Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

johnboyintexas

Re: Southern Trucker Gaming Shifters

#21 Post by johnboyintexas » 20 Nov 2020 00:28

hello everybody, ive been lurking on this forum for several years and i dont ever post lol.
but i am very good friends with johnny and use both his products, i have teamed up with johnny to do 4 raffles, 2 basic shifters, and 2 cb mic kits. we already have one shifter raffle half full, if anyone is interested just join the raffle discord for pics and info. https://discord.gg/wYZjf8cf5N

and if anyone has a basic shifter on order and u win, i will send you the shifter and johnny said he will refund your order!. also if u have a custom shifter ordered and u wanna enter and win, i will refund the difference in price of and basic shifter!
flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 20 Nov 2020 08:26

I have a custom on order that I'm expecting any day now. I'll let other join in. Tell Johnny Flight said hello though.
johnboyintexas

#23 Post by johnboyintexas » 20 Nov 2020 08:56

We just got done playing farmsim tonite, i will tell him! He has mentioned flights name a couple times in my gaming discord! If i can figure out how ill post pics of my custom shifter.
I am the guy supplying him the ball tops for his custom shifters-fyi
johnboyintexas

#24 Post by johnboyintexas » 20 Nov 2020 10:53

i cant figure out how to post a pic lol , this is the link to the pics on my instagram , i run 2 different tops

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVG42ap9Tf/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFzZnZfJhqS/
flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 20 Nov 2020 14:28

Oh snap. That second one is definitely unique. Thanks for sharing. That first one is pretty clean sitting on top of chrome. Eventually my order will come in and I too can enjoy a STG. I placed my order early September so if I am lucky, I might get mine as a xmas gift, lol. My Mega Shifter works good still but I'm sure the STG will have a more authentic feel and that is why I upgraded.

I'm happy to see you are affiliated with him though. He has the most options for a shifter that I have seen to date and I have dealt with the other two big names that flopped. People love options.
flight50

#26 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2020 21:12

Well I finally got my STG shifter in and she's quite nice. I upgraded from a Mega Shifter to this STG to get an authentic Eaton Fuller shifter. Nice quality upgrade I must say. The switches feel a bit more realistic than the cheaper parts of the Mega Shifter. I have dealt with all three shifter makers talked about on this forum and I feel as though I have enough experience to speak on each.

July 6, 2017 – Ordered CSIO SKRS. Oct, I started sending out emails for a status on my order. Zero response in the two emails I sent. I never received product. I started to do some research to find out that CSIO turned into a crook. He still collected money and never shipped product. Luckily in contacting my credit card company, I was able to get my money back. Others have not been so lucky. Iirc, I got my money back in November 2017.

August 4, 2017. I ordered a Tech Affliction Mega Shifter. Sensing that I may never get a CSIO after researching issues with CSIO, I took my chances with TA. I was also just trying to support (2) hobbyist. TA was a very nice guy and answered all my questions before and after my purchase. TA fell thru due to a motor cycle accident. I think it was early 2018 or 2019, I can't remember. He too never shut down his website and collected income but didn't ship. Just recently though, I believe a few people started getting orders after a year of ordering.

Anywho, my shifter arrived in like 2 month iirc back in 2017 the year I ordered it. In the beginning communication was great. I honestly had an issue the first week as a connection came loose in shipping and I had to ship it back to get fixed. At the time, TA did not have the jake adapter. TA also had upgraded the way he puts shifters together. I was upgraded for free but paid extra for the jake accessory. I haven't had any issues with the Mega Shifter ever since. Still works fine despite the upgrade.

Mega Shifter mounted with 3d printed adapter.
[ external image ]

September 3, 2020. I ordered my STG. It arrived Dec 7th. Very nice and clean. Loving the chrome body which is another reason I upgraded. Exactly what I wanted in regards to options. This is the best thing about STG. He offers a lot more as far as option options compared to anyone I have seen. Can't complain at all. One thing I have noticed is how delicate these shifters can be. When I ordered the Mega shifter, I had to send it back to get fixed. Unfortunately, same thing happened with my STG. The shippers mishandles these products unforunately. Delicate components that are in these shifters can jar loose with such small wiring and connection involved.

I finally got around to installing my STG shifter Dec. 11th because I was busy all week with work and couldn't connect it until then. When I did is when I noticed there was an issue and I contacted STG. He responded very quickly and worked with me to solve the issue. Just like TA did when I had an issue there too. Luckily for me, STG is somewhat local. So I made the one hour drive to STG to eliminate the shipper issues.

Xmas package galore and these shipping handlers mistreat packages a lot. My significant other works at a local shipper and she tells me all kinds of crap of how she sees her co-workers treat packages. Its kinda sad because we pay for products and some people just don't care how they treat them. Anywho. I sat and chatted with STG as he fixed my unit. It was cool seeing him at work and check out his facility. Very cool guy and he cares about the product he makes as it is a reflection on him. I left a very satisfied customer, returned home, reconnected my shifter and I was back to trucking in my new Cascadia, lol. Another person I meet from this community. For anyone out there that has met anyone on the forum, its cool to share something in common.

