Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

southerntrucker711

Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

#1 Post by southerntrucker711 » 28 Jun 2020 21:07

(@Admin Please let me know if I have done anything wrong, and I will get it fixed ASAP. Thank you!)

Hello everyone! I am coming here today to show you some products I have to offer for American Truck Sim, as well as Euro Truck Sim.

Here is a little information about me and my product's history.

It all started mid of 2019. I got into American Truck Simulator pretty heavily and built an entire cockpit just for ATS. (You can find pictures and videos of it on my Facebook page and YouTube channel) I had almost everything as realistic as possible except for a shifter. At the time I was unaware of any that was on the market, so I decided to try and build my own.

After a few days of wanting to pull out all of my hair, I was finally successful! It wan’t the best, but it seemed to work fairly well. It was something I have never seen anyone else do before. All solid chrome! I used it for about four months, and thought to myself, “I wonder if others would be interested in something like this?” So I decided to post around on Facebook what I have made and asked if others would be interested in my work. The response I got was unbelievable!

With all the positive feedback, I slowly started ordering parts to make just basic shifters. As time went by, customers started asking if I could add custom options. I took that as opportunity and started adding more and more options as time went by. In the beginning, I was using momentary buttons and big bulky USB encoder boards. Within my first 20 sales, I had a customer come along that changed my life, and my business forever….

This customer, (now one of my very best friends) helped me in so many ways. He started out by helping me find the parts and changing my old crappy mounting system, into what it is now, which looks a million times better and much more professional. A few months went by and he brought up something else that I would have never though about doing. And that is going from the momentary push buttons to hall effect sensors. This was one of my major advancements. At fist I had no clue how they even worked. I started digging around and turns out that in order for hall effect sensors to work with ATS and ETS 2 is set up, they have to be programmed. This kind of made me sad as I had no clue where to even start on how to program circuit boards…

A month or so went by and I still could not figure it out. Out of nowhere I had an overseas customer that offered to help me with the programming as this is something he does for a living. After about a week or so going back and forth, we were finally able to figure it all out! It was one of the most exciting moments of my “shifter career.” To this day, I still can not thank these two guys enough. Just goes to show you that their are still some amazing people in this world!

With all the advancements I have made over the last year, I have finally started making a product that I am 110% happy with. I want to give a big shout out to all of the ATS community as well. If it were not for you, and being interested in what I have to offer, I have no clue where I would be. Doing this has helped me out so much in personal like its unreal. Thank you again to everyone for all the support! Non of it ever goes unnoticed. That is a promise!

Like I stated above, when I first started out making these I was using cheap off brands like World America, ProGear and Doorman. Thy were okish, but I wanted better. Earlier this year I was finally able to start using Real Eaton Fuller shifters! It made a HUGE difference in the way they feel. They are a little on the expensive side for me to use, but they just feel soooo much better to me. I try to use the highest quality parts I can find. Everything on my shifters that I use, (except for the easy jake push button and LED) you can pretty much use and find in a real truck here in the US. The goal was to make them look, and feel as realistic as I could, and I believe I have finally accomplished that. :) Also, with the mounting hardware that comes with the shifter, the same mount is universal for mostly all shifter bases. The customization options are pretty much endless. If you want something I don't have, I can do my best to get it for you!

I also offer what I call a CB Radio Mic Box mainly for those who play on Truckers MP. Right now I'm just using a basic little box to put all the components in. Hopefully I can get and learn how to use a 3D printer some day so I can make something that looks more like a CB radio. But for right now, I'm using a box that I attach and wire up a CB mic to. It also has an LED on the front (you can choose what color you would like) that lights up when you transmit. I also include all the mounting hardware and a mic hook. It will also come with plugs that you can use to hook buttons up to, if you'd like to add some buttons to your sim set up. So its kind of like a button box and Cb Mic in one. However, this will be subject to change as I will be going to Arduino boards once I use all the generic USB encoders.

