Texas Discussion Thread

SmokeyWolf

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1001 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Mar 2021 19:05

@flight50 planning on a tank fleet in Houston, van operation in El Paso or DFW, and cattle in Amarillo.
flight50

#1002 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 00:52

Ahhhh, smooth. I like that. The tanker fleet was a no brainer for Houston, lol. Lets hope tankers come either before or for Texas. Otherwise, big miss for sure. I do know that on my 3rd profile that I use my heavy mods on, DFW will be my permanente HQ. On my main profile, Austin will be my HQ until Oklahoma comes as my main profile I always relocate to the newest dlc's state capital. Just a little tradition I picked up since NM dropped.

I too am waiting for owned tankers though. I have a Mack Anthem, low roof sleeper waiting in a garage for that. Houston makes a lot more sense than Dallas. I'll own the Houston garage and put my Anthem there but my HQ will still be DfW. I've started just placing trucks in garages around the map and I just relocate to drive those trucks when I want to jump out my W900. So between my W900, Cascadia, 49x, Anthem and K100.....I have some good wheels to get around on. If the 122SD and 5700XE comes, I'll get to garage those somewhere too. I like to use dedicated trailers with certain trucks though.
Marcello Julio

#1003 Post by Marcello Julio » 26 Mar 2021 03:02

I was watching Racertoft interview stream again, and more or less here, he said that in addition to working on California rework, he is also working in Texas, but specifically doing the junctions and truck stops. He also worked in Wyoming, but his work for Wyoming has already been done in the first iteration.
killingjoke28336

#1004 Post by killingjoke28336 » 26 Mar 2021 10:16

Speaking of HQ, would be nice to have one actually. With offices and the possibility to upgrade and expand it and giving some bonuses for your company.
flight50

#1005 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 13:07

Yes that would be cool. Many people have mentioned it on the wishlist. I remember mentioning a few things myself from time to time. But modular and customization is what I was saying. Ability to buy land to build modular garages. Various size lots available to build on scattered thru out the map. Lots of blank space on the map to do this. With MP coming, it opens the door for VTC's. Currently, the garages are too small to host MP players. If we got to design our own lots that can hold MP, that would be sweet. Truck stops is not a HQ but is currently the largest spot to gather. Its just not a hub for a VTC company. I'd leave the current garages in place and just implement mega garages that can be constructed from buying plots of land. Everything that people ask to come for garages could be added for mega garages instead. Give more incentive to start from scratch to really build your own company/building that you own, pay taxes on, maintenance on, hire mechanic, design signage, etc.
Shiva

#1006 Post by Shiva » 26 Mar 2021 15:34

If those moludar garages, then SCS has to map places where those garages can be.
Quite similar to what is now ingame.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1007 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 19:54

^Not my vision. My vision is outside of town which isn't like whats in game now. Garages in the game now are buried in the city. On the perimeter of an established town is where I see it working. Eventually a town will end/stop and that is where you make lots purchasable. Only a few locations are needed per dlc. I wouldn't even do them in cities where there is already a garage either. A lot of people want more garages. More like ETS2. One solution is to allow people to build their own.
SmokeyWolf

#1008 Post by SmokeyWolf » 26 Mar 2021 20:06

Garages should be placed away from downtown and be in a rural area or industrial park as in real life.
flight50

#1009 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2021 20:38

Yep and that is why I say outside of town. That is where we have tons of space begging to be used. I'd love to remove some XXXX barriers to get some more accessible locations on the map.
Shiva

#1010 Post by Shiva » 27 Mar 2021 09:13

Well, what I wrote, still is valid.
Possible garage / headquarter locations would need to be mapped.
And a technique used similar to as what is now used for basic garage, 3 slot garage and 5 slot garage, for those locations.
Area not used = patch of grass, sand, forest or gravel as example. Or a random non deliverable prefab. Instead of basic garage.
Area used = hard packed gravel,blacktop, garage, repair shop or Office building.
A few or more of these areas together, could be made to be a modular area for a company headquarters.
But these could very well take space from scenery, delivery prefabs etc, that are wanted or needed.
Depending on map size and where the map DLC is, it could be possible that some DLC's might only fit 1 or none of these possible headquarter areas.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”