Texas Discussion Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1601 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Sep 2021 11:25

Since the quality of map DLCs is being addressed here, let me mention that now we are all looking forward to Texas and expecting it to be the best quality DLC, (for now) but when we reach New York State, for example, we will look at Texas as a lower quality DLC. compared to New York, just like now when we compare New Mexico and Wyoming, for example
killingjoke28336

#1602 Post by killingjoke28336 » 16 Sep 2021 12:26

An endless circle of rebuilding. Scary.
angrybirdseller

#1603 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Sep 2021 13:14

There plateau affect with detail the east coast won't be big jump compared what was done after Colorado DLC. Utah and Idaho along with Washington got upgraded with assets early this year with newer fast food assets the same will happen with New Mexico and the base map rebuild. There baseline of detail Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado the older states will get the same treatment.
Trucker Nik

#1604 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Sep 2021 13:26

Is it likely that more than half of Texas is ready?
parasaurolophus67

#1605 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 16 Sep 2021 13:27

No maybe less then half. like maybe 2/3rd's from half. I say it would be half by Nov or dec
flight50

#1606 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 13:59

If they started blogs already, I'd have to agree that is more than half. It will take perhaps 6 to polish and test it. That is why I'm thinking Summer of 2022. Spring at best. Now that Wyoming is out, we should get an increase in Texas blogs. Once Texas enters that every 2 weeks for blogs, that is when you know Texas is more than likely 75% plus. Its gonna be a pits to test. That is pretty much 2-3 states in one. But the rewards can be great. If the same attention to detail and care goes into Texas and beyond like Wyoming, there will be less bugs for sure. That would be a great thing.
Trakaplex

#1607 Post by Trakaplex » 16 Sep 2021 15:07

flight50 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 13:59 If they started blogs already, I'd have to agree that is more than half. It will take perhaps 6 to polish and test it. That is why I'm thinking Summer of 2022. Spring at best. Now that Wyoming is out, we should get an increase in Texas blogs. Once Texas enters that every 2 weeks for blogs, that is when you know Texas is more than likely 75% plus. Its gonna be a pits to test. That is pretty much 2-3 states in one. But the rewards can be great. If the same attention to detail and care goes into Texas and beyond like Wyoming, there will be less bugs for sure. That would be a great thing.
When do you think the next Texas blog will be and what it will be about? There was one about the landmarks in June, but no news after...
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Trucker Nik

#1608 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Sep 2021 16:13

With the release of Texas, we get a new time zone

@Trakaplex We will definitely get one blog before the release of open beta 1.42 and others will come after the final version of update 1.42, i dare not say what will be written in them
flight50

#1609 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 16:24

@Trakaplex Hmmm good question, lol. Not many blogs thus far so it could be anything. We got Landscapes/Prehabs in one. First the intro to Texas which was a general blog....a little of everywhere.

When we get one.....that could be a jinx but I'd always like to say at least 2 weeks after an ATS map release, the next one could come. Considering Russia just came thru, I'm going within the next 3-4 weeks. That puts us to Oct 15th. I think they go for industries honestly. At least that is my hope. I think cities or roads is a bit early at this point. SCS likes to lead up to things. Not everyone cares about industries and prefabs to show what we'd get. I love these type of blogs the most. I always want to see new ICCs.

I wouldn't mind something different from the norm though. Some like the coast line. Industries along there. I think we could get a lot of part two's from Texas. Landscape, industries, road networks. Cities I'd go with at least 6 city blogs. We might get lucky and get a trailer part 3 blog.
Bedavd

#1610 Post by Bedavd » 16 Sep 2021 16:36

There's nothing new here since June but I know not everyone goes over to my map, so I thought I'd share because I haven't shown this yet.

Here's the map of blog photo locations that have been found in Texas so far. The one photo on Amarillo is actually about 8, because SCS showed off a lot of unique buildings from Amarillo in their June Texas blog. I'm really looking forward to the next Texas blog so I can get back to location hunting lol. Hopefully they don't make it too hard on us though. Texas is basically going to be the exact opposite of Wyoming in terms of difficulty. Many times bigger and many times more populated will make so much more research to sift through before we find locations.

[ external image ]

I hope we'll see something from El Paso soon, and San Antonio. Those are probably the two towns I'm personally looking forward to the most. My Aunt has lived in SA my entire life and my sister went to UIW for Optometry, so the town has always been one I frequented. Looking forward to seeing familiar landmarks and areas like I got with OR, CO, WA, and WY.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”