Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#71 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2020 04:27

@gandalf7472000 Idaho and Colorado weren't announced Xmas. That was Idaho and Iberia that got the announcement. Colorado was speculated by us the community. Colorado wasn't hinted until March 6th but confirmed March 26th. I don't think both Wyoming and Montana comes together though, that's too much perhaps for team ATS right now. We still have the Colorado team working, they'd be needed to pull that off. Its assumed that the 3rd map team is doing Texas but I'd be shocked if they were actually doing Montana instead. That would mean that a preliminary team is still in Texas vs a full time map team. That would also mean that SCS plans on hitting Texas hard once Colorado releases as that team would go to Texas full time. That puts them on Texas all of 2021. When Wyoming releases summer of 2021, that team follows as well and they'd get 6 months for 2021. Then at the end of 2021, the Montana team follows to Texas. At the beginning of 2022, SCS could have everyone on Texas for 6-7 months and it could come out Summer of 2022. But this scenario only works if the 3rd map team is actually in Montana already.

I never considered a team in Montana already though. Raven did say 3 map dlc's but what he did not say is how many people are working where and at what % they are. We just know there are people in 3 states outside of Colorado. If a team was going to do Montana, the newbies would be a great selection as they learn mapping better. A more experienced team like the Idaho team does Wyoming and Wyoming should still come out before Montana because its a tad smaller. The newbies would get a great learning experience if they were actually in Montana. No rush if Montana comes Winter 2021. After Idaho, Montana would be nice, but not before Wyoming. But we will find out the next pieces of the puzzle on the Xmas stream. We should get the next ATS and the next ETS2 map. I am 98% sold on Wyoming but for ETS2.......oh man will it be interesting.
gandalf7472000

#72 Post by gandalf7472000 » 29 Jul 2020 06:51

@flight50 you’re right I checked the Christmas stream again. Funny how the mind works sometimes! I had the impression all 3 were announced together.
Anyway I’d like to see Texas before Montana, but at this point with the virus delaying things, I don’t really care which 2 states come next and hope Colorado won’t be delayed.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
interstate trav

#73 Post by interstate trav » 30 Jul 2020 17:28

I think Montana is one of them because looking at the map, unless there rebuilding California as a DLC I don’t know what other states besides Wyoming Montana and Texas that could come after Colorado. I’m looking forward to finding out though.
flight50

#74 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 22:17

Its definitely those 3 I bet. The public research thread list only those three. There has to be logic behind adding states and I still think stair stepping ti Florida is the route Pavel will take.
Jbte

#75 Post by Jbte » 30 Jul 2020 23:36

Could this be the next largest state as stated? (not Texas), Montana is the 4th largest state in the US, so my bet for next year is Wyoming and Montana, that way we can have a boxed up map (half of the US western coast)

I don't think Texas will be in the next year, if it were the case we could have some hints or even blog updates or something in the bordering areas of New Mexico in latest update, but still nothing. Despite, Texas it's a huge and dense, it could take them more than a year to complete, I would worry to see something from Texas this soon. So I guess Montana next year as the next biggest state, the other biggest state, Texas, could be for late 2022 or even 2023.
parasaurolophus67

#76 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 Jul 2020 23:42

it might be texas because on the stream they are scared of this big state. Sure montana is big but Texas is MUCH bigger and MUCH scary to create then montana. so It might be texas.
flight50

#77 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2020 03:36

The devs can complete Montana with a regular sized team. They can't do that with Texas. If they try doing Texas will less than 2 teams, I am afraid Texas will not live up to the hype. Less than 10k roads and less than 25 cities won't cut it at the day and age of mapping. Texas is scary for a reason.
harishw8r

#78 Post by harishw8r » 31 Jul 2020 04:46

Due to Texas, we might get only one map expansion for 2021 i.e Wyoming. Texas would mostly likely be released at 2022 Summer or even winter. I don't think Montana following texas in 6 months would work either, it's two big states back to back.

Texas in 2022 Spring and Montana in 2020 Winter might work. There's a small possibility of relatively smaller states like Oklahoma popping up after Texas.

Atleast for the next year, they might plan on releasing two DLCs for ETS2. ETS2 has contents of that smaller size, like Ireland or Western Balkans in smaller chunks.
flight50

#79 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2020 05:14

^Winter 2020 is set to be for Colorado though. I am not sure if you meant Winter 2021 or Winter 2022 for Montana. If they do Montana before Texas, it can make the 2021 Winter map. Once you get further East into Montana, its get easier and easier to map. The more East you go in Texas, it get harder and harder to map. Pick your poison I guess. If SCS takes the bigger bite into the cookie, it could be a bite they regret. I think SCS can maintain the same quality as Idaho if Montana comes with Wyoming. I don't think Idaho quality comes with Texas if its for 2021. The asset team has too much to do and the mapper have too much to design. Then they have to turn around and polish and test it. They can use the extra time to seriously jam pack Texas. Montana just doesn't require such jam packing so its easier for 2021 than Texas.

The question is, will SCS go after money and fame to say they did Texas 2021 or will they go after quality and player's stronger desire for a boxed up West first. You still get your fame for 2022, you still get your money for 2022. Getting two more quality states in Wyoming and Montana ensures that Texas too will be of great quality. People will get Montana to help out Idaho hands down. Montana following Wyoming will be a huge plus. Follow up Montana with Texas and your golden and setup to bring in Oklahoma after Texas. From there, are so many possibilities.
interstate trav

#80 Post by interstate trav » 31 Jul 2020 17:26

That’s a very good question, personally 8mhope they go wit(boxing the map up and then adding Texas as it would be much higher in quality. Also with all 9f those major cities, and the start of the 20 and 30 also the 35.

Return to “General discussion about the game”