Texas Discussion Thread

clifflandmark

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1921 Post by clifflandmark » 16 Oct 2021 13:07

Theres a space center near Houston afaik. I don't know if it's accessible for trucks, but it can be modeled if a highway cross near it.

I think Bezos (long time ago) and Musk been in some attempts about space industries in TX. SpaceX do the trick. Bezos' did not.

Almost every of them have a parody in ATS except Shell.
Not sure if more company could be added.
Shiva

#1922 Post by Shiva » 16 Oct 2021 14:09

Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center ?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
rbsanford

#1923 Post by rbsanford » 16 Oct 2021 15:08

The LBJ Space Center is just the NASA HQ, training area, and Mission Control Center. The only way I can see it being visible in the game is if we got TX 146 (which would make sense, with all the industry along it) and the NASA Parkway connected it to I-45.

The SpaceX launch facility is on Boca Chica Beach, which is just a few miles from the Mexican border, so maybe we could get that with Brownsville.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
clifflandmark

#1924 Post by clifflandmark » 16 Oct 2021 15:27

My bad. :? The one that I wanted to mean was Kennedy center in Cape Canaveral, FL.https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/mobi ... y-building I thought this building was somewhere near Houston.

I don't even know whether both them are accessible or not. Kennedy building is long in height. There's a chance it will get modeled. I can't say the same for Lyndon Johnson.
flight50

#1925 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2021 15:35

SCS_Annie wrote: 16 Oct 2021 09:58 a change that allows me to dedicate myself fully to ATS and help our team realise ideas and visions that weren't possible before due to time restraints.
...and this is what excites me the most about you permanently on the ATS team. Not just Texas, but beyond it. I can't imagine the creativity that is about to be unleased. Anything visually we can see, you can influence. From the first time we saw your work in Colorado, you where an instant success to the company. I wish you well and I hope you achieve what you want at SCS. We can't loose a talent like yourself. So Pavel, pay the woman, lol. I see Annie like Carthoo. Don't take key people for granted. Their connection to the community is vital.

Some may think that just because I live here in Texas that I want everything for Texas. Soooo not true. I put aside the like for my state because I know the potential it can bring to ATS. I've lived here most of my life but I wasn't born here and I've spend significant time in my parents home state as a kid growing up. Central Arkansas to be more specific. So look around, I post in every state thread and reworks thread. Texas is just huge and has a ton of space. So naturally, a lot can fit in this dlc but still keep 1:20 scale in mind. I just try to bring awareness when thinking about trucking goods and products. Good example is the quote below. Its the diversity/variety that I'd like to see come with Texas. Not everything will come obviously, but enough to make it feel refreshed from what we currently have.
Trakaplex wrote: 16 Oct 2021 12:52 Texas has a variety of a lot more businesses, so take your creativity as far beyond your limits! I am also asking a rocket job in association with NASA. Can someone list all the possible TX gas stations and their parody names? That would be interesting.
Nasa would be cool. We'll just have to wait and see what comes. I remember way back in 2018 on the Summer stream, Pavel acknowledged it when someone asked a question about aerospace. Pavel briefly talked about it. His words was no promises. So we'll just have to wait for more details. We've briefly seen things like glass factory coming and forwarding centers in the blogs. What else is to come is just a matter of time before revealed. I think Texas is large enough to have more industry blogs than what we are accustomed to though. Now what I can say is that oil/gas should be huge here in the Texas dlc. We have Chemron, BP, and Gallon Gas in the game now. It feels like there is one more but I'll go with these as I can't remember. Maybe if tankers come owned to Texas, the economy gets retooled a bit and we can start taking diesel fuel loads to trucks stops. Truck stops need gas too right? Texas pretty much has more than just one new gas company that I think should add to that list. I honestly think Texas alone should add 3 more. These three, spread out to other states easily. Exxon, Conoco Phillps and Valero. Shell is also huge here. Somewhere somehow how it needs to make it into ATS and that would round out a much better oil/gas industry for ATS. The Gulf Coast is loaded with gas refineries. The piping network in the US pretty much all link to this Texas/Louisiana region in some fashion.

[ external image ]

So with that in mind, the Texas gulf coast is loaded with potential oil/gas companies as well as chemical companies. Exxon is a must add imo as the bare minimum. But I think Texas is too large to not get a more. When people think Texas industry, oil/gas is going to be at the top with cattle. They run 1 and 2. So I really hope to see new oil/gas companies in Texas just like I really hope to see new agricultural companies in Texas. That should be 5-6 new companies with just those 2 industries alone. Its time to thin out SunCrops, Bushnell, Gallon Gas, Chemron and BP. The gas companies will always be used thru out the game but the agriculture companies, they should change out per region. The top gas companies in the US are more national than regional based for the most part. Quik Trip is one chain that is Southern based but it does not have its own oil refinery that I'm aware of. I see many request for it to come to ATS. As a depot, no. But as scenic sure. The oil/gas companies we need in ATS as deliverable depots are those that have refineries on the coast and those that are inland. Scenic ones can come anywhere, anyday. I see people talk about Buc-cees. They too are in the same boat with Quik Trip. They don't have their own refinery as they get from a source. Now the thing with Buc-ee's is that they are a iconic gas station in Texas due to their size. I see it as landmark value compared to Quik Trip and some others.
altysrts

#1926 Post by altysrts » 18 Oct 2021 18:14

Looks like the town of Raton (NM) will be worth a lot. Real estate investments need to be made. 😂
hangman005

#1927 Post by hangman005 » 19 Oct 2021 10:50

If NASA isn't in they need an acheivement for damaging your truck 100% within a certain city called "Houston we have a problem"
Marcello Julio

#1928 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 Oct 2021 12:10

They need to make this achievement :lol:
Bedavd

#1929 Post by Bedavd » 20 Oct 2021 05:30

I know it's now a week+ since it was released, but I hadn't really been able to spend to much time with the pictures and I did a little bit of work to find another location.

Pic 6 is the Hardeman County Rest Area along US 287 looking along the SB lanes. Kinda from this position.

Also picture 12, the sign behind definitely says "[something] Ranch" but I cannot make out that top word/words for the life of me. Anyone have any clues? Looks like there's a large, multistory building on the hill in the far background. Maybe a hotel?
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
EthanE40

#1930 Post by EthanE40 » 20 Oct 2021 06:47

hangman005 wrote: 19 Oct 2021 10:50 If NASA isn't in they need an acheivement for damaging your truck 100% within a certain city called "Houston we have a problem"
Should be from an easter egg like the Evel Knievel ramp in Twin Falls, Idaho. Question is where in Houston though?

Return to “General discussion about the game”