Texas Discussion Thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2031 Post by supersobes » 15 Nov 2021 16:55

What did the Sierra Nevada map developers do to make it work? I never used that map, so I have no idea. Did they just add a collision box to the expansion joint model?
flight50

#2032 Post by flight50 » 15 Nov 2021 19:39

I have no idea what they did but they made it pretty much perfect. Very subtle. I'm no longer on their discord, nor do I visit their map mod thread anymore since I stopped using there mod once it merged .Whatever they did, that's what SCS needs to do. SCS has something very similar in game but I have no idea where I experienced it. The closest is a rail road crossing though and not all them are the same either. Just make it thinner, tone it down a hair and viola, that will suffice. But I don't recall ever going over both a smooth and a quiet expansion joint in real life and that's what we have right now....even though I can't recall going over one in ATS, lol.
supersobes
Global moderator

#2033 Post by supersobes » 15 Nov 2021 20:19

I know the overpass at the from I-5 south to I-84 east in Portland gives the effect of expansion joints in ATS because the collision boxes on the bridge pillars are clipping through the bridge deck slightly. Maybe that's where you're recalling where SCS did it.
flight50

#2034 Post by flight50 » 15 Nov 2021 21:06

My memory is too bad with stuff in ATS. No telling where I witnessed it, lol. But I can tell you where its at in the SN mod..........everywhere, lol.
TomTRW

Re: Texas Discussion Thread (From a Texan)

#2035 Post by TomTRW » 18 Nov 2021 05:51

All we Texas ask in the Texas update, is that you add the gas station Buck Ee's as a truck stop.
If your not a native Texan and are missing out, here's a quick video to show just how inpressive these stores are. We have a saying down here, "One doesn't simply drive past Buck Ee's" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzR3l2UTwGk

So yeah as a Texas DLC having Buck Ee's would make a lot of us Texan ATS drivers happy.

Also Don't know what towns your adding locations for but is it possible to add my home town Dripping Springs? West of Austin, sort of the connection point between Austin in the north and east, Johnson City in the west, and Wimberly, San Marcos and San Antonio in the south so a lot of connections. There are also a lot of farming and other types of industry for jobs.

(Don't want to DDOS myself but on this road near where I live, I think it's called Brownson lane there's actually a truck depo that I see Semis at quite often passing by so having a job from there would be cool)
Last edited by TomTRW on 18 Nov 2021 05:57, edited 2 times in total.
flight50

#2036 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2021 12:39

Buc-ee's is actually the spelling but yes, Texas and even the Southeast would love it. Buc-ee's is not just Texas anymore tbough.

The towns you mentioned, thier best chances us to get absorbed. They are not major enough to be marked towns.
Trakaplex

#2037 Post by Trakaplex » 18 Nov 2021 15:26

10 pictures of Amarillo and nothing from either El Paso or San Antonio yet :O
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Shiva

#2038 Post by Shiva » 18 Nov 2021 15:30

They will come.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
TomTRW

#2039 Post by TomTRW » 18 Nov 2021 15:34

Yeah I realize that Flight 50, my auto currect was fighting me on that one for some reason, Yeah though generally in already existing areas there are rest stops and such outside of major towns, lot of those places are on major routes connecting the major hubs. They work since they're not in major areas so give people an oppitunity to have a rest stop while traveling between the various hubs (which in Texas could be anywhere between 40 minutes to 5 hours depending on where your going. (Seriously we like to joke often we spend half of our entire trip just in Texas before crossing state borders)

One thing that'd be cool down the road is having truck stop as sort of an entity of itself (Maybe pull an Elite Dangerous (Without destroying the game thou) and allow players once inside the Truck Stop area be able to leave the truck (already have those mechanics built in with the dealerships). Be able to walk into the truck stop stores, be able to make temporary fixes on your truck until you can make it over to a mechanic, go into the truck sleeper, ect. For Mutliplayer especially it'd be fun, allow multi crew trucks, allow players to get out of their trucks and plan their routes (sort of like in Sea of Theives with a map thingy). A lot of that stuff would be optional allowing more in deph realism, If you don't want to spend money on a tow for instance being able to make a temporary fix on your engine, check the trailer and inspect the goods ect. Also at your HQs have a simular thing where when within the propery lines being able to do all this, naturally not being able to just walk out of the said zone.
I say this here since being able to do this at a Buck Ee's would be pretty cool, buying coffee (Buck ee's coffee is pretty good ngl) or in unique truck stops (Buck ee's needs to have Beaver chips) to get the energy slightly boosted. Having unique items for your truck, whether skin or exterior/interior items, like all the Buck Ee's merch also would be a reason to explore ore also.
Last edited by TomTRW on 18 Nov 2021 15:37, edited 2 times in total.
TexasWhirlwind

#2040 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 18 Nov 2021 16:01

I haven't seen any 10 pictures of Amarillo.. Where are they. Not in blog..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Return to “General discussion about the game”