Which ats city should be reworked?

Which city should be reworked in the next update?

Bakersfield
9%
Los Angeles
45%
San Diego
4%
Fresno
2%
Phoenix
5%
Other comment down
7%
San Francisco
11%
Oakland
14%
Hornbrook
4%

Total votes: 141

interstate trav

Re: Which ats city should be reworked?

#151 Post by interstate trav » 17 Oct 2020 17:59

I still say Los Angeles needs a complete rebuild to make it realistic, and Southern California as well. For the San Joaquin Valley, each a City along the 99 can be redone to add a couple of freeways and make the scenery better and extend the 99 further north. There is plenty of room.

I think it needs to almost be thought of as a new DLC for quality, because every other state is a lot further and California is more populated then all of them and I’d argue more important then most others as well. Even Texas lol sorry Flight50 has to add that in.

Anyways, in San Francisco the Bayshire freeway needs to be added and a few other things and ot could work, but I’m infavore of a California rebuild south of Redding.

flight50

#152 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2020 20:50

Yeah I can say South of Redding, California can definitely get some attention. Pretty much everything that was before Oregon can get some love. The main things I think are critical in California based on where ATS is now and where I think it will go is Agriculture no. 1. California leads the nation there. CA-99 and I-5 are huge here. They can use a lot of attention to make them depict real life agriculture a little better. No 2 for me are the ports. LA area ports are non existent and Oakland is really not much of a city at all with only a port and not a very good one at that. Its layout is awkward. Then there is the oil industry that doesn't exist. With all that said, I can't knock California too bad. I do understand that times are night and day now so to keep pointing out the differences from paid dlc to base map is like pouring salt in a wound. I am sure our community has spoken and the base map is engraved into SCS now to make some changes. Its no different than people screaming for rebuilds in ETS2.

rip_c_bennington

#153 Post by rip_c_bennington » 18 Oct 2020 03:36

Imho before they rework L.A. they should rework Barstow; the I-15/I-40 junction needs a complete replacement, the I-15 needs three permant lanes and not a third exit-only lane inside Barstow, the L Street / West Main Street junction needs to be changed (it's an underpass junction, has longer and wider exit ramps and the L Street has four/five lanes) and the other northern junction needs also a complete replacement.

angrybirdseller

#154 Post by angrybirdseller » 18 Oct 2020 10:13

Los Angeles is most in demand but it also one where it may be needing 3-6 months to research and rebuild it. There are parts of the base map can be improved with far less time and resources and do not tie up production of future DLC map content. The Agriculture sector in California map should be revisited as there plenty of opportunities for improvement and the I-5 and CA-99 corridor can be restrip and rework in some spots. The new prefabs and models would really improve the central valley in California and areas north of Sacramento reworked to add farms and prefabs along with add agricultural inspections they like to do.

flight50

#155 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 14:00

I totally agree with angrybirdseller. LA will take a ton of time. I think other areas can provide quicker relief for an aged California. Barstow's junction is one of them. Restriping I-5 and CA-99 could more than likely be done without too much effort from the asset team. But LA will involve a lot more effort to do it right. Working more parts in California lets people know its not forgotten and will get on par with dlc's.

interstate trav

#156 Post by interstate trav » 19 Oct 2020 00:03

I have to agree. If the 5 and 99 got reworked and we had Fresno updated and Bakersfield re done, that would make a big difference. Because if we have the 5 or 99 to take for about 300 miles it makes northwest trips from the south or north to south, it would make things so much better.

Also adding the 14 freeway sand making that route a much better one it would help.

I’d start if it was me I’d have Barstow redone for the 15 40 jct redo the bridges and the exits with adding new roads to start so more expanding is coming in the near future. Basically the 15 gets redone from Las Vegas to Barstow. Have the straight drop in elevation to Primm from California and have Baker added. Have all the correct signs, and it would make a world of difference, rework the 40 as another update so north of the 40 the Mojave Desert gets updated to look like the real one.

I’d say do in in phases. So Los Angeles gets the rebuild to do it justice, and have sections, for example, along the 5 from the Grapevine to Carlsbad gets a complete rebuild and then the 10 from the 1 to San Bernardino gets a rebuild and adding ports in phases and adding better scenery and widening the freeways, then keep redoing the 10 to Palm Springs.

Basically start with Barstow and the 15 for example because that’s goi;g to be used a lot especially with Colorado coming, then the 40 as well along with the 10 because Texas is coming.

averyc2506

#157 Post by averyc2506 » 19 Oct 2020 01:28

id definitely say barstow should get redone before the la area. it would be weird say from SLC to los angeles, youre in up to date map standards, then when you leave vegas its the old stuff, but when you get to tejon pass its more up to date. itll feel out of place even more
heres an irl map of what we know of the colorado dlc map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

angrybirdseller

#158 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Oct 2020 02:49

Barstow CA-58 redo and twin it completely and L-street interchange add Home Store prefab use I-15 business loop to rebuild build outline of the city. The beauty of ATS is newer assets can be used to improve the old map.

oldmanclippy

#159 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Oct 2020 13:58

I agree that they should work their way from the borders inward when they're making map updates to CA, since it would be jarring to go new -> old -> new. So Barstow would be the best place to start IMO.

GabrielT

#160 Post by GabrielT » 19 Oct 2020 16:13

I agree on that one @oldmanclippy ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”