Montana Discussion Thread

HammerlaneHippie

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#331 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 16 Sep 2021 05:24

I was hoping that SCS would do Montana before Texas. I have driven through Texas in real life but I have not yet gotten into Montana.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
angrybirdseller

#332 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Sep 2021 09:38

Sweet grass we have Nogales in Arizona so it's possible to see in Montana DLC.

I see completed Montana DLC as bigger deal tocomplete for players that own all the existing map DLC now it's big boxed in map. Think will definitely look like Montana and 95% chance the Wyoming team working on Montana. Miles City and Glendive are pretty far away from anything along I-94. There stand alone Montana mod it's not at promods or scs quality, but it far above c2c map and over time newer parts of Montana map mod look good.

Just hope they at least build I-15 to US and Canada customs stations. It's likely end at US-2 in Shelby.

SCS will start on Canadian provinces before they compete the USA as map teams will run out of space in USA. It's very likely 8-10 years away.
Shiva

#333 Post by Shiva » 16 Sep 2021 09:46

The Torgo wrote: 16 Sep 2021 02:15 @oldmanclippy citywise i agree in 95%

the only change in my predition is Sydney out - West Yellowstone in
Atleast I don't see any space for a functional West Yellowstone, sadly.
supersobes wrote: 16 Sep 2021 01:04 I would prefer it if they ended I-15 at Sweet Grass rather than US-2. It would be nice to have the full length of that Interstate in the game. Even if Sweet Grass isn't a marked city, they could at least add the rest area exit 397.
That would be a nice one.
TheAmir259 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 05:17 If scaling is going to be an issue, Sweet Grass could be an unmarked town and a depot (farm maybe) can be placed down there, with them all being tied to Shelby instead, given that Shelby is a marked town (or city) that is
If Shelby in, the Sweet Grass would be in its job pickup area. And I agree, a farm could be possible.
Marcello Julio wrote: 16 Sep 2021 03:18 Before Pavel, Davido (Wyoming DLC Leader) said had started to work on the DLC after Texas. Obviously he didn't say what the state was, but he said the community is smart to discovery what that state was and that he is always quoted in the chats on SCS streams by the people.
That was not sadly in in the video clip I was linked to.
And the quote's I did, was straight from the video I was linked to. What Pavel said.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
russ99

#334 Post by russ99 » 16 Sep 2021 15:28

TheAmir259 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 05:17 If scaling is going to be an issue, Sweet Grass could be an unmarked town and a depot (farm maybe) can be placed down there, with them all being tied to Shelby instead, given that Shelby is a marked town (or city) that is
I have Wolf Point and Miles City as my east-most cities, since Montana needs to connect to Idaho in 5 places, and Wyoming in 4/5 places, I can see SCS leaving the east border roads/cites for North Dakota.

Also after Rocky Mountain National Park and Yellowstone, I don't see them leaving out Going To Sun Road in Glacier National Park.

I also think if they don't add Cody, WY as a city and just add US 14 from Greybull to Yellowstone, they'll use US-89 north instead of US-191, and add the Beartooth Highway (US-212) from US-89 to Billings.
Trucker Nik

#335 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Sep 2021 16:17

When Montana arrives, the west coast will be completed and it is the last missing state with the MDT time zone, so all states with this time zone will be in the game
flight50

#336 Post by flight50 » 16 Sep 2021 16:29

The West coast is technically completed already. The coast means bordering water. You actually mean the West will be completed.
oldmanclippy

#337 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Sep 2021 16:39

Ceco wrote: 16 Sep 2021 16:17 When Montana arrives, the west coast will be completed and it is the last missing state with the MDT time zone, so all states with this time zone will be in the game
This is not true. North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, and Nebraska all are partly in MDT. Texas has a tiny bit in MDT too but that will come before Montana so it's a moot point.

Oklahoma apparently is the only smart one keeping their state all in one time zone :lol:

In seriousness, it's pretty clear why the El Paso area is in MDT, so that it can be the same time zone as New Mexico and Ciudad Juarez. The rest of the states are kind of stuck in between a rock in a hard place, between having a very late sunrise/sunset in CDT for the western parts, or a very early sunrise/sunset in MDT for the eastern parts.

Kansas is weird though. Not all the counties along the CO border are MDT.

Sweet Grass could have distribution centers in addition to a farm.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Bedavd

#338 Post by Bedavd » 16 Sep 2021 16:56

@oldmanclippy Your map looks pretty much spot on to my hopes. I'm still weary of including MT 200 but it'd love to see it included. I hope they cheat Butte and I-90 a little bit more south to give it and Helena a little more breathing room. Particularly so we can get that open pit mine NW of the city and the famous Berkeley Pit.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#339 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Sep 2021 17:08

@Bedavd The Butte/Anaconda area deserves a lot of attention that's for sure. Tons of industry and there is definitely room to shift it southwards.

For MT-200 I am still skeptical that SCS will prioritize it, but I think it'd be a big bummer to have MT-59 as the only state route in Montana. New Mexico only had a couple state routes and it was too bad, I really enjoy those smaller roads.

Then again, being a state route doesn't automatically mean a "smaller road' than a US route. Heck, MN-100 in the Twin Cities is basically indistinguishable from an interstate in some segments. But MT-200 definitely qualifies as a smaller road lol.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Trucker Nik

#340 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Sep 2021 17:16

@oldmanclippy Arizona also has its MST time zone, Oklahoma has the same time zone as Texas, (CDT) it does not have its own time zone

Return to “General discussion about the game”