Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#341 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 21:19

The map teams build maps. The vehicle team builds trucks. The manpower obviously is not the same. If it was, we'd have both. But since they are different, yes they can rebuild maps right now and not trucks. So yes they can work one and not the other.

Remove the roads and where will you drive this shining new truck? Remove the depots and where will you pick up and drop off. Remove the cargo and you have no reason to even open the game. Might as well just be a driving game. To truck means to haul cargo from point A to B. So the game is about more than a truck, its about a trucking economy. We played with 2 trucks once...then 4 for 2 years from 2016 to 2018. Now that we have high quality trucks, the expectations is all of them needs to be high at the snap of a finger?

If anyone is willing to go to Prague to add numbers to the vehicle team to add manpower, yes.....rebuild the old trucks. Til then, we get what we get for the time being. Just like it took patience for map rebuilds, it will take patience to even see if there would be truck rebuilds. But that time is not now.
55sixxx

#342 Post by 55sixxx » 09 Sep 2021 21:35

TruckerDog wrote: I have a feeling we won't be doing anything to older trucks just yet
The quote above was the answer he (TruckerDog) gave me when i asked him if they plan on fixing the Anthem's hood positioning. And i'd assume he means anything related to older trucks (Fixing stuff, Reworking models and etc.), it's clear they have bigger fish to fry right now, such as new possible vehicles for both games, possible deals with more brands, new map expansions, more tuning packs for ETS2 and possibly for ATS, possible trailer packs for both games and etc. We are nearing the end of the year with only 3 more months in the calendar and they have to worry about getting all the stuff that is currently in development in the game before 2021 ends (New XF, VC DLC, second truck of 2021 for ATS...).
flight50

#343 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 22:48

That I can buy. That boils down to manpower. Manpower and time works hand and hand. Quantity doesn't really fit that bill right now. At the end of the day, we can all sit back and see how far the games have come. Everything won't happen as a result of another. SCS goes back and reworks/upgrades stuff as they can....when time permits....when manpower is available. But they do have to keep pushing forward. If they spend time constantly going back to upgrade, we never get forward to the newer stuff.
harishw8r

#344 Post by harishw8r » 10 Sep 2021 01:20

I see how they are functioning right now. They are clearly stretched thin to an extent and new truck launches often meddle with the production timeline, but the older debts (any model scs promised the manufacturers to add but couldn’t do it on time due to this) has to be taken care. At this moment this is the priority.

Let’s assume a scenario where SCS has licenses for every model that’s not released yet in game. That would be at least 10 models. According to SiSL’s simulasyonturk stream, SCS has been working on four trucks. Considering previously released models too, there might be five or six truck model teams. So 4-5 projects will be still waiting. Add release day launches and those would be even delayed. So at this moment, revisiting trucks won’t be a possibility. This also kinda explains why Classic trucks may not be a possibility either.
howey

#345 Post by howey » 10 Sep 2021 01:40

Tristam-94 wrote: 09 Sep 2021 18:21 I think the “missing out on trucks because they are out of production” is a weak argument.
If SCS wants to model older trucks, there is nothing stopping them.
Other games have shown that you can obtain licenses for them regardless of age.

If SCS depends on whether a brand wants to have their truck in ATS, only the newest trucks stand a chance.
Why would Western Star for example want their 4900 in ATS over the much newer 5700 (especially if a new model is launched).

I think reworking the older trucks in ATS is a good suggestion, and would improve the game a lot. Fans will always want the more classic models next to the brand new OTR models, and having them in the same quality as the CAD modelled trucks seems only fair.
Why would that be a weak argument when that's is more then likely the factor. Just take the old Cascadia for example they made a model intending for the original launch of ATS in 2016 showcased it and all but due to issues the model never came and eventually were got the new current model instead. Now that the old model is discontinued and they have the 122SD currently in their line up as well do you think the old Cascadia will make it into the game in the short term most likely not.

Now the 4900 is a different story yes the model has been around for decades but the truck is still currently in production. Besides SCS also recently has been looking at the versatility of the truck and the 49X is an example of this. It's a OTR, HH & Vocational model and also the 4900 can be spec'd in those configurations as well while the 5700 can not but considering the 49X has the versatility the 4900 has already I think the 5700 will be the next model anyway.

Yes that is true but I tend to find that SCS and perhaps the Manufacturers are at some type of agreement that their current production models should be the priority before going into their older models and I can understand that the Manufacturers would be looking at this game as a marketing tool to some degree.
Juli On Tour

#346 Post by Juli On Tour » 10 Sep 2021 12:11

At Peterbilt I could well imagine another tuning pack, I noticed that you can only attach a lamp bracket to a truck, namely a Volvo. I've already seen a real Peterbilt that had 2 additional lights on the roof.
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
Jatruck

#347 Post by Jatruck » 10 Sep 2021 12:53

It would be awesome a tuning pack for Peterbilt with one-piece windshield for 389 included. :D ;)
Freeze338

#348 Post by Freeze338 » 10 Sep 2021 15:02

Jatruck wrote: 10 Sep 2021 12:53 It would be awesome a tuning pack for Peterbilt with one-piece windshield for 389 included. :D ;)
It also would be awesome a tuning pack for Mack with two-piece splitted windshield for Anthem included :P
Jatruck

#349 Post by Jatruck » 10 Sep 2021 15:25

So bring us the two options. :D ;)
Bochita 113

#350 Post by Bochita 113 » 26 Oct 2021 22:40

Peterbilt 389 needs to be redesigned, and the Kenworth w900 too. It would be excellent if the textures improve. Plus some interior improvements such as a gear stick (with a choice between 10, 13 and 18 speeds) and a clutch pedal on the w900.

Return to “General discussion about the game”