Montana Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#21 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Jul 2020 00:56

In Minnesota, the Twin Cities is about 2/3 the states population and lots of suburbs. The northern 1/3 not alot of roads, but plenty of trees to cut and mining a big industry. The third is transition to forest and climate better suited for wheat than corn. The southern part of Minnesota is like Iowa and windmills and solar gardens all over, but Minneapolis and St Paul urban jungle as I-35W joins with I-94 and splits off, but scale makes things complicated and I-394 turns into US-12. Twin Cities has big medical device industry and lots of fortune 500 copies like Best Buy, 3M, Target, General Mills cargo would be lots of grain, corn, turkey, chicken, medical device companies I see.

Montana is kind of transition zone between rocky mountains, to grazing lands, and the start of ponds in the middle of nowhere in the field. Montana I-90, I-94 and US-2 be main east to west roads.
Freeze338

#22 Post by Freeze338 » 19 Jul 2020 10:32

I don't understand people. When Pavel said one big and one not so big state, why people think directly Texas? Montana is 3rd biggest state if you don't count Alaska. And it's really big comparing to the lastest DLC's. With current resource of SCS I don't think Texas will released with another state in a year.

Also I saw I'm not the only one. Idaho needs Montana for connection roads. Currently we have 5 miles of I-90 and it looks hideous tbh. Boxed shape map has the advantage of connection roads and close dead ends but without Montana no matter what the map has dead ends and have problems about the connection routes. So I'm really hoping SCS will release Montana after Colorado. Otherwise Montana will be released in 2022 and it's just not looking good on that way.
xyzan

#23 Post by xyzan » 19 Jul 2020 10:44

But Pavel also said, that this big state is scarying them - which suggests it is huge. Montana is big, but not that big I think. Montana do not have very dense road network (and this counts rather than it's surface) And montana will be weird without Wyoming...
And in terms of Huge and small states, that are close to each other... Texas and Oklahoma... One is large (and scary with it's size) and second one is rather small... Nobody is considering Oklahoma soon ;)
Freeze338

#24 Post by Freeze338 » 19 Jul 2020 11:57

Oklahoma has very dense road network, it looks small but that doesn't mean it has less roads.
Bedavd

#25 Post by Bedavd » 19 Jul 2020 12:35

Here’s what Pavel said verbatim for everyone at timestamp 2:43:40
...[SCS is]working on two more map DLC’s. A big one, a major one, that we have been kinda always scared of because it’s huge, and a small one that, you know, will kinda fill in the time for the major release, bet we already know our production plan for 2 years in advance so there is research going on for even more advance stuff.
This to me says Texas (I’d call Montana a big DLC, but certainly not a “major” DLC, since it won’t be the major crossroads of city and industry that Texas is bound to be) is in production
with Wyoming (smaller, far less dense, no new industries we haven’t already seen (except maybe livestock)) planned to fill the time in between Colorado and Texas.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
FrancescoMasci

#26 Post by FrancescoMasci » 19 Jul 2020 15:16

Texas is surely in the work so the big one might be that. Maybe the small one can be Wyoming as it's not that dense.
fra_ba

#27 Post by fra_ba » 19 Jul 2020 15:17

Montana is nowhere near scary imo. While it is big in real life, in game it will be something like Oregon dlc in terms of road mileage. Also Oklahoma is not small by any means especially if you compare it to Washington state. comparatively equal land area but far more total lane miles for Oklahoma. I expect to see at least 12 cities in that state.
averyc2506

#28 Post by averyc2506 » 21 Jul 2020 05:21

texas is already in the works tho... if yall have ever read what @flight50 has ever said in the "chose 2 states you would like to see next" thread, as well as other threads.. (hes the first person off the top of my head that i know has mentioned this). scs already has 1, or a couple people working on it for like 6 months i think. not sure (i have bad memory so sorry if thats incorrect)

personally i wouldve wanted montana rather than texas first but i see no reason to complain cuz texas is cool too 8-)
I make concept maps sometimes:
California
Louisiana
Dirk221

#29 Post by Dirk221 » 21 Jul 2020 05:36

I want Montana but Texas is so awesome and big!
And the first time whe see the The Gulf of Mexico and the Great Plains 😊
flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 21 Jul 2020 06:08

@averyc2506 Texas had 6 months of work, this time last year. So its 1.5 years now. At that 6 month period, it was only one guy working it. No telling how many there are now.

And when the heck did this thread pop up, lol. I had no idea it was in the mix already, lol.

Return to “General discussion about the game”