Texas Discussion Thread

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1651 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 Sep 2021 17:08

Some updates indeed move me back to my HQ, which is, was and will be Flagstaff, AZ. Before each update I remember where I am at that moment. After the update I go back to that location (via Quick travel or even def cam) and I continue to drive from there. No need to relocate my HQ. I only relocated my HQ in my test profile for testing purposes.
oldmanclippy

#1652 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 18:01

rbsanford wrote: 20 Sep 2021 16:30 Speaking of Duluth, that's where I'll move my HQ permanently once we get there. I hope the garage in-game will represent Jeff Foster Trucking's garage, which is in a scenic and convenient area.
Do you mean the one in Superior? Honestly I could see them bringing Superior with the MN DLC. Get a nice loop with I-35, I-535/US-53, and US-2. There's just so much good industry to take advantage of in Superior that it would be a shame if we didn't get it until Wisconsin. It's a different situation than Kansas City (the bigger city is Duluth which comes first) and Texarkana (it's not a major city so it can all come with Arkansas), Superior is basically eastern Duluth. If Wisconsin came first, then Superior would be marked. Since MN will come first, Superior doesn't need to be marked, it can be absorbed in Duluth. Or they can mark it, doesn't really matter. Although they'd be the closest marked cities in either game easily. So probably just mark Duluth and bring Superior with it. It's a unique situation that SCS won't have to deal with anywhere else on the map that I can see, so I can see them making an exception for MN.

Duluth will probably become my permanent garage when MN comes unless the Minneapolis or St. Paul one is in a place I frequent often. My heart is in Duluth and I would move there in a heartbeat if my family wasn't down here in the cities.

It's gonna be bonkers in ATS. This intersection in the middle of an off ramp always makes me think twice about where I'm supposed to be going https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7646922 ... 384!8i8192. That whole I-35/US-53 interchange is wild and will really challenge SCS's AI :lol:
EthanE40 wrote: 20 Sep 2021 16:36 When a new DLC is added to your profile, your truck gets moved to your assigned garage.
I know, I always use Garage Travel (or Quick Travel now) to return to where I was before the update moved me back to my HQ. I like my travels to be continuous. So I'll move my truck to Las Cruces, and then use Quick Travel to go back there from Jackson after Texas gets downloaded.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
rbsanford

#1653 Post by rbsanford » 20 Sep 2021 18:27

Jeff Foster also has a garage in Duluth, unless they closed it recently. It's in a former paper mill at the base of Rice's Point, which will no doubt make the game. For Superior, I'd prefer the Halvor Lines HQ, which is right by the Blatnik Bridge.

Texarkana would make sense as an inter-state marked city, since there's an even distribution of the city in both states, and they have the same name. Duluth/Superior should be more like Portland/Vancouver. Superior is one of Wisconsin's larger and more industrially significant towns, and should definitely be marked alongside Duluth.

St. Louis/East St. Louis, Omaha/Council Bluffs, Kansas City/Overland Park, and Davenport/Moline are some other essentially inter-state cities; it'll be interesting to see how all of these are handled.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
LATrucker

#1654 Post by LATrucker » 20 Sep 2021 19:12

I'm curious to see if Heart of Russia or Texas will be released first.
Both are really big DLCs for ETS2/ATS and I think that SCS would like to focus on one hype train a time when it comes to live streams, blog posts, social media etc.
oldmanclippy

#1655 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 20:06

@LATrucker I'd be pretty surprised if Texas beat HoR. HoR is in a much further state it seems (even when it was teased almost a year ago).

@rbsanford Davenport/Moline is a good comparison. It'll be interesting to see how they handle that one.

But I think Omaha/Council Bluffs will be the first big test to see what SCS does in terms of two cities that border each other that each could be marked if their respective states were released first. I think Omaha will just get all the depots but it will be interesting to see if Council Bluffs comes with NE or IA.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
55sixxx

#1656 Post by 55sixxx » 20 Sep 2021 20:07

Two different games, different map teams. I don't think HoR will affect Texas in any way and vice versa... Plus, afaik, HoR started production after Texas (Don't know about how much) so Texas will probably come first.
oldmanclippy

#1657 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 21:03

@55sixxx There being two different teams has nothing to do with why HoR will likely come first. Additionally, we don't know when Texas started full production, only when some people started working on it. What we do know is that last October we got screenshots from HoR that almost looked finished, and in December we got pictures of models from Texas and only in March did we get screenshots similar in quality to the HoR ones. Additionally, we know that Iberia was released 16 months after Road to the Black Sea, but 12 months is more typical of a gap for ETS2. Considering we already got screenshots for HoR 6 months before Iberia released, I think it's a safe bet to assume HoR will be closer to 12 months than 16 months from Iberia. Plus I think the people who prefer ETS2 would lose their collective minds if ATS got Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, and Texas since RttBS and ETS2 only got Iberia. I enjoy both games and would probably pick ATS if a gun was pointed at me but even I would be pretty frustrated in that case. Texas is massive with a smaller team working on it than HoR, and HoR can reuse a ton of assets and foliage from BtBS whereas Texas needed mostly new assets since the New Mexico ones aren't up to snuff.

Long story short, there's a lot going against Texas and a lot going for HoR in terms of which one comes first. I think Texas will come mid-to-late Summer 2022, and HoR comes early to mid Spring 2022. I really just don't see HoR coming later than Texas unless there was major scope creep or major unforeseen problems.
flight50

#1658 Post by flight50 » 20 Sep 2021 22:17

I have to agree that HoR probably comes first. The biggest reason is manpower. ATS has 4 different map leads spread out. 3 projects. ETS2 that we know of has 2 projects. HoR and the rebuild. ATS is spread a tad thinner though. Texas was started with a smaller team. I'm sure HoR was out the gate running with a larger team in place. When HoR drops, I can't guess that but I like to think Texas is in that Summer 2022 bracket.j

Both can actually affect one another. Not asset or map design wise but programmers are shared, sound is shared and in a crunch, testing it is more than likely shared. With the larger fan base, HoR would have priority to kick out imo.
Bedavd

#1659 Post by Bedavd » 20 Sep 2021 22:18

I’m expecting HoR to release around April 2022. Same as Iberia I’d be very surprised if Texas was ready at that time or even too shortly after. I think we’ll see Texas toward the mid/end of the summer. Knowing now that the state after Texas is indeed in the works now rather than later, I think they’ll shoot for a mid year release so Montana can hopefully come around November/December.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#1660 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 22:26

flight50 wrote: 20 Sep 2021 22:17 ETS2 that we know of has 2 projects. HoR and the rebuild.
Technically it's possible that the 2023 DLC (cough Western Balkans cough) has already started normal production with a small team like Heart of Russia had by October 2020. If not yet then certainly by the end of 2021. But the vast majority is likely still on HoR and will be for the foreseeable future.

Return to “General discussion about the game”