Texas Discussion Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1911 Post by Trucker Nik » 15 Oct 2021 16:10

Today's latest post from scs on twitter is mysterious, in yesterday's stream Nemiro said that there will be a special stream over Halloween (31.10 Sunday), I would be interested in what it will be about, we have to wait another 16 days. https://youtu.be/DphmEzRjwP0 Nemiro mentions a special stream over Halloween
Bedavd

#1912 Post by Bedavd » 15 Oct 2021 16:47

@LATrucker I got it! The only one I think we have any chance of really finding is number 7, but from my time looking for this photo, it seems a lot of those Texas Centennial Markers are placed like that, just in front of a chain link fence with wilderness behind it.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Brendan0620

#1913 Post by Brendan0620 » 15 Oct 2021 16:58

SCS_Annie wrote: 15 Oct 2021 12:41 Our team certainly appreciates the enthusiasm, however, for the time being, something like this is rather unrealistic due to technical obstacles, time restraints and other issues being of higher priority.
Okay, Thanks for the response Annie! :D
Quark wrote: 15 Oct 2021 15:11 It's good that you damp down some unrealistic expectations right from the start
I wasn't "expecting" anything. It was a suggestion that I didn't know was realistic or unrealistic. Of course I don't really care to see it in game or not, it would have been cool, but now that I know that it is unrealistic to be in the game, of course I won't suggest anything like that again.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Quark

#1914 Post by Quark » 15 Oct 2021 18:06

I'm sorry if it came across like that. It was neither directly related to your comment nor was it really meant as criticism towards such expectations or in your case, a particular suggestion. Rather a general appreciation that developers contribute in this way. I would like to see more of that. I mean, maybe i have some unrealistic "expectations" too? Especially with someone as talented as Annie (working now full time on ATS), expectations may and will naturally rise to unachievable heights. :)
Brendan0620

#1915 Post by Brendan0620 » 15 Oct 2021 18:22

It's okay, I'm not offended or anything, I sometimes take comments in the wrong way. I know I shouldn't, but that's just who I am. We are good! :)

And yes, I may have some unrealistic expectations/suggestions/wishlist items like everyone else, that's why I try not to talk about them here just in case they are too unrealistic. With Annie, the game is going to get even better and I am very excited to see what she brings to American Truck Simulator! :D
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
flight50

#1916 Post by flight50 » 15 Oct 2021 19:55

@Brendan0620 You don't know something is unrealistic until you say something. I always say closed mouths don't get fed. The way I see things is talk about them and if not possible, a dev could eventually chime in. In this case, one did. I actually like your idea. Its very realistic and immersive for gameplay. Now its not very realistic for the devs is all she is saying. Its a ton of work to keep up with. Now for the example she said 600 billboards. Well ATS could perhaps get 600 total for the entire game. Add or change them out over the course of the next 10-15 years. 200-300 is probably more feasible though. But the exit number on the signs makes if very very difficult I'd think. That's a ton of coordination. SCS would burn a lot of time fine tuning something that minor when there are bigger fish to fry. If I had to guess, natvander would have to be involved with exit numbers and that's too much on his plate. He is already going back and adding numbers to the distance signs and doing this all by hand iirc saying. That's a rough task in itself.

In a nutshell, its more than likely not worth the devs time for so little gain.
JohnMc19

#1917 Post by JohnMc19 » 15 Oct 2021 20:42

Great news Annie has joined ATS team hopefully we get a few teases along the way too.
clifflandmark

#1918 Post by clifflandmark » 16 Oct 2021 01:08

rbsanford wrote: 14 Oct 2021 17:10 Either that, or "President Pavel" could be up for re-election, promising infrastructure improvements (reworked base map, continuous updates) and new jobs (new industries and companies in future states).
:mrgreen: that would be motivative.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#1919 Post by SCS_Annie » 16 Oct 2021 09:58

JohnMc19 wrote: 15 Oct 2021 20:42 Great news Annie has joined ATS team hopefully we get a few teases along the way too.
I was always a part of the ATS team (I've worked on Colorado and Wyoming). I merely work there fulltime now - a change that allows me to dedicate myself fully to ATS and help our team realise ideas and visions that weren't possible before due to time restraints.
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
Trakaplex

#1920 Post by Trakaplex » 16 Oct 2021 12:52

SCS_Annie wrote: 16 Oct 2021 09:58
JohnMc19 wrote: 15 Oct 2021 20:42 Great news Annie has joined ATS team hopefully we get a few teases along the way too.
I was always a part of the ATS team (I've worked on Colorado and Wyoming). I merely work there fulltime now - a change that allows me to dedicate myself fully to ATS and help our team realise ideas and visions that weren't possible before due to time restraints.
Texas has a variety of a lot more businesses, so take your creativity as far beyond your limits! I am also asking a rocket job in association with NASA. Can someone list all the possible TX gas stations and their parody names? That would be interesting.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation

Return to “General discussion about the game”