Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1641 Post by flight50 » 19 Sep 2021 23:54

Assign your truck and your avatar to whatever garage you want makes it your HQ.
clifflandmark

#1642 Post by clifflandmark » 20 Sep 2021 01:37

I thought it was very troublesome to create a new profile for each new dlc. the only thing you did was change the hq. I did not know it all this time. lol

edit: thx for info
flight50

#1643 Post by flight50 » 20 Sep 2021 02:43

Ohhh no. Definitely not a new profile. You lose a lot of progress that way. I wish SCS added a lock driver to a truck feature. Currently you have to move the driver and the truck separately. People move around all the time.
Sora

#1644 Post by Sora » 20 Sep 2021 04:42

My base is in Moab right now because it's
-central
-scenic
-close to a repair center
-close to a couple depots

I wasn't really feeling any of the garage options in Wyoming. Hopefully Texas has something more competitive.

Ontario is definitely one of the best HQs in the game for sure. Close to a garage, close to a lot of depots, close to both an Interstate and a US route. I had my garage there for a long time and only changed it because I got tired of Cabbage Hill. This was before Idaho made it even better, though.
festmache

#1645 Post by festmache » 20 Sep 2021 07:47

Do you guys use your HQ much anyway?

My HQ has been in Sacramento since the very beginning, but nowadays I'm rarely near my own HQ. I wouldn't ever really go there anyway.
It's only after map changes that I'm teleported to my HQ and I'm reminded that I even have one :)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
TheAmir259

#1646 Post by TheAmir259 » 20 Sep 2021 09:24

Not sure why we're talking about HQ now, but i'll go with the flow. My HQ has been Salt Lake City, it's quite a nice city, but i very often like to haul lowboys, and i hated that Quarry with a passion especially given how you can easily get stuck on some of the turns if you're not careful. So nowadays I frequently operate out of Denver instead. My first few garages usually have my customized trucks instead, positioned on capitals along I-80 (Carson City counts since its connected to I-80 via the I-580) but Denver has been the only exception so far, being on I-70 instead.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
dkasper00

#1647 Post by dkasper00 » 20 Sep 2021 14:53

I use my hq alot.
I'm passionate about Mack Trucks, grew up around them as a kid.
oldmanclippy

#1648 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 15:08

Before Utah, my garage was in Albuquerque. But since Utah, I've moved my garage to each new state as I get it. So first was Salt Lake City, then Twin Falls, then Denver, and now Jackson. There has been no consistent rhyme or reason for where I put the garage. SLC was because of its road connections, Twin Falls because of the Snake River Canyon, Denver because of its road connections and because of how well it was made, and finally Jackson because I visited there a couple weeks before the DLC released and because of the Tetons.

For Texas, I'm eyeing up a few possibilities:

Houston, because it's the only place in Texas I've ever been to IRL.

Laredo, since it marks the southern terminus of I-35 and since I used to live in Duluth MN (the northern terminus of I-35) when I was very young. And I drive I-35W and I-35E all the time. It will feel more like home even though it is very very far away. Same thing for US-12 where it is now in-game, as US-12 is concurrent with I-394 and I-94 through the Twin Cities. I-90 and US-14 in-game don't give me the same feeling because I very rarely drive on them IRL. Plus Laredo is very close to Mexico which is exciting. Laredo is probably not guaranteed to get a garage though.

El Paso, because we've been waiting many years for it and seeing the sign for I-10 towards El Paso in Las Cruces has been incredibly tantalizing. I'll probably park my car in Las Cruces on the night before Texas releases to enter at El Paso at the very least.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
rbsanford

#1649 Post by rbsanford » 20 Sep 2021 16:30

Speaking of Duluth, that's where I'll move my HQ permanently once we get there. I hope the garage in-game will represent Jeff Foster Trucking's garage, which is in a scenic and convenient area.

Originally I was based in San Diego, but when Utah came out I moved to Salt Lake City, since it's more central. Once we get moving onto the plains, when the DLC after Montana is released, I'll be moving to either Denver or Cheyenne, so I'll be on the edge of the new frontier.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
EthanE40

#1650 Post by EthanE40 » 20 Sep 2021 16:36

oldmanclippy wrote: 20 Sep 2021 15:08 Before Utah, my garage was in Albuquerque. But since Utah, I've moved my garage to each new state as I get it. So first was Salt Lake City, then Twin Falls, then Denver, and now Jackson. There has been no consistent rhyme or reason for where I put the garage. SLC was because of its road connections, Twin Falls because of the Snake River Canyon, Denver because of its road connections and because of how well it was made, and finally Jackson because I visited there a couple weeks before the DLC released and because of the Tetons.

For Texas, I'm eyeing up a few possibilities:

Houston, because it's the only place in Texas I've ever been to IRL.

Laredo, since it marks the southern terminus of I-35 and since I used to live in Duluth MN (the northern terminus of I-35) when I was very young. And I drive I-35W and I-35E all the time. It will feel more like home even though it is very very far away. Same thing for US-12 where it is now in-game, as US-12 is concurrent with I-394 and I-94 through the Twin Cities. I-90 and US-14 in-game don't give me the same feeling because I very rarely drive on them IRL. Plus Laredo is very close to Mexico which is exciting. Laredo is probably not guaranteed to get a garage though.

El Paso, because we've been waiting many years for it and seeing the sign for I-10 towards El Paso in Las Cruces has been incredibly tantalizing. I'll probably park my car in Las Cruces on the night before Texas releases to enter at El Paso at the very least.
When a new DLC is added to your profile, your truck gets moved to your assigned garage.

Return to “General discussion about the game”