Random engine restarts while moving

Prushn

Random engine restarts while moving

#1 Post by Prushn » 01 Jul 2020 14:47

Morning guys,
I'm sure others are running into this problem as well and SCS is aware I'm sure. Clearly all my trucks seem to need a new fuel pump or fuel filter as the engines randomly turn off and restart while driving. And as far as I can tell those parts aren't available in the repair shop :) Not a critical issue and doesn't affect the game play. Just makes one curious and wonder if this is an FMOD issue?

Thanks for the game and a great addiction in my life
Prushn
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Random engine restarts while moving

#2 Post by supersobes » 01 Jul 2020 20:50

If you go to the service shop, what percentage of damage does your engine, transmission, and cabin have? If the percentage is too high, the truck will have electrical and mechanical faults that cause random breakdowns while driving. Perhaps you may need to service your truck.
Buford.T.Justice

#3 Post by Buford.T.Justice » 02 Jul 2020 11:01

Hello...he is joking with this Bug....with the repair Parts...but it really exists...TRUCK FUllY REPAIRED....engine stop sound often (every Minute) orlater every 10 Seconds....not Groovy.... the most with Volvo FH16 after the Tuning Packfor Volvo or after FMod....i dont know...but i think its a Problem of ETSMP...i never had this Prob in Singleplayer until yet....At the Moment i only drive older Trucks in MP...so i have no Issue :)
xyzan

#4 Post by xyzan » 02 Jul 2020 12:05

This was my thought exactly. It sounds like tmp issue. Especially that if truck is damaged in single player game then it doesn't start by itself. It require your action.
jdkelley93

#5 Post by jdkelley93 » 02 Jul 2020 12:42

This is a TruckersMP problem. They are still working out bugs with FMOD. People have been complaining about it in this thread.
Software dev by day, virtual trucker by night
Prushn

#6 Post by Prushn » 03 Jul 2020 02:03

It's weird too. Seems to happen more when other trucks are around, like passing. Almost like FMOD experiences a sound conflict and resorts to the engine restart to resolve it.
FairladyZ

#7 Post by FairladyZ » 03 Jul 2020 18:36

Fairly sure it's a T:MP issue. Seems like they cannot handle multiple sounds at once for some reason.
TwistedLemon90

#8 Post by TwistedLemon90 » 03 Jul 2020 18:41

It is a T:MP issue, locally on single player trucks that get around 40% in damage or so start having mechanical faults that require you to attempt to restart it during a drive or even sitting at a red light, sometimes it doesn't start at all. If you notice that at around 55% or more you get a "Whining" sound from the engine itself, it sounds almost like a belt or something is coming off. So its most likely an FMOD issue when it comes to compatibility with multiple players in a way it sounds like it to me. Maybe its not ported right.

Return to “General discussion about the game”