STG mounted. Much more professional look. Looks better than the plastic 3d printed adapter.
[ external image ]

Butttt before I left, STG showed off his custom rig. What do you guys think about this. This is a serious setup and most of us would love to have this bad boy. Kudos to STG for his love of trucking and for SCS games.
[ external image ]

Anywho, that is my experience. I've dealt with all three makers of shifters that have been mentioned on this site. STG by far is the most legit one. He has now gone full time making components for ATS/ETS2 for the majority of this year. Prior to that, he was making components part-time with the same reputation and quality level. If you guys are in doubt, I hope my experience is a little reassurance. I don't just toss money around just for the heck of it. You get what you pay for and you get great customer service with a limited warranty from STG. All the paper work for your warranty is shipped with the shifter. As long as you don't abuse your shifter, you should never need your warranty. Shipper handling is something totally different but contact STG if you receive a product with issues. I'm sure he'd gain your trust just as he gained mine. Something the others fell thru with in less than a year of t them being a service. STG has surpassed that year mark some time ago. I'm planning on perhaps buying a few more shifters in the future just to swap out from time to time.

These shifters are not cheap from anyone but if you are very much into immersion as I am, you will find them as a great addition. Most of you who know me, now how passionate I am about ATS. I can't emphasis how much a real truck shifter has made a difference for me. My G27 shifter just didn't provide the immersion I was looking for. So I upgraded from my G27 to the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT along with a TH8A shifter. That is when I purchased the Mega Shifter. Well worth the upgrade from the G27. There is no way I am going back to anything less than a more realistic truck shifter. These shifter work for both games. Doesn't matter on the shift pattern. As long as you have enough gates for H-shifting or whatever, you can play with anything game shifter component and then add something like this STG shifter.

Pics of my shifter at STG facilities before shipped. I went with a chrome jake body, non lite black jake button, chrome range lever, chrome splitter, stock Eaton top with 18sp medallion.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SirVirgoTheMess

#27 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 13 Dec 2020 21:27

Nice shifter @flight50 :)
But that setup from STG is just unbeliveable,but in a great way :o
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2020 21:38

Thanks. Yes its very clean looking. It has a better feel than my old shifter. The Eaton is better quality as it has a more realistic toggle feel. My old shifter just lacked options to customize it like I wanted. But yes, his rig was awesome to see in person. Seeing pics he post on facebook is one thing but in person is like woah. I had to get my own personal pics on my own cel phone, lol.
southerntrucker711

#29 Post by southerntrucker711 » 18 Dec 2020 22:11

I don't get on here much anymore like I wish I could sadly... I know your post is pretty lengthy, and I feel bad as all I know to say is thank you @flight50 ... Considering the circumstances, I wish we could have met on better terms than a defective item, BUT I have to say it was a very nice time over all! It's not everyday (especially in the business I'm in) that you get to actually meet and talk with your customers. It was very humbling as for the most part I'm always here alone. Especially this year with all the crazy stuff going on in this world. I know you said it wasn't that big of a deal, but to me it was as I put so much time and pride into building these shifters.

None the less, I'm glad we were able to get the situation resolved. I always double check everything before sending it out just to be safe. But as you stated, shipping around the holidays can be quite the hassle, as shippers try and rush and throw things around to get things delivered. I used to work in a food warehouse as a forklift driver and have seen things like this happen on the daily, as we had to stack different items together sometimes as well. But that was also from employees that didn't care too.

Over all I considered it be a very pleasant experience, despite the shifter issue. Since day one, I have strived to get my name out in the community in a positive way to try and show everyone that not all companies making products like this will do them wrong... I have always pushed myself to do better, and upgrade/change things on my products that could end up making them even better. And I have many people to thank for that. As without them, I would not be where I am at today. Or not even be doing this at all for that matter.

This is why I always thank my customers for their business. Without my customers, fans, and most certainly SCS, I would still be working at my miserable day job. Not many people can say that they turned a hobby into a career. I am very thankful I was able to do thanks to SCS and this community, and plan on being around for many many years to come. I never have. nor will I ever be, only about the money. I just consider it as an added bonus for making the Trucking Simulation more fun and realistic for others to enjoy, as building these products is something that I myself enjoy doing.

I feel like I have accomplished many many goals in the past 18 months of doing this, and I only have one more major goal to accomplish. I shall not speak of it, but it will come in due time I hope. ;)
southerntrucker711

#30 Post by southerntrucker711 » 18 Dec 2020 23:15

Virgo91 wrote: 13 Dec 2020 21:27 Nice shifter @flight50 :)
But that setup from STG is just unbeliveable,but in a great way :o
Thank you! 4 years of blood, sweat, and whole dictionary of new curse words! lol

Return to “General discussion about the game”