Montana Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#301 Post by Tristman » 14 Sep 2021 15:43

It's not up to SCS to connect to Promods, is it? I think they're fine with cutting the I-15 off at Shelby. Promods can then model Sweet Grass including a border control station. The US-93 can go up to Kalispell, and then connect to the US-2 going east.
clifflandmark

#302 Post by clifflandmark » 14 Sep 2021 15:48

clifflandmark wrote: 14 Sep 2021 12:10 SCS has no obligation as a developer to make the Canadian border. In case Promods releases phase 2 one day, it would be nice if US-93 was brought all the way to the Canadian border by SCS.Thus, Promods would be freed from a workload in the United States.
Yes, I wrote it. It would be beneficial.
flight50

#303 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 16:06

I agree with Tristam-94. It would be beneficial yes, but that is increased dev time when worrying about ProMods is not of their interest. Its up to ProMods to make those connections. What if ProMods doesn't connect to every SCS extended road or if ProMods had something different in mind. Then SCS spent dev time developing something that won't go any further.
Bedavd

#304 Post by Bedavd » 14 Sep 2021 17:10

When we get Montana, we will officially have everything within and west of the Rocky Mountains in the United States mapped. That'll be cool to have one big national N/S divide done. Then it's the Mississippi as our next big barrier.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#305 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 17:22

From the Rockies to the Mississippi is a huge 1/3 of the US. Totally different than the West and it should be interesting to get those states. A lot of people are actually looking forward to these so called boring/flyover states as many call it. There are no flyover states imo. Each one is well deserving to have a spotlight in ATS.

There are many years left of development. I just hope people keep coming to the game and support all the content SCs release to be ensure the project can get completed. State by state, ATS will push East and I know I'll be here to play whatever SCS releases. Montana and Texas will be too huge adds. Texas finally got the call after being part of the polls since I started it in 2017. Like Montana, its a huge chunk of land that people are waiting to truck.
clifflandmark

#306 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Sep 2021 01:07

Bedavd wrote: 14 Sep 2021 17:10 When we get Montana, we will officially have everything within and west of the Rocky Mountains in the United States mapped.
and there rises my concerns about West. how much % of the sceneric towns, forests or national parks included?

I want to draw attention to Kootenai Forest and Glacier National Park. Do you think they will be added ?

if they omit these sceneric things in east, probably they're right. I can't complain about sceneric things where they cut off industrial cities because of 1:20.

I can't say the same thing for West. just fill the gaps as much as 1:20 allows.
killingjoke28336

#307 Post by killingjoke28336 » 15 Sep 2021 09:18

I hope they will connect Devils Tower to Montana via the 112 to US 212.
Jatruck

#308 Post by Jatruck » 15 Sep 2021 10:24

When Montana comes it will be a good moment for a Rocky Mountains Pack DLC: New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. It might include Volvo Machines DLC as well. :)

Another possibility would be West Pack DLC, adding Oregon and Washington too. :)

So people could complete their maps. ;)
clifflandmark

#309 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Sep 2021 11:31

I'm at least as excited about montana as you are. But we may be disappointed by what we want to see and what may come up with it. There isn't much SCS can do about it.
I did some research on kootenai forest and glacier national park. Trucking is restricted in almost everywhere in this place. There are cyclists on roads like mt-17.These places are too touristic and forest officials are so protective (I fully support) that commercials are prohibited no matter what they're.

For Kootenai, individuals can cut trees for themselves, but this also has some conditions and seasons. https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/kootenai ... EPRD716205

"The following activities are prohibited: using over-the-terrain vehicles for skidding, yarding or skidding systems in excess of 100 feet, log trucks for hauling, or vehicles driven off roadways to gather firewood.Six feet is the maximum length piece that may be removed under the firewood program."

You cannot travel on NF roads unless you have permission. Are there any exceptions? There is, but it is not something that can be added to ATS. Here's a dump truck in NF-92 : https://earth.google.com/web/@48.822235 ... UVlneXcQAg

For commercial permits https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/kootenai ... rdb5279867. No precise information has been given as to what purposes require a Special Use Authorization. But even that gives us an idea of why these roads cannot be included in the ATS.

Here's a link of prevented logging :https://flatheadbeacon.com/2016/09/13/k ... ing-begin/

:|

The best way to gather more accurate information is to find a real person who works in the area.
flight50

#310 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2021 12:11

killingjoke28336 wrote: 15 Sep 2021 09:18 I hope they will connect Devils Tower to Montana via the 112 to US 212.
If we do get a connection to US-212, I honestly don't think that would happen until South Dakota though. US-212 South from Broadus, MT doesn't do us much good at all. The US-212 route is better served with SD to get to Belle Fourche as a scenic town. If we get that part of US-212, how will it proceed. US-85 to I-90? US-212 to
SD-79 to SD-34 and that goes to I-90 to Sturgis as scenic? Sturgis can't be marked due to Rapid City. Not to mention, no much going on in Sturgis trucking wise. But it would be pretty cool to see SCS implement the bike rally in some form. Perhaps on a cruise on the streets as a random event or something or parked in some huge parking lot.

Return to “General discussion about the game”