Now, I get the question, "can I just use a normal CB mic on your box?" The answer is no, and I will explain why. Firstly, the wiring on my box is not compatible with a normal CB mic. Secondly due to the Ohms and Impedance of a normal CB mic, they sound like absolute garbage on a PC. I have done a lot of research on this and have taken a lot of time to get my mics to have that kinda tube type "warm" sound if you will, along with as well as sounding loud and crystal clear with little to no interference. So what I do, is complexly gut the CB mic and add all my own components. Just like the shifters, they are built entirely by hand, and are completely customizeable. Most people use these Mic Boxes on MP to give them a more realistic feel when going down the road. Since they act just like a regular mic, you can also use them in Discord, OBS, Skype, etc. Pretty much any app or program you use a headset on, you can use my mic box on.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my work. I also have a TON of videos and pictures on my YouTube channel and on my Facebook Page. Both links are in my signature. The customization possibilities are pretty much endless. :) If you are interested in my products, I have launched a web site with everything I offer as well as the prices. The link to my site is also in my signature below. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM either on here, or on my Facebook Page. I'm usually on Facebook more, but I'm going to try my best to get on here more often than I have.

Thank you all so much!
STG

SCI Blue Flame/Chrome
SCI Blue Flame/Chrome
SCI Red Skull/Chrome
SCI Red Skull/Chrome
Basic Eaton
Basic Eaton
Real EasyJake Base
Real EasyJake Base
Last edited by southerntrucker711 on 12 Jul 2020 18:17, edited 3 times in total.
flight50

Re: ATS Shifters And CB Mic Accessories

#2 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2020 22:20

Nice.....you got her all setup. Sweet man. Thank for providing another option for the community. Now we can channel all our attention here now that you have your own page. All the conversations we had in the Mega Shifter thread can now be channeled here instead. I have heard nothing but great things and in due time, I will be an advocate for a STG shifter . I will be upgrading my Mega Shifter here shortly to support STG an to convert over to a real Eaton Shiter.

@Slider_556 I am sure you can vouch for STG for sure.

@supersobes how's this thread looking for legit purposes?
southerntrucker711

#3 Post by southerntrucker711 » 01 Jul 2020 17:14

@flight50 You are very welcome sir! Thank you so much for all your help, and also wanting to support my small company I'm trying to build!

Also, I forgot to mention that I can do BOTH LHD And RHD Shifters. Mostly for the guys down under, but I know other countries use them as well. :)

Please Note: Not all accessories can be used with the LHD shifters. I have what can be used with each shifter under the tabs on my site. :)
messenger-quick-cam-1584391702634.jpg
messenger-quick-cam-1584391711662.jpg
messenger-quick-cam-1584391720693.jpg
messenger-quick-cam-1585355727289.jpg
joschac2

#4 Post by joschac2 » 02 Jul 2020 17:08

I,m planning to get a new shifter and thus boy [ external image ]
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 02 Jul 2020 18:41

The A.S.P. is awesome. I don't regret getting one at all. Money well spent for me. I am not interested in making my own. Now once I upgrade my Mega Shifter to one of Southerntrucker's shifters, the stage will be set for me.
southerntrucker711

#6 Post by southerntrucker711 » 03 Jul 2020 13:29

I was going to buy an ASP box when I first started playing ATS. I decided I wanted a whole cockpit instead. Trying to post a picture from my phone but it keeps saying Http error. 🙄
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 03 Jul 2020 16:51

The cockpit from your FB? This bad boy :D

[ external image ]
southerntrucker711

Re: Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

#9 Post by southerntrucker711 » 11 Jul 2020 21:58

New Mic Boxes with the new logo. :) What do yall think?
IMG_20200710_2032511.jpg
flight50

Re: Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

#10 Post by flight50 » 12 Jul 2020 02:07

I love the new logo. Leave the shift to us is clever.

Return to “General discussion about the game”