Which ats city should be reworked?

Which city should be reworked in the next update?

Bakersfield
8%
Los Angeles
49%
San Diego
4%
Fresno
2%
Phoenix
5%
Other comment down
6%
San Francisco
14%
Oakland
11%
Hornbrook
2%

Total votes: 231

flight50

Re: Which ats city should be reworked?

#41 Post by flight50 » 26 Sep 2020 13:25

I don't know if its possible, (it should be) but SCS could easily stretch the background of North America a tad. It would look off and weird but its the only way to get a larger map without rescaling the entire game again. They didn't even match ETS2's scale when they did scale it. I:19 vs 1:20 scale. That is a small amount but it adds up over distance. I:17 would have been the sweet spot to get the East in a bit better imo. Once we get to the Midwest, we shall see how it goes. One wild idea I've always had (doesn't mean it would work or even possible) is to get to the Mississippi River at current scale and divide ATS. Load it up like its an island like the UK or Corsica or something. We all know there will be bridges to cross the Mississippi. How about that bridge crossing be like a loading screen. Kinda like a ferry ride. Get to these access point and the game is then scaled up to 1:17 for the remainder of the game. The UK is in 1:15. Now that could be a little large for the remainder of ATS though which is why I say the sweet spot is 1:17. Its half from 1:15 and current scale of 1:20.

The map team should be at full strength by then so doing bundled areas like an ETS2 map can be pulled off. All the largest states are pretty much in the game by then and the smaller states left are a tad compact and can use the increased scale. Going up another 3 10ths of an inch can allow these more compact areas to work.
angrybirdseller

#42 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Sep 2020 05:03

I think like how ETS2 did rework one city every couple updates incrementally. I think El Centro got decent facelift with better truck stop on it. Now, its going north of I-5 to Reading and doing the same thing. I really think re-work off the base will take years as they have other states to build further east. Just rework city one by one with updates overtime.

Los Angeles would not rebuild unless you have new assets to improve it, and easier cities like Phoenix, Barstow, Bakersfield would be better in the near term. Los Angeles will require compromises with the scale and experimentation to make it work such limited space.
pigbrother

#43 Post by pigbrother » 27 Sep 2020 06:25

Yeah, I also think LA Basin and Inland Empire should be the last and most carefully redesigned, that area is big and dense.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2020 07:31

I look at LA like I look at all of the Texas dlc, it can't be rushed if we want a good result. I agree with angrybirdseller. A rebuilt or reworked city one by one would be good.
angrybirdseller

#45 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Sep 2020 08:07

Los Angeles is not Las Vegas where it was mainly swapping out prefabs and road segments and building freeway around the city. Los Angeles-1. need skyscrapers that reflect the city. 2. Need to think about what to do with 101 and I-10 along with I-5 interchange along with CA-1 to deal with. If you add port then you will need I-405 or some other freeway use the I-710 or the I-110 the I-110 likely out question based on its design. Then LAX airport uses the I-105 and the I-710 connects to it along with the I-405 and I-5 its total mess with Los Angeles. The Inland Empire San Bernadino and Fontana area have lots of freeways to pick and choose and little room.

With Los Angeles is mess to me.
hangman005

#46 Post by hangman005 » 27 Sep 2020 08:51

LA definitely needs to be done and I agree with Winnemuca. Pheonix is a low priority for me, it's functional, could do with tweaks but what couldn't. I think I'd like to see the I-15 corridor upgraded with a revamped Barstow. One thing I've noticed coming into Barstow from the South there is a new sign in place (well from a few updates back) for the first downtown Barstow exit... but then it's like the decided to not to do the rest of them, I suspect they probably plan to redo it first. I'd be tempted to do Socal (well greater LA + San Diego) in one go. Bay Area + San Fransico I do in one go. Then I-80 NV.

I'd probably order it like such.

1) 1-15 LV to I-10 including Barstow revamp.
2) Greater LA + San Diego (Gives time to make it great)
3)I-5 Redding - Sacramento (probably the stretch of road I hate most in the whole game. so bland, so boring, so slow.
4 or 5) Bay Area
4 or 5) I-80 in Nevada, Revamped interchange for East Wells, Improved Elko and Winnemuca and the absolute very least better on/off ramps.
6) Whatever.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
SmokeyWolf

#47 Post by SmokeyWolf » 27 Sep 2020 13:10

@angrybirdseller believe 710 would be the best option.
leo.arevalo12ss

#48 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 27 Sep 2020 16:55

For 1.38 we got L.V (Las Vegas) reworked but it was teased a few days or weeks before the beta came so once we get a 1.39 teaser for the next reworked city we don't know although it's likely going to be L.A
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
CodArk2

#49 Post by CodArk2 » 27 Sep 2020 18:07

I see any city rebuilds or refreshes coming in 1.39 as being a smaller city more likely. They teased us about Vegas early on, and I think they would do the same for LA. Plus two large rebuilds like that might be asking too much. Smaller cities like winnemucca, elko primm, Barstow area could improve things quite a bit too.
angrybirdseller

#50 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Sep 2020 18:35

Agreed, 1.39 to 1.41 smaller cities are likely as Los Angeles you will need research team , mapper, asset builder for it. Primm or Barstow would make more sense in the immediate future. I figure Arizona is just couple updates away being completed.

With 1.39 I do not think there will be much in map updates until 1.40, but if there is likely small city like Winnemucca or Primm.

Return to “General discussion about the game”