Which ats city should be reworked?

Which city should be reworked in the next update?

Bakersfield
9%
Los Angeles
46%
San Diego
3%
Fresno
2%
Phoenix
5%
Other comment down
7%
San Francisco
10%
Oakland
14%
Hornbrook
3%

Total votes: 144

Rockatansky6

Re: Which ats city should be reworked?

#21 Post by Rockatansky6 » 24 Sep 2020 23:17

LA really is one of the worst points of the base map for me, after that I really believe that the lack of Oakland (there is no city) is what gives me the most headache. I think Barstow also needs urgent rework. But I would really vote to extend the us95 to i80. It misses me so much, that big empty snowfall. Another priority that SCS should have is to add realistic truck stops on the base map.

flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 24 Sep 2020 23:40

Yeah, I was hoping that truck stops on the base map would be part of the graphic overhaul. But that is perhaps more or less just reworking some areas. California is bad with the base map truck stops. Nevada at least has some what of an excuse because its small towns and mostly wide open space. I-15 and Vegas is good to go at least. I-80 East of US-93 is good too. There's a truck stop from the Utah dlc.

ATS can use touch ups/reworks everywhere but I can't say its imperative to do lots of rebuilding like ETS2.

Rockatansky6

#23 Post by Rockatansky6 » 25 Sep 2020 01:28

flight50 wrote:
24 Sep 2020 23:40
Yeah, I was hoping that truck stops on the base map would be part of the graphic overhaul. But that is perhaps more or less just reworking some areas. California is bad with the base map truck stops. Nevada at least has some what of an excuse because its small towns and mostly wide open space. I-15 and Vegas is good to go at least. I-80 East of US-93 is good too. There's a truck stop from the Utah dlc.

ATS can use touch ups/reworks everywhere but I can't say its imperative to do lots of rebuilding like ETS2.

ATS unlike ETS2 needs a few touches in my opinion to be perfect. These are things that I believe SCS will do over time, especially with the ever growing player base.

leo.arevalo12ss

#24 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 25 Sep 2020 02:27

What about hornbrook in california
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

Xaagon

#25 Post by Xaagon » 25 Sep 2020 02:29

I had to vote Los Angeles. I know I could vote for two, but LA is in such need of work that I didn't bother voting for any others.

It really needs to feel huge... you don't really leave the urban area until well past the I-10/I-15 junction, but in ATS the urban area ends way before that. Also, at any time of day those freeways should be packed with cars. Using a traffic density mod LA still feels very empty. In game, LA feels smaller than Albuquerque. The #2 US city should feel much bigger. They got some neighborhoods right, but in total LA is not up to ATS standards.

@leo.arevalo12ss Hornbrook could be made more like real life. I was kind of surprised that they chose to add Hornbrook instead of Yreka, a much larger town in the area.

Reignman

#26 Post by Reignman » 25 Sep 2020 03:46

Rockatansky6 wrote:
24 Sep 2020 23:17
after that I really believe that the lack of Oakland (there is no city) is what gives me the most headache.
leo.arevalo12ss wrote:
25 Sep 2020 02:27
What about hornbrook in california
Yep I immediately thought of those 2 "cities" as well, so I picked other. Oakland just has that port that's surrounded by a constant loop of rush hour traffic lol. And I voted for LA. As others have mentioned, Port of Los Angeles is missing, and LAX. I think Darwing in Everett and Phoenix are the only major airports in the game. San Fran is another city that needs to be reworked, but lets be honest, the entire state of California needs an overhaul. Lots of signs missing and I don't think there are any small named scenery cities. Buttonwillow is there for example, but unnamed. Oh wait, Weed is up by Redding. Are there any others?

Xaagon

#27 Post by Xaagon » 25 Sep 2020 03:55

Yeah, they have Crescent City, Alturas, and some others - all added with Oregon DLC.

flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 03:56

I agree that Oakland can be much better. It might be possible to get I-880 and/or I-580 from Oakland to I-5. That would open up depots along I-880/I-580 for sure. With the water there, push the Oakland port out into the water and make a 2-3 terminal port there. Using the water allows for a little more space for I-880 and I-580 to have things between the two roads.

East of I-580 there isn't much there besides background terrain. The entire bay area is just as busy as Southern Cali. Both can get reworks in phases. But I don't think both should come at the same time unless serious man power is available. Then they could actually knock it out in one shot. But if they use an entire map team for rebuilds, that takes away time for a paid map dlc.

Skoot

#29 Post by Skoot » 25 Sep 2020 11:00

Reignman wrote:
25 Sep 2020 03:46
Yep I immediately thought of those 2 "cities" as well, so I picked other. Oakland just has that port that's surrounded by a constant loop of rush hour traffic lol. And I voted for LA. As others have mentioned, Port of Los Angeles is missing, and LAX. I think Darwing in Everett and Phoenix are the only major airports in the game. San Fran is another city that needs to be reworked, but lets be honest, the entire state of California needs an overhaul. Lots of signs missing and I don't think there are any small named scenery cities. Buttonwillow is there for example, but unnamed. Oh wait, Weed is up by Redding. Are there any others?
Weed, CA can be marked, there's a Tidbit store and a 42 Print building.

Darwing isn't an airport actually, it's an aircraft manufacturer. Besides Phoenix, there are airports in Albuquerque, Portland and soon there'll be another one in Denver, plus airports of SeaTac, Spokane and SLC are mentioned on the signs but are nonexistent otherwise.

flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 14:49

I was so hoping for the SLC airport but just not enough space. SCS put something else in the place where the airport would have fit. Outside of Denver's airport, I suspect the next airport(s) we get will be in the Texas dlc. Seems like SCS is spreading them out a little across he map. I think the largest cities (typical one per state) should have an air port. If we are lucky, maybe LAX shows up with a rebuild.

Return to “General discussion about the game”