Texas Discussion Thread

Sora

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1061 Post by Sora » 20 Apr 2021 18:49

I'm just splitting hairs at this point, but I'd probably consider HEB and Central Market to be the same "company" as far as the in-game economy is concerned; they're fundamentally just fancier HEBs, and their greatest contribution to ATS would simply be justifying the HEB parody in Dallas/Ft Worth where HEB does not otherwise exist. Whole Foods could easily justify being an independent company (from both Wallbert and HEB), though, since it's reasonably common outside of Texas and serves a somewhat different purpose.

I've been asking for IKA/IKEA for years and I'm honestly a little surprised they never bothered. It's not widespread in the US, but most major cities have one, so I thought for sure it'd be the first company to be in both games.
Shiva

#1062 Post by Shiva » 20 Apr 2021 19:26

52 IKEA's in USA ain't that bad.
Will Texas be the first DLC where IKEA's are in locations fitting the ATS map?
Route from IKEA Distribution Center to 5 IKEA's. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ikea+Di ... 937506!3e0
Altho it is possible that the route's are already done and none of these locations fit.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1063 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 20:09

I agree on HEB and Central Market. Funny how DFW its Central Market but the same company. Both could come imo. Make H.E.B.....copy it and rebrand to Central Market, spruce it up a tad. Copy the same cargo files..done. We need more food stores, more manufacturing facilities, more logistics and the major national chains retail stores like Kohl's and Target. Anything that is bulk truck load type stuff, ATS should have it. Sams and Costco where are ya. Floor & Decor, beverage companies, bakeries, Frito Lay, Kraft...I have 100 of them that could come. The regional or state specific stuff comes when it comes based on the dlc but the National stuff I just don't get why they are not there. Safeways are out West. Kroger's and Albertston's are national as well. Publix, Winn Dixie...those are regional and should come when its time.
leo.arevalo12ss

#1064 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 21 Apr 2021 02:36

Sysco should definitely be in the DLC although with a different name for obvious reasons because they're a food distribution center just like the global mills(general mills) and having exxon mobil and valero energy which are both headquartered in irving texas and san Antonio respectively plus they could add jet fuel, asphalt, and ultra low sulfur diesel fuel(assuming the diesel that's in the game isn't ultra low sulfur diesel)
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
supersobes
Global moderator

#1065 Post by supersobes » 21 Apr 2021 03:02

If they add a company like Sysco, then we also need places to deliver that freight to. It'd be unrealistic taking it to a place like Wallbert. Companies like Sysco deliver food product to places like restaurants, hotels, and gas stations/truck stops. Most of those things already exist in the ATS scenery, so they could potentially be made into delivery points to support an industry like that.
flight50

#1066 Post by flight50 » 21 Apr 2021 04:02

If SCS ever developed multi drop, that opens the doors to Sysco, US Foods, Ben E. Keith, Coremark, GSC, McLane, etc. Gives more purpose to 28', pups and triples with multi drop. That would be the time to add a few small scale delivery places like big chain restaurants, large gas station deliveries, schools, healthcare, colleges, office buildings, government buildings, large hospitality chains, convention centers, etc. As stated, a lot of this stuff is scenic already. Its just a matter of doing a WS manufacturing plant. Update the prefab to make it a functional depot.
Texshi

#1067 Post by Texshi » 22 Apr 2021 10:29

i'd like to see HEB PFG McClanes as much as sysco.. but HEB the most it would be great to have more heck at my truck dispatch job we pull for HEB a ton and do a LOT of "store loads" which is basically pick up a bulk of groceries and then drop at 3-6 stores through 35 it's interesting
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#1068 Post by flight50 » 22 Apr 2021 11:03

I think Texas could add quite a few new companies and not just HEB. But will it is the question. We have 6 huge cities here. Surely than can be populated with something the game hasn't had yet. With the way they have been building cities in ATS, Texas should have some very nice cities. Not to mention the numerous mid sized cities that we should be able to access like Boise or Ft. Collins for examples. If people are paying a premium price for such a large dlc like ETS2 maps, it has to stand out and be different than what we've been getting since Oregon. Oregon brought 11 companies to ATS and we haven't seen numbers like that since. Between oil/gas, agriculture and construction, I'm really hoping for some additional companies. It would be nice to see a new industry or two pop up as well. Getting some expanded industries is fine and expected for a few industries, but Texas really needs to stand out if people are going to flock to it and buy it without hesitation. ATS is already with a much smaller fan base. If more people are to buy into ATS though, Texas provides a good shot at people not only buying ATS or Texas, but purchasing all the other dlc's as well to really get the full experience. With dlc's going on sale so frequently, it would be perfect to get discount bundles along with Texas.

edit:
Quiet week. I wonder if we can get a ATS blog today/tomorrow for something. I think Alex wants to tell us something here soon. Its almost that time in which we can get a blog, 20-30 mins from now.
shadynsx

#1069 Post by shadynsx » 22 Apr 2021 16:09

Is there any train yard we could get in this dlc?
LATrucker

#1070 Post by LATrucker » 22 Apr 2021 16:46

I'm not sure if we even get another Texas blog before the release of Wyoming. It's almost a year to go and I think the next blogs will be about Renault and Iberia for ETS2 and about Wyoming for ATS.
But I hope I'm wrong... :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”