Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#331 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 17:59

You can't compare trucks and maps. That's apples and oranges. The trucks will look the same with more detail and accuracy. Sure we'd want them but at the expense of missing a truck not in the game...not worth it right now. A map is a much more impactful upgrade than redoing trucks right now.

We have manpower with map making, not with truck making. Redoing trucks doesn't make sense when there's a ton to do. Thinks about everything the vehicle team has to do...AI vehicles, trailers, new trucks, tuning packs, cargo packs, core content cargo....and for both games. There is no capacity to redo old trucks. If ATS gets reworked trucks, what do you think needs to happen to ETS2? What capacity would there be to make new trucks?

Trucks also may require license re-negotiations. Maps do not. You can choose another newer detailed truck but you can't for a map. There are many reasons to do other trucks first. The W900 and the 389 are not going anywhere. But others truck models can disappear from production in a heart beast.

There are better quality truck mods out there than there are quality map mods imho. But for vanilla stuff people change trucks all the time. We are stuck with maps.
xXCARL1992Xx

#332 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Sep 2021 18:02

nobody compared trucks to maps, the comparison was the rework of the old map to the rework of the old trucks, both of them dont do anything for SCS in regards to money but somehow reworking the base map is ok but reworking the older trucks that will look only worse with every new truck we get is not acceptable ?

then SCS has to make resources for it, the base map rework also has mappers that could be better used for new map content
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Tristman

#333 Post by Tristman » 09 Sep 2021 18:21

I think the “missing out on trucks because they are out of production” is a weak argument.
If SCS wants to model older trucks, there is nothing stopping them.
Other games have shown that you can obtain licenses for them regardless of age.

If SCS depends on whether a brand wants to have their truck in ATS, only the newest trucks stand a chance.
Why would Western Star for example want their 4900 in ATS over the much newer 5700 (especially if a new model is launched).

I think reworking the older trucks in ATS is a good suggestion, and would improve the game a lot. Fans will always want the more classic models next to the brand new OTR models, and having them in the same quality as the CAD modelled trucks seems only fair.
Freeze338

#334 Post by Freeze338 » 09 Sep 2021 20:15

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 09 Sep 2021 17:21 the same can be said for the rework of the basemap, why rework something that already exists when we could have new maps ?

the old trucks look like crap(in ETS2 especially) compared to the newest models we get that are the most precise model we got to date, so they have to be rework also or they will just look even more worse with each update
Because maps aren't getting out of production and losing their chance to find themselves in the game since they don't have a license.
xXCARL1992Xx

#335 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Sep 2021 20:21

the answer is above your post, if SCS starts to rework the basemap they have to rework the trucks also, these games primarily focus is on trucks, what good does it do if the trucks looks like polish turds but the rest like a golden Bugatti Veyron, i dont want maps if i have to drive a virtual rustbucket that doesnt match at all with its real counterpart
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Freeze338

#336 Post by Freeze338 » 09 Sep 2021 20:31

The thing is, it requires man power and time. Since SCS don't have a man power to overcome the issue about having all current trucks before they are getting out of the production and become history, remodeling is meaningless.

Speaking with an example : You have enough man power to make Western Star 4900 but instead of that, you remodel the 389 and meanwhile 4900 is out of production in that time You'll lose a chance to have 4900.

Congrats, you throwed a truck in a garbage just because remodeling a truck that you wanted.

Otherwise I'm not against it as well.
xXCARL1992Xx

#337 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Sep 2021 20:35

you do know that new trucks always have priority ? just because they start remodeling one doesnt mean it will exclusively be worked on, 3 people do it and if a newer truck is in the pipeline it gets priority, SCS released 4 trucks for ATS within a years time (albait the 49X was only half done because of time) wich means it was at least 9 people working on it, hiring more people to do the rework would never be the problem

also, the answer is still above your second to last post, SCS decided wich trucks they make, we dont know if the manufacturer says no, we just assume it, if SCS doesnt want to make the 4900 they dont, a reworked 389 will not change it
[ external image ]
flight50

#338 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2021 20:42

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 09 Sep 2021 18:02 nobody compared trucks to maps, the comparison was the rework of the old map to the rework of the old trucks
You're contradicting yourself Sir. You just said rework of old maps to rework of old trucks. That is comparing. Apparently you have a different definition of what comparing means. You are putting two different things in the same sentence...in the same context. I never said it was not acceptable to not do old trucks. I said it doesn't make sense. If they do them fine..great. I get my W900 in good quality but I'm not demanding it. I'm cool with what I have. But why would SCS remake the old 579 when they can make the new 579. Why remake the old T680 when they can make the new one.

People complained that ATS doesn't have enough trucks. SCS is bringing them as they can. A tuning pack can bring tweaks to older trucks but a complete rebuild with CAD references doesn't make a ton of sense right now. We have 9-10 new candidates for trucks that can come to the game that are not in right now. Why rebuild a truck from scratch when there are other models to do. Do all the other models first. Then worry about an old truck. A map is not the same. New people come to the game and will invest based on maps...not trucks. They will pick a truck that suits them. They have options with trucks. We don't have options with a map. Vanilla gameplay is the base line. Map mods and truck mods are irrelevant so SCS content needs to be vanilla here. We have what we have. People void bad trucks just like they avoid map maps. Maps make money, not trucks. Fix what makes money first. Then worry about the free stuff.

I rock the W900. Always have...always will. Not once have I complained about needing to updated it or it needs to be updated. If overfloater finishes is W900, I'll switch to his. It is what it is right now because I know what is at stake for other trucks. There are a lot more key things than reworking older trucks. Again, the manpower is there for maps. We do not have the manpower to rebuild all the trucks in both games. That is 4-5 years worth of work. We have a very small number of people rebuilding the map. We have 3 full size teams on paid dlc's. If they didn't have the man power to spare, we wouldn't get map rebuilds. When SCS has the spare manpower for trucks then we can see what happens. But I'd rather see tuning packs, licensed trailers, new AI vehicles, more cargo for the core game and industry related paid cargo packs before free truck updates.
xXCARL1992Xx

#339 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Sep 2021 20:49

i didnt contradict myself, i clearly said rework old maps vs rework old trucks and not maps vs truck as in new map DLCs vs new trucks, people are fine with the map rework but not with the trucks rework, both dont do anything for SCS and are just fan service, and if they start one they have to do the other or they can stop reworking the base map altogether for both games

"the same can be said for the rework of the basemap, why rework something that already exists when we could have new maps ?"

what i said 1:1, where do i not say rework of ? this is the comparison i made, the rework SCS is doing currently for the map VS reworking new trucks
[ external image ]
AntonioMart

#340 Post by AntonioMart » 09 Sep 2021 21:02

Well, if we consider some other game, then there all car models, both old and new, are licensed and made equally high quality. And this is what many want to see in a both games from SCS. Perhaps you are right that this is not the first priority right now, but not to update a truck just because it is no longer up-to-date and is no longer produced, this is a wrong decision IMO. Users should have a choice whether to drive a new truck or an old one, but their quality should be equally high.
Last edited by AntonioMart on 09 Sep 2021 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”