Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#1071 Post by flight50 » 22 Apr 2021 17:57

shadynsx wrote: 22 Apr 2021 16:09 Is there any train yard we could get in this dlc?
Pretty much every major city has a train yard. As large as Texas is, I don't see less than half a dozen train yards coming. I'm quite sure there will be more than just 6 though. On page 1, I gave a pretty good estimate on marked cities that are possible. We are looking at anywhere from 28-35 imo. There is no reason for Texas for have 49 cities like Iberia. We'd loose sense of scale for a state that is very open outside of the Texas Triangle. Not to mention, one trick SCS has been doing is providing a depot in or close to a scenic town and tie it to the closest marked city. This trend is working very well for ATS. Cities don't have to be marked to get a depot. But yeah, trains are a necessary part of trucking that ties into ports on the perimeter of the country as well region train yards across the continent.

@LATrucker We'll definitely get another Texas blog before Wyoming releases. If not, that would be a huge gap from into to 2nd blog. It has happened before but I'm hoping better for Texas. Wyoming is still 2-3 months out. It will be hard for me to believe something doesn't come for Texas. ATS's largest dlc will have to carry the load along with California once Wyoming releases. I'd say keep fans engage with Texas progress if its the next huge dlc SCS ever puts out. You can't keep fans engaged unless you blog about it. Sure they can blog about Wyoming all they want but the release of it is still a ways out. We don't even have 1.41 open beta yet. If that was out, I'd say different story.
fra_ba

#1072 Post by fra_ba » 22 Apr 2021 19:18

So far ATS side policy was to define remote depot locations as the nearest marked city and not as a small dot town. If this continues, probably your estimate is close.
In terms of train yards, there are some really big ones in Texas in cities like Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso and Laredo I think. Oh and there is chance to have another train depot company maybe. IIRC Norfolk Southern has an intermodal depot in Dallas.
shadynsx

#1073 Post by shadynsx » 22 Apr 2021 20:02

Searching about Texas, I got very interested in Houston.

It has a space center, a big port, a big airport, a rail yard, the widest highway, a beautiful skyline and the biggest US refinery is close to It. Houston also have the biggest skyscraper in Texas, everything is big in Texas :lol:
Vinnie Terranova

#1074 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Apr 2021 20:38

KLAX (Los Angeles): second busiest airport in the US
KLAS (Las Vegas): busiest airport in the United States that does not operate as a hub for any of the three U.S legacy carriers
KIAH (Houston): eighth busiest commercial airport nn the US

But we don't have KLAX and KLAS as delivery locations in the game. So why should we have KIAH? Well, we do have KDEN (Denver): largest airport in the US by land area.

But in the end: you can't really tell whether KIAH will be in the game or not.
Brendan0620

#1075 Post by Brendan0620 » 22 Apr 2021 20:54

It would be nice to have another Airport to deliver goods to and from in the game, I liked driving to and from Denver International Airport. I think KLAX could come with the SoCal (Southern California) rebuild, But only time will tell. I like the idea of KIAH but I think KDFW in Dallas would be easier to get into.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Xaagon

#1076 Post by Xaagon » 22 Apr 2021 20:55

Texas is the first coastal state to join ATS since Washington. I wonder how many seaports we get.
Sora

#1077 Post by Sora » 22 Apr 2021 21:00

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Apr 2021 20:38 But we don't have KLAX and KLAS as delivery locations in the game. So why should we have KIAH?
To be fair, they didn't bother with airports at all until Phoenix.

It's been pretty arbitrary since then - we got PHX, ABQ, and PDX, but then we didn't get another for several states only for DEN to come with Colorado. I really have no idea whether or not they'll do DFW or IAH at this point.
Vinnie Terranova

#1078 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Apr 2021 21:00

Brendan0620 wrote: 22 Apr 2021 20:54I think KLAX could come with the SoCal (Southern California) rebuild
I don't think so. As far as I understand the rebuild is mainly about the interstates (and maybe also about US roads), but not the cities. That would mean that we will not have KLAX...
joschac2

#1079 Post by joschac2 » 22 Apr 2021 21:05

They are going to do to city's once their team gets bigger
flight50

#1080 Post by flight50 » 22 Apr 2021 22:45

@fra_ba Well Texas is mainly BNSF and Union Pacific with Kansas now merging with Canada to link up Canada, USA and Mexico with a single line. The purple is that route that runs thru East Texas. Imho, both Dallas and Ft. Worth don't need a rail yard in ATS. I'd rather see another depot take the place of the rail yard. That adds more diversity and something new. Something like Bell Helicopter or Lockheed. Lockheed is perhaps out though because its military primarily and SCS stays away from that.

[ external image ]

With so many cities being spread out across Texas, I think we'll get enough train yards. Especially with getting some ports along the Texas coast. Add in the fact that Wyoming is bringing the rail industry so whatever that industry brings plus the cargo and options from the current rails and we'll be good. I really wish we could see more rail variety and larger cargo on rails and autoracks. We can pick this stuff up and take it to rail depots too. Not just from the factory. I'd love to see wind turbine cargo on rail cars and transport both blades and longer towers. The current tower cargo was disappointing to see. These are much longer than the 28' well of a lowboy. We should have something like this in the game:

Perhaps not as long but at least span the length of a dolly + lowboy without the booster/spreader. That would suffice.
[ external image ]

Then of course add blades as cargo and where is the rotor at? Why didn't we get that cargo?
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Texas has a MASSIVE road network. Freeways and lanes everywhere. Can we get this cargo? There should be road construction like everywhere. Surely some god depots for construction can come.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Or even this? Texas has tons of mobile home retailers along the Interstates. The one we have is really not much of a challenge and not an American size mobile home. We need a single long mobile home and a double wide. If we can get Olthon Homes, we can get manufactured homes. They are quite popular here. I'd love to deliver to a mobile home park. They go well in sparse parts of the map like Wyoming, Idaho, Utah....remote locations/small towns. Give another divers load that does not require a license.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Xaagon wrote: 22 Apr 2021 20:55 Texas is the first coastal state to join ATS since Washington. I wonder how many seaports we get.
I'm hoping for at least 3. Beaumont/Port Arthur, Houston/Galveston and Corpus Christi.
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Apr 2021 21:00
Brendan0620 wrote: 22 Apr 2021 20:54I think KLAX could come with the SoCal (Southern California) rebuild
I don't think so. As far as I understand the rebuild is mainly about the interstates (and maybe also about US roads), but not the cities. That would mean that we will not have KLAX...
They never said they were just focusing on Interstates only. They said they are avoiding cities for now. As in not the right manpower. They are stretched thin for mapping power with Texas in the works and Wyoming. Jakub even stated more will join when he reveal the rebuild on the xmas stream. You'll have to watch the stream. More as in new hires or once other map dlc's end is when more California will come. Its takes an experienced city builder to do California. So that is more than likely why cities are being avoided. I am sure SCS has received enough complaints on California cities and roads so it all need updating. They lack the manpower for a full 4th map team for the rebuild so they have to do what they can. California will more than likely get at least an 80% rebuild if not 100%. LAX and the ports would be big mistakes to not do with ATS being were it is now. I don't see them skipping either.

Return to “General discussion about the game”