Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#221 Post by harishw8r » 24 Feb 2021 07:03

At this point, the Old Cascadia doesn’t matter to me. I was planning to use it as a placeholder for the new Cascadia and the 5700XE. Now that I have the 49X and the the New Cascadia, it wouldn’t find a place in my fleet.

I’m all in for the “VNL and LT before anything” bandwagon. I would like to see the VNL before LT. If there’s a brand that got the least love, it must be Volvo. I hope the VNL be the truck for 1.40.

Back to Peterbilt, What flight said has the most possibility, IMO. I strongly believe that both SCS and Paccar would have wanted the new trucks in game. Even if we get them by this year, it’s a huge achievement.
Texshi

#222 Post by Texshi » 24 Feb 2021 08:19

With how companies plan things years in advance Texas could be released along side the new Peterbilt.. I mean that is just a tiny theory I have.. but with Denton being the home spot for Pete.. It would make sense to have iit appear along Texas, so I have a feeling Peterbilts new rig will come with Texas as a side gift? or maybe a rework.. or perhaps hopefully the 567.. but never know could just be a Texas DLC and that is all but I sure hope for more!
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#223 Post by flight50 » 24 Feb 2021 13:04

^Yeah I said the exact same thing a few weeks ago when the new model was revealed. The new 579 on the cover for Texas. Prior to the new 579, I was saying the 389 should get the cover. Based on what SCS did with Kenworth and with what Kenworth wanted, Peterbilt should make ATS. Unless SCS fell out with Paccar which I doubt.

Its wishful thinking and nothing confirmed. We don't know the pipeline for trucks at SCS though so everthing is a guessing game/speculation. But that would be the perfect way to honor Paccar for the path they laid for ATS. Even if the truck is fast tracked like the 49x, thats cool with me. Many people didn't understand the fast track with the 49x and had issues with patience. Me, I was cool. Oscar said be patient and he proved his statement. It all worked out and took much less time to complete the truck than most thought.

Bring the top model first at least or the top and a daycab. Finish the rest later. But he largest sleeper cab since its an OTR duty truck would ease more people than just a dayvab. We only got the daycab for the 49x because that is all that existed at the time. We have a ways to go til Texas drops though. If the new 579 is already at SCS, then a full truck is very possible. At that point.....fast track the T680 if we got a complete :D :D :D
Texshi

#224 Post by Texshi » 24 Feb 2021 17:13

Well I do hope Texas comes soon.. and something for Peterbilt releases i just BET a surprise will drop with it! Just seems funny how aligned these were.. and heck the 49X was incredibly perfect drop.. so who knows..!
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
JSWarrell

#225 Post by JSWarrell » 24 Feb 2021 21:27

flight50 wrote: 22 Feb 2021 04:29 I’ll never give up 100% hope on a classic dlc pack though. You never know what can happen. If truck generations go 5 years or so (I don’t know the exact number), I wouldn’t be surprised if every model from 2018 on the road today, will come to ATS before the next gen kicks in. Some will go out of production before that time and we will loose them but at the same time, we don’t know SCS’s pipeline of trucks in the que. What’s to say one of those in jeopardy isn’t in the works now. Obviously the W990, 49x, HX new T680 and new 579, will be here for awhile. The new Cascadia might get a face lift before 5 years hit but at least we have it now.

LT, 122SD, Pinnacle and VNL, those are almost now or never. Will Peterbilt come out with a modern version of the 389 like Paccar did with the iconic W900. The 389 is just as iconic.
Truck manufacturers are a lot more unpredictable now. It used to be that truck generations would span 10+ years, or they'd remain the same exact model with some minor details and newer interiors througout the entire production run. Now they seem to change like cars do.

The Pinnacle is the one I'm nervous about. Mack updated it a bit so that it shares some of the same features as the Anthem, but I have to wonder how much longer they can keep that truck going. I'm pretty ignorant on the marketing for those trucks though, so I could be wrong. Same goes for the 4900, but I think that one's popular enough to stick around, just like the 389 and W900.
flight50

#226 Post by flight50 » 25 Feb 2021 00:15

Yeah I hope this 49x isn't going to replace the 4900. We only have the 389, W900 and the 4900 left. Freightliner doesn't feature the XL anymore.
OWLCAT

#227 Post by OWLCAT » 25 Feb 2021 12:46

I just noticed there's Peterbilt manufactures in Denton, Texas.
I wonder SCS will be add this in the Texas DLC.
Hello! I love muffin, Do you love muffin?
gt379

#228 Post by gt379 » 25 Feb 2021 13:57

^^Yeah, I hope too!

Just like Kenworth and Western Star as of yet!
flight50

#229 Post by flight50 » 25 Feb 2021 14:13

OWLCAT wrote: 25 Feb 2021 12:46 I just noticed there's Peterbilt manufactures in Denton, Texas.
Welcome to the club. Better late than never on the info, lol. If you followed this thread, the next truck speculation or the Texas thread for several months, you'd see people talk about the Peterbilt factory a lot. I'm assuming you don't log on here much though so that would be understandable. I almost find it impossible for Peterbilt to not make the game. Its another Paccar facility that can make the game. Denton doesn't have to be a marked city in order for the factory to make the game though. Either Ft. Worth or Dallas can host it. I just hope that another depot next to it comes like Winco Foods distribution, Ben E. Keith, B4 Lumber or Target distribution
OWLCAT

#230 Post by OWLCAT » 26 Feb 2021 05:21

flight50 wrote: 25 Feb 2021 14:13
OWLCAT wrote: 25 Feb 2021 12:46 I just noticed there's Peterbilt manufactures in Denton, Texas.
Welcome to the club. Better late than never on the info, lol. If you followed this thread, the next truck speculation or the Texas thread for several months, you'd see people talk about the Peterbilt factory a lot. I'm assuming you don't log on here much though so that would be understandable. I almost find it impossible for Peterbilt to not make the game. Its another Paccar facility that can make the game. Denton doesn't have to be a marked city in order for the factory to make the game though. Either Ft. Worth or Dallas can host it. I just hope that another depot next to it comes like Winco Foods distribution, Ben E. Keith, B4 Lumber or Target distribution
I didn't noticed that there's factory in Dallas.
Anyway thank you!
Hello! I love muffin, Do you love muffin?

Return to “General discussion about the game”