Texas Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1351 Post by Shiva » 23 Jun 2021 17:16

I'll enjoy driving in Texas.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1352 Post by flight50 » 23 Jun 2021 20:58

Only bad thing I think most people could complain about in Texas is the price. But if you own ETS2, I doubt those are the people to complain. But if people think they will get Texas for $11.99, they will want to think again. They should go check themselves into the hospital now......due to fever. Now way Texas comes in for that price. Even Montana should not come in at @ $11.99. In fact, this gives me a fun idea.....
korpiklaani728

#1353 Post by korpiklaani728 » 23 Jun 2021 21:43

Thank you for a nice welcome, friend, yes, I have already played Euro truck Simulator, predecessor, since 2008 and both games - ETS2 I have been playing since 2012 and ATS since the beginning, 2016. so I can see the progress of which SCS in both games Thanks also for pointing out my erroneous view of the upcoming DLC ​​Texas. I looked at the map from the point of view of a European and I did not realize the population density different in Europe and the USA. Therefore, I am inclined to your opinion on the number and selection of 25-35 cities. I would like to see big cities on your map in the game. But there is also an interesting selection of small towns in other DLCs, for example in New Mexico-- Clovis and Hobbs, on the way to Lubbock and Tucumcari towards Amarillo, in Colorado -Lamar, way to Kansas and Oklahoma and the like. they are border cities to other states. so in Texas it could be Texarkana, Shamrock, Vernon, etc. I also think that the other DLCs after Wyoming and Texas could be Oklahoma and then Montana or Kansas.
Shiva

#1354 Post by Shiva » 23 Jun 2021 21:44

I still think that Iberia DLC was too cheap.
And I really hope that Texas will not be $11.99€.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1355 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 00:21

@korpiklaani728 oh okay. Cool. So you definitely are not new to SCS. You are just new to the forum. ETS2 is well established but ATS needs a lot more fans to jump on board so yep...welcome aboard. More fan support equals more people SCS can hire cross the board. It benefits both games. It doesn't mean faster content comes but it can mean more content project can be worked on at once.

Texas does have plenty of space to do what Iberia does, but the people density does indeed differ. So the urban development will be different. Things are more spread out in the US out West. As you get closer to the Eastern US where settlers established cities first, things get a tad more compact. So think of Texas as huge and spread out. Whatever cities SCS brings to Texas will represent it nicely. The key for Texas though is to not overload it with cities so that a better sense of distance meets reality to show how open Texas really is. Sure they can pack more into Texas but instead of equaling the marked city count of Iberia, we can get more towns as scenic. Scenic towns take less space because they just don't need to be larger. Junction in ATS are huge. They are the size of a small town. So the fewer the cities and towns, the larger the map feels. Now the one thing that will set Texas apart from Iberia is the massive road network but it must be planned properly. We still have 1:20 scale at play here. There shouldn't be an issue with roads in Texas like some complain about in Black Sea or Iberia though.

Texas has several major interstates to get you thru it but its the secondary roads that can make or break Texas imho. The roads in Texa are just setup totally different than Iberia as most major cities in the US are. We have ring roads that go around cities as well but the major difference is the thru roads thru town center and that is where Texas and other large cities shine. You get up closer to the huge buildings in the town's center. Albuquerque kind of started things off vs the base map cities. It was great when it came out. Then came Portland and blew the doors open. Then Seattle, Salt Lake and Denver. But Texas will be on steroids, lol. The Texas Triangle is not going to be anything nice for the devs. Maybe that is a solid reason to be working on DX12/Vulkan. In the 2020 Xmas stream, SCS did mention that they are trying to increase street activity. If Texas, California...Floriday have huge busy cities, that active will need to reflect a cities size. Sure the same will happen in ETS2 but this is an ATS thread, lol. The 6 Texas cities alone could be worth $17.99. The amount of work the devs will have to put into it will be like the large cities in California the game started with. Add in all the rest of Texas and its a big bargain at $17.99. Most people love driving the massive interchanges in ATS because its busy. You feel like you are trucking some serious roads. Add in this great city building the ATS map team is doing and its a bit of tourist attraction for many.

