Montana Discussion Thread

clifflandmark

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#581 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Nov 2021 17:12

The fact should be considered is that the more vehicle traffic gets, the more performance issues will show up.I'm not sure whether SCS ignored traffic reality because of performance issues or another because of another reason, but we're heading to East, they can't escape from the crowd. Have you thought a Katy Freeway with few cars ? That would look absurd.
flight50

#582 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 18:07

I'm assuming DX12 could help with performance. But if SCS can get multi core support going, that would help a ton I bet. For the Katy, I doubt we'd get anything remotely close to real life for it. It wouldn't be a long stretch of road in the game at all though.
LATrucker

#583 Post by LATrucker » 25 Nov 2021 18:58

wato wrote: 25 Nov 2021 09:59
interstate trav wrote: 25 Nov 2021 05:12 Are they trying for more traffic in major cities?

If that’s the case Los Angeles will need a bypass, lol because it has horrible traffic
Yes, it was teasered in a Texas stream a couple of months ago (or was it last Christmas even?).

Edit: well, to be more precise, they said that they want to make the cities feel more lively by increasing the number of AI objects. IIRC, it was not clear if they meant only car traffic or also pedestrians, etc.
... and Pavel seemed to be really sure that it would come sooner than later, but I'm not sure about Jakub to be honest. :lol:
Here's the Interview in the Christmas Stream 2020 btw: https://youtu.be/8M1vBAIwz0w?t=5212
VTXcnME

#584 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Nov 2021 12:42

The Torgo wrote: 24 Nov 2021 02:27
JeeF wrote: 24 Nov 2021 01:39 Texas Dec 21/Jan 22
Montana July/Aug 22
add six months to each date
I hope it's not *THAT* long for Texas.

I was hoping sometime in Q1 2022, so released by April-ish.

Montana though... yeah, Probably closer to end of Q4 in 2022.
flight50

#585 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2021 14:33

Texas is better off as Q2. It can't be rushed. We'll get an idea based on blogs once SCS comes back from holiday in January. Things won't get too active until mid to late January though. The last thing SCS needs to do is rush any dlc's. Oregon, Utah and Idaho all felt somewhat rushed to stick to a time frame release. Idaho and Utah, I think they just didn't have enough manpower. They were short 1-2 people imo. They didn't feel complete. Each had a few misses. The judgement on what it took to make those maps where underestimated imho. I sure hope that does not happen with Montana or any other dlc moving forward. Missing roads are hurting dlc's day one. It brings negative feedback. There will always be some but something can be eliminated from discussion. Sometimes certain roads just make sense and each dlc has been missing at least one road that fans make a constant reminder of every dlc that releases.

Connect the dots really. With every mapped city, try to get to every city from every single possible direction. That is how you polish off roads. Some people like long trips, some people like short trips. So the approach varies. Some people play with detours and others don't. Where are the detours programmed and do we have the roads to cover that. The feature is good but needs work and SCS never went back to tweak or dial in the feature. Most people hate going out their way due to lack of road density. Creating a "wait it out" option still works for me. I'd rather wait for an event to clear by waiting an hr or so than go around the event that could take 2-3 hrs. Everything has to mix well and when a road is missing, people will talk. Montana is a big state with a nice road network but how much of it will we get? Imo, it would be on the same level as Colorado and Wyoming density. Their road network is spread all over the state and we got a pretty nice square box road network in both. Montana has the same capabilities to give us a good square road network. Will the devs have the time to give us a good network? Will we get $11.99 worth of roads or do we go to another price bracket to get more content in Montana? I don't expect a Texas price bracket but you never know.

East of I-15 could be fairly dense. Too much space to not add road density. Not every road needs to be in place but when you factor in I-90, US-12, MT-200 and US-2, we'll need a lot of connecting roads to those East to West routes for roads to make since. US-87, US-191, US-89....all those East of I-15 should have enough distance between to all come and link up. Bozeman, Billings, Great Falls, Havre, Lewiston, Helena, Butte and Shelby(should be marked), all those mix together. There could be a lot of zig zagging to get to any one of those from another in state city. Why take one dedicated route when one can have multiple options with every trip to the same cities. Push a few roads this way or that way. With 1:20, make it work to your advantage. Curves are your friend. Once you get to states with straighter roads, this option pretty much goes away. So lengthen roads and segments as need be by road manipulation.
The Torgo

#586 Post by The Torgo » 27 Nov 2021 04:03

VTXcnME wrote: 26 Nov 2021 12:42
The Torgo wrote: 24 Nov 2021 02:27

add six months to each date
I hope it's not *THAT* long for Texas.

I was hoping sometime in Q1 2022, so released by April-ish.

Montana though... yeah, Probably closer to end of Q4 in 2022.
i learn this from seasoned forum users: it's all about number of blog posts and pace, by now Texas is short in numbers and the pace is way off.

don't get me wrong, i want this dlc so bad but (this is another leason) give those scs guys time to make their magic.
flight50

#587 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 05:29

Yes. Until dlc blogs hit that 2 week window for maps, we can't expect a dlc to come. Open beta will be the second give away for map dlc's as all maps require a compatibility update. This is when we will see either polished roads beyond barriers or new extension roads. There's always new content to come forth for new maps though.
angrybirdseller

#588 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Nov 2021 06:14

Texas will likely arrive before Montana, but will know more in April or May get feel when Texas release is imminent. Montana is more predictable on when it will release and can get done by the end of 2022, and the map team making good progress on Montana. Texas I be more worried about as larger cities require more research to get it right and beta testing to optimize with New Mexico Albuquerque what caused delay as the there was too much detail eating frames making it acceptable to run on lower end machines. Montana in most ways is like Wyoming, so more or less predictable how its going to be setup.
Shiva

#589 Post by Shiva » 27 Nov 2021 12:24

When all needed roadconnections and sectors to the next DLC are finished, then release would be quite close.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#590 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 13:16

Honestly, I don't think Albuquerque is the go by city anymore for larger cities. Not with Portland, Seattle or Denver in the Mix.

Return to “General discussion about the game”