Texas Discussion Thread

averyc2506

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#21 Post by averyc2506 » 18 Jun 2020 21:30

im super excited for el paso for some reason. especially if highway 375 (woodrow bean transmountain drive) gets implemented through smugglers pass. :o also that part of 375 right up against the border canal or river, looks really cool. another thing is the whole I-110 tangled mess of highway near the border
official hype train for california rebuild :)

flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 18 Jun 2020 21:52

TX-375 might be pushing it. Mainly because of this mix master. I-10 and I-110 junction is very close to one another at that border. If Mexico is to ever come, we need that customs border crossing. In real life, US truckers don't go into Mexico. They drop it off at what's called transfer stations and the drivers from Mexico will shuttle trailer back and forth. But in ATS world, it might not get that complicated as we might be able to just go right thru the borders crossings. But if El Paso is done reasonably, it leaves enough space to pretty much make Ciudad Juarez look like its part of El Paso. I would love to see SCS make a bold move and do some of the bordering Mexico cities in ATS but that is wishful thinking. Had it happened in Washington with Vancouver, I'd say its always on the menu. But I doubt SCS mixes in different countries in one dlc no matter how close bordering cites are.

Larry71490

#23 Post by Larry71490 » 18 Jun 2020 21:58

A must have will be Galveston. Only thing there is the port. Pulled out of Del Monte a lot. A lot of Caterpillar parts come from there too such as tracks, etc.

Far as cross border goes they are known as freight forwarders. They run cross dock warehouses that product goes from American trucks to Mexican trucks and vice versa.

FirestormMk3

#24 Post by FirestormMk3 » 18 Jun 2020 22:58

55sixxx wrote:
18 Jun 2020 13:08
I'm really looking forward to texas.. but it will take a long time until i see my favorite US state and city on ATS, which is Atlanta/GA.
Felt the need to instantly chime in since that's what I'm most excited for. It's why I point out it'll probably be 2030 before what I wanted on day one :) I can promise you if I'm alive and well, still playing the game from time to time, and that city does come out I'll be moving my corporate HQ right away!

flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2020 00:20

I agree Larry. I don't know what SCS is planning but actually all along the Gulf of Mexico, I am hoping there are multiple ports. Not just Galveston. Houston area is the trickiest. There is Galveston, Texas City and Baytown. I am cool if all gets absorbed by Houston. At least Baytown can. But Texas City can go under Galveston if its mapped. Then there is Beaumont, Corpus Christi and even Brownville. SCS can get a lot of usage out of the Texas coast line. One thing I'd love to see out in the Gulf when delivering or picking up are off shore rigs. Those things are massive and impressive. 2-4 models could work in ATS to have some diversity. Those 2-3 could get used from the Texas cost line all the way up the Eastern coast where they actually exist in real life. The ocean is literally littered with them in the Gulf for sure. There are shallow and deep water oil rigs. The far ones would look super cool because they could be a blur out in the Gulf to give a sense of depth.

The amount of cargo that can come into these ports should be super high. SCS could even do certain cargoes to specif ports to spread things around. Things don't have to be exact at 1:20 scale. Between ports and rail depots, SCS has to fit all that sort of stuff in the game in Texas. Add int all the other big industries in Texas and there could be plenty come. The dlc's in ETS2 are about he size of Texas. If each one of those dlcs can bring 20+ new companies each time they realize, I really don't see a reason why Texas can't match those totals. The price of Texas should be much higher than what we are paying now for ATS dlcs. This price will need to prove why it higher.

Sora

#26 Post by Sora » 19 Jun 2020 01:37

I'm optimistic about Galveston. It'd be a bit awkward to get it in there without pushing it all the way into the gulf, considering how close it is to Houston, but I feel like the novelty of an island city is too good to pass up. It has more than enough industries and landmarks to make it interesting despite its fairly small population. It would also give them an excuse to continue I-45 to its actual endpoint.

One area I'm really hoping SCS gives attention to is east Texas, though. And I don't mean SA/DFW/Houston when I say that, I mean east of I-45 -- there's a lot of forest in this area that will provide a good taste of what's to come from the east. This would mostly be US 59, US 69, Tyler, Lufkin, and maybe Longview.

Another is the Hill Country. This will be a pretty easy area to miss, but it's such an important part of that area's regional identity. Fredericksburg might not cut it as a marked city, but it needs to be a scenery city, whether that means adding US 290, US 87, or both.

Finally, one really cool "fun road" option that comes to mind is Palo Duro Canyon. You can experience some of it from SH 207... it's not an especially practical route because it's essentially parallel to I-27, but it might let you get some fun screenshots for the marketing team.

I've got more to say but I'm out of time so maybe another day.

Brendan0620

#27 Post by Brendan0620 » 19 Jun 2020 01:45

I'm honestly hyped about the Texas DLC! considering I have relatives living in the State of Texas, in Waco. I plan on moving my Truck HQ to Houston and keep it there until the Florida DLC arrives to where I can officially put my final HQ location in Tampa.

ASUSTechSupport

#28 Post by ASUSTechSupport » 19 Jun 2020 02:06

I’m interested to see what SCS do with the I-35 corridor. I would hope they approach it like I-5 in Washington, although they will have more space to fit in cities.
Last edited by ASUSTechSupport on 19 Jun 2020 06:46, edited 3 times in total.

averyc2506

#29 Post by averyc2506 » 19 Jun 2020 02:17

im confident that galveston will make it in, because you know, its galveston. another reason is because although its in the houston area, if they left out the league city and texas city area and made it look like it was the outskirts of town, like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4253155 ... 384!8i8192

irl its around 30 miles from the outer beltway so they for sure can pull off galveston. but looking at the map in texas city, thats a LOT of industry :shock: like, an overwhelming surplus of it. and league city is where the nasa space center is.

houston, we got a problem. :(
official hype train for california rebuild :)

flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2020 04:06

Lmao. Houston we have a problem is right. The water channels around the deltas in the Houston area should be loaded with all the big dogs in the Oil industry. Several oil/gas contractors should be prefabs to haul cargo to and from oil sites and the ports to the off shore rigs.

Houston is also big in Health care. That industry can have a small role in ATS as well. Push come to shove, Galveston gets pushed out into the Gulf to allow Houston more space. But I agree with Sora to end I-45 properly. Galveston should be marked.

Return to “General discussion about the game”