Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1271 Post by flight50 » 06 Jun 2021 06:19

@Texshi I wouldn't take that one blog of just a few buildings to define all of Texas. They can't show everything in one blog. They have mentioned they made hundreds of assets for Texas.I'm sure they aren't even finished either. They are still just brushing the surface with Texas blog and how are the dlc is from release. Its wayyy to early to be saying what Texas doesn't have though. We just have to keep waiting for the blogs to see moare. At the same token, they will not be able to get everything in the game. For every 1-2 things that they can manage to get in, they had to kick out 20-30 others. Its just the unfortunate circumstances of 1:20 scale.
clifflandmark

#1272 Post by clifflandmark » 07 Jun 2021 08:57

assets seem cool to me. I think even people who live in Tx don't know all remarkable places. I'll be OK if they don't include 1 of 4 things. (or 1 of 3) remained 3(2) is enough for strangers like me.

can they include Boise City in Tx -to complete road connection- before Oklahoma ?
flight50

#1273 Post by flight50 » 07 Jun 2021 13:33

I've been in Texas 75% of my life. Since 97, continuously. So no way would I still claim to know it all or seen it all. I've never seen West of I-35 in Texas.
Bedavd

#1274 Post by Bedavd » 07 Jun 2021 19:22

So I'm finally back to my computer, and I've compiled the locations for each picture, 6 through 19, from the latest Texas blog. Most of these were known for a while, thanks to @TheRedRaider for finding a bunch of them, but I did find a few that I don't think were located yet, so take a look:

Pic 6: Herring Hotel in downtown Amarillo, Texas, as mentioned in the blog itself.
Pic 7: The "Tribute to Courage" statute of Sam Houston, along I-45 south of Huntsville, Texas.
Pic 8: The Embassy Suites in downton Amarillo, Texas.
Pic 9: The Khiva Masonic Temple in downtown Amarillo, Texas.
Pic 10: The Potter County Courts Building in downtown Amarillo, Texas, as already seen on this blog photo from the Texas Announcement Blog.
Pic 11: The JM Jones Federal Building in downtown Amarillo, Texas.
Pic 12: The Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Pic 13: American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.
Pic 14: St Paul Lutheran Church in Wichita Falls, Texas
Pic 15: The Medieval Times off of I-35E NW of Dallas, Texas.
Pic 16: The Texas State Capitol Building in Austin, Texas.
Pic 17: The Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Wichita Falls, Texas
Pic 18: The KVII-TV station in downtown Amarillo, Texas.
Pic 19: The Wells Fargo Building in downtown Amarillo, Texas.

7/13 photos are from Amarillo, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that has been one of the first towns SCS started on, or at least the one they've made the most progress on. I'm actually pretty surprised we don't have anything from El Paso yet, given its proximity to Las Cruces as well. Wichita Falls is also confirmed now!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#1275 Post by Xaagon » 08 Jun 2021 00:19

Texas DLC without El Paso would be a devastating miss. I think it just about has to be there... it just has to! It's such a major shipping point from Mexico. I would expect one of those new transfer stations to be in or near El Paso.
flight50

#1276 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 00:38

There is a solid 25-26 that you just know will be there. El Paso is one of them. I wouldn't even second guess it. Any major city off the Interstate will make the game. I don't see the devs missing those major cities right off the Interstates. To many mid-sized cities off those main roads to ignore. The top 6 cities....Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Ft. Worth, Austin and El Paso....are 101% locks. Too many blogs left and too many months left before Texas releases to be concerned right now.
Marcello Julio

#1277 Post by Marcello Julio » 08 Jun 2021 02:31

El Paso is a big and important city, I don't see SCS not adding it. Surely one of the new transfer stations will be there.
Bedavd

#1278 Post by Bedavd » 08 Jun 2021 03:46

Absolutely agree. I really think there's a 0% chance El Paso doesn't show. Hahah sorry to cause a brief panic, I was just pointing out that I thought it would be one of the first areas worked on but it seems that honor goes to the panhandle and Amarillo more specifically.

Wichita Falls I would also call a shoe-in, but it's always nice to get confirmation in a new city! It did have me looking more at the Red River region and I was wondering what people's thoughts on Paris would be? Based on the roads going to it, I would be surprised if it wasn't at least scenic, but could it possibly come marked? It's one of those cities in Texas I had always known about but I also always thought it was larger than it really is. There is a big Campbell's Soup Cannery there that would be fun to get.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#1279 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 07:08

Yeah Wichita Falls is one of those 25-26 you don't miss. If Wichita Falls is in, we can assume US-287 gets us from Amarillo to WF. High chance of US-287 from WF to Ft. Worth as well. Now it would be sweet if we can get from WF to Sherman, to Paris to Texarkana all with US-82. Otherwise to get to Texarkana from Wichita Falls is US-287 to I-30 then to Texarkana. Whether Texarkana is with Texas or with Arkansas doesn't matter. The route will be available one day. Sherman and Paris are at least worthy of being scenic in my opinion. We'll see how it all plays out.

There are ton of areas left to see in Texas though. Once Wyoming releases, hopefully we can at least get 1 Texas blog a month. It won't be until 2022 when Texas can enter that bi weekly blog period. But from now til then, at least 6 blogs are possible. Give or take a little.
_Roger_

#1280 Post by _Roger_ » 08 Jun 2021 07:45

Wichita Falls is the greatest place I've ever been in my life!

Return to “General discussion about the game”