ATS 1.39 Open Beta Discussion

flight50

Re: ATS 1.39 Open Beta Discussion

#561 Post by flight50 » 17 Oct 2020 20:52

^Its beta. Not a stable version of the game. Beta is voluntary to help report issues. Not necessarily to just check out the new content.

plykkegaard

#562 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Oct 2020 20:56

There's a known bug with the trailers, has been fixed afaik
Will probably be distributed asap
Sorry, out of office

ThatWeirdTrucker

#563 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 17 Oct 2020 21:30

Good thing that Colorado is coming out when 1.39 goes out of beta.

cajar

#564 Post by cajar » 17 Oct 2020 22:07

How do you know that? Why do you think SCS will release Colorado together with stable 1.39?
BTW, 1.39 looks more bugged than previous betas - e.g. moeny issue (too much income from hired drivers) or problem with trailer wheels (under the road).

xXCARL1992Xx

#565 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Oct 2020 22:09

this beta will most likely go to the end of October or even maybe mid November, this is when Colorado most likely will be released or some time after in the last 2 weeks of November
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

ThatWeirdTrucker

#566 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 18 Oct 2020 00:04

cajar wrote:
17 Oct 2020 22:07
How do you know that? Why do you think SCS will release Colorado together with stable 1.39?
BTW, 1.39 looks more bugged than previous betas - e.g. moeny issue (too much income from hired drivers) or problem with trailer wheels (under the road).
Literally the tradition for every DLC. Plus CO is lit up.

Madkine

#567 Post by Madkine » 18 Oct 2020 00:22

cajar wrote:
The money issue isn't beta specific and has been around for a few major releases now.

flight50

#568 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 01:20

cajar wrote:
As @ThatWeirdTrucker stated, every map expansion always releases after the update. Its referred to as the compatibility update. There are time when the update can go live just before the map expansion releases on the same day. Either way, the map expansion pretty much comes right after the update. Also he is correct that Colorado is now highlighted. That is always a dead giveaway.

Eventually you learn how SCS operates and their patterns. You can predict a lot of things because there are patterns. You also learn what bugs are more tedious than others and which ones break the game. If you look in the bug reports, you learn what reports are game breakers and which ones are consisted minor. To you the money thing might be major but that is something that is very easily fixed and not game breaking.

loco4string

#569 Post by loco4string » 18 Oct 2020 14:52

The trailer wheels will be a little more difficult. I didn't experience it until the second update. So something changed with the first update, so far I have only had the problem on the 9 axle and it was the final jeep that fell into the road. I haven't read robinius' FMOD post to see how bad the changes were. I know he said that they changed all the files again. I have noticed that the updates with trailers really don't add much but the trailer. I'm sure once Colorado goes live the updates after will start to feature the new connecting roads for Texas, Wyoming, and Montana. Which would make sense since they seem to make those first. My hope is once Texas is released that maybe we will get a couple of states at once like they do with ETS2 and the regions.

flight50

#570 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 17:32

^That is exactly what I am hoping after Texas to. I don't see an issue with bundling smaller states East of the Texas border. I don't think they need to wait til the New England area. If you have the manpower, definitely go ETS2 style. I talk about this a lot in the "Choose Next ATS States" thread. If you take the area of (2) smaller Eastern states, they are pretty much the same size as (1) Western state. Sometimes smaller but they are denser. I think 2 map teams works. One team does one state and the other team the other state but release them as a bundle that can be bought individually if you'd like.

Now I firmly think SCS should stick with the (2) map releases