Montana Discussion Thread

Izmaragon

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#81 Post by Izmaragon » 31 Jul 2020 19:02

Well, it wouldnt be right without perhaps highway 16 from Glendive all the way to Plentywood, not sure if highway 13 would make it in from I think Circle to Scobey. Highway to should be done to Culbertson.

I can see Colstrip added as a mine within Billings area, or maybe Miles City.

Fort Peck Lake, Canyon Ferry Lake and Flathead lake could likely all fit. Please Note the first lakes I mentioned are both on the Missouri River, which wanders through quite a bit of the state really. Funny how the Yellowstone comes into the state not far from where the Missouri is formed [bout 100-150 miles or so]. Kinda like how the Snake river wanders through a number of states...

Ofc, you have the general geography too. Montana, Wyoming and Colorado all share the same general mountainous west, flat east layout. Granted to the former two, its more varied with areas of river valleys, small mountain areas and various natural vistas depending on one's point of view. Northeast Montana is generally flat with very few trees. Sunrise in summer is around 4am... true sunset is about 10 to 1030pm. at night. Not joking. I remember as a kid seeing lights from an old AFB that was roughly 25-30 miles away on the horizon at night. So yes, NE Montana = flat in general. SE Montana, you have the hills that build up to the badlands and Black hills of South Dakota. Although, east of Sidney is an area of badlands that likely wouldnt be bothered with until North Dakota.

Central Montana, Highway 200 goes straight through the most desolate section of the state, yet also some good vistas in parts. But again, very few trees. In Montana, most trees will be near the rivers or areas with a source of water. Great Falls should have a light smattering of trees towards the western portion of the city towards the mountains that divide the landscape from Lincoln area if you put that in, highway 200 from Great Falls to I-90 east of Missoula.

Anyway... Got carried away a bit there...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.

rip_c_bennington

#82 Post by rip_c_bennington » 01 Aug 2020 04:16

Imho we will not see Montana in the next 2 years. First they do Wyoming, then focussing on Texas and then they will make Oklahoma and Kansas (maybe also Nebraska) before Montana.

flight50

#83 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 06:02

@rip_c_bennington check out this thread viewforum.php?f=139. There is no Kansas and Oklahoma only comes after Texas. Montana will come either before or after Texas. Maybe you haven't noticed how Idaho's dead ends limit the state like no other in the West. No way Montana takes a back seat to Oklahoma or Kansas. That's a huge chunk of land missing if everything else is in place around it. Kansas before Montana really doesn't make much sense at all though.

interstate trav

#84 Post by interstate trav » 01 Aug 2020 17:20

I’m hoping before Texas. I do look forward to Montana after Idaho I feel like Montana will help.

flight50

#85 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 01:05

Montana will definitely help Idaho but Colorado and Wyoming should come first. All would have been much better if SCS gave up that small portion of US-93 to Lolo from Salmon and run US-12 East to connect. We should have had more logging on US-12 imo. Maybe when Montana comes, we can get 1-2 new logging camps along US-12. Even better, a new lumber company to come with Montana.

Return to “General discussion about the game”