Considering Texas has 6 of the top 25 largest US cities, the asking price for SCS will want should not be questioned. Texas would be worth the price of the base game itself but I don't think SCS goes that far. Why? The theory of sale more by asking for less. Ex. If Texas was $19.99, you could get 1 million people to still buy it over time. But if you sale Texas for $17.99, now you could get 1.5-2 million people to buy it. Now I don't know the numbers at all but I'm just speaking of....play your cards right. You can't be greedy because over time, more people will buy so patience. Not to mention, ETS2 helps set prices too because the maps are huge there. I don't see SCS charging more for ATS's largest map if $17.99 is the norm for ETS2 huge maps. Now the thinking SCS will want more people to do, is perhaps have more people buy it at full price vs waiting for Steam sales and discounts or what not. As long as people just buy it, that's better than avoiding it. Me, I like to give SCS exactly what they ask for. I don't wait for sales or discounts. Give it to me as soon as the dlc uploads. Assuming Texas releases this time next year or Spring next year, I'll be ready just like a lot of you. Even though I still preferred Montana first, I'll be taking 2 days off from work to have a 4 day weekend if Texas hold up and releases on a Thursday.

So if its big cities you want, Texas will have them. Eventually the California rebuild will do it justice as well. But that's a phased build. Texas, we'll get it all at once. Definitely don't forget about the midsized cities though. They might be smaller but the fun part is, smaller cities are places we can drive thru as SCS puts more depots in smaller cities. Examples are cities like Boise, Colorado Springs and Spokane. Nice midsize cities with connecting roads to drive thru it. Now in Texas, that number goes up significantly compared to other dlc's. Based on page one, I'd like to think at least a dozen mid size cities are driveable. On page one, any of those cyan dots could represent marked midsized cities. Some are no brainers, others are 50/50. We'll have to wait and see though what SCS brings. I can't wait to see more blogs for Texas too. I'd love to see what all they are planning and the blogs is all we can get until its time for gameplay videos.
korpiklaani728

#1356 Post by korpiklaani728 » 24 Jun 2021 06:03

Ooo, my friend, I can't find the words, such a beautifully described reality that no European will understand until they see it with their own eyes or at least through ATS. Yes, as you describe the big cities of Portland, Albuquerque, Denver or even the Seattle area and the area already has a dense road network. I agree with your opinion on the prices of the new DLC. I also buy new maps as soon as they are released. Then I also drive a hundred miles on new roads, first I would like to go from Tucumcari to Amarillo and then south or from Las Cruces to El Paso ... and beyond. I'm also looking forward to the next new blog - posts about Texas, but also about Wyoming. I like scenic and smaller cities and driving through them, but Dallas will be a challenge ...
flight50

#1357 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 08:21

There are sooo many routes to go from New Mexico into Texas. I’m sure mine will be thru Raton if we don’t get the part connecting Lamar to Amarillo. I’ll be coming from Cheyenne I’m sure. Each new dlc, it’s tradition for me to set up HQ in the capital city. So I’ll have a long drive. If Montana follows Texas, mannnnn will I have an even longer ride to Billings,Mt Helena, Mt from Austin, Tx. (thanks Tommy for correction)

I too like driving thru the small cities and passing by the larger ones. The buildings are so huge that a drive by gives you the same justice as if you where closer, at least for me. Distance silhouette views are just as cool. The skylines in ATS are powerful enough to keep travelers coming back for more. The detail level the devs now do is far greater than 2016 so much appreciated to the commitment to the asset team.
Last edited by flight50 on 24 Jun 2021 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Trucker_Tommy

#1358 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 24 Jun 2021 10:32

@flight if you set up in the capitals don't you mean Helena, Montana for base set up?
flight50

#1359 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 13:29

@Trucker_Tommy Lmao. Yep, you are absolutely correct. I don't have a clue why I was thinking Billings was the capital. Billings is the largest city and the largest city isn't always the capital. Yes, I'd be going to Helena. Heck, that's an even longer drive, lol. Fastest route is this but it depends on what SCS gives us. I could also go thru DFW. But going thru the Texas panhandle is perhaps much easier than going West thru El Paso unless I just wanted to run the entirely of I-25.

Thanks for the correction though. I edited my above post.
Last edited by flight50 on 24 Jun 2021 13:42, edited 2 times in total.
Kirmes-Truck

#1360 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 24 Jun 2021 13:41

I want to ask if the topic "Sea Ports" were dicussed as they are very important for Texas.

Return to “General discussion about the game”