Nikola Trucks Discussion Thread

FirestormMk3

Re: Nikola Trucks Discussion Thread

#21 Post by FirestormMk3 » 17 Jul 2020 08:46

I actually mentioned these trucks in both an ATS Steam discussion and an ETS2 forum thread within the last few weeks! I guess I'm not the only one who thinks they might be a cool addition somewhere down the line, and I think they really should be heavily considered if at any point these hit the road in any relevant numbers. The nice thing about the Nikola license too is that they already have a European cabover and two American trucks on the slate which would mean it would easily allow SCS to negotiate for additions to both of their games at the same time! I can see objections to their inclusion while they're still a truck that may or may not see production and distribution on the roads, but in the case that they start appearing I really don't understand the huge hostility towards them, including wanting to make sure they can't appear in the game. As it is now if you don't like Internationals or Ivecos (depending on the game) you can just not buy any in your fleet. No one is gonna force you to play them and take all the other truck models out of the game if they're implemented.

To be short and to the point, I am clearly in favor of their addition in the same way as other trucks (as free updates) if at some point in the future they really do enter mass production, especially if one of the big carriers adopts some, and I think a cool cutting edge technology should be a priority if that day comes, but until then we don't even have a Freightliner yet and that's a bigger priority to me right now.
Andrei_03

Re: Nikola Trucks Discussion

#22 Post by Andrei_03 » 17 Jul 2020 09:02

pigbrother wrote: 11 Jul 2020 11:49 I would like to say what I think about them, but it would be against forum rules and also borderline slander.
My thoughts exactly, the Tesla semi is horrendously ugly and this one ain't any better either. I can't express my sincere opinion about it without breaking the rules.

I can only hope such atrocities won't become the norm in the years to come. Hopefully hydrogen technology will advance and we will be able to convert the existing diesel trucks into using hydrogen. Lots of obstacles on the way but we'll see what the future brings.
Freeze338

#23 Post by Freeze338 » 17 Jul 2020 10:53

Just no...
ArikTheBuilder

#24 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 17 Jul 2020 14:53

^^
ERN developer.
Grizzly

#25 Post by Grizzly » 17 Jul 2020 15:32

Don't mind them being added to the game and would take one for a spin but I think they'd be a bit boring to drive. I like a noisy old 18 gear truck myself.
abasstreppas

#26 Post by abasstreppas » 17 Jul 2020 18:03

Don't hate me, but I think the Nikola One looks way better than most modern American trucks and the Tre isn't that bad either. It's another thing about electric engines though. Even if they are much more efficient compared to an Otto engine they still lack the most important thing: The sound. Trucks just neeeed to sound like a truck and have a lot of gears too :lol:
Andrei_03

#27 Post by Andrei_03 » 17 Jul 2020 18:23

@abasstreppas while I totally agree with you regarding the sound, saying such a thing on the internet would normally trigger the eco snowflakes.

They'd say "ok boomer", "are you opposing to inovation?" or "sound is wasted energy"
Polarlicht

#28 Post by Polarlicht » 17 Jul 2020 18:27

abasstreppas wrote: 17 Jul 2020 18:03 Don't hate me, but I think the Nikola One looks way better than most modern American trucks and the Tre isn't that bad either. It's another thing about electric engines though. Even if they are much more efficient compared to an Otto engine they still lack the most important thing: The sound. Trucks just neeeed to sound like a truck and have a lot of gears too :lol:
Not quite a truck, but have you ever heard the sound, or hum, from a Porsche Taycan? Makes me V8 lover forget the gasoline sound in a heartbeat ;)
Imagine trucks having this Star Wars-y sound :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSBMTwE858
Andrei_03

#29 Post by Andrei_03 » 17 Jul 2020 18:32

@coolusername didn't work for me. I'd much rather have a Panamera sport turismo e-hybrid, I like the design more, it's very efficient, has a V8 and the shooting brake body is gorgeous. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg though.
Last edited by Andrei_03 on 17 Jul 2020 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#30 Post by supersobes » 17 Jul 2020 18:33

@coolusername Honestly, that Porsche sounds just like a petrol car engine to me, just without the pauses for gear changes of course.

Return to “General discussion about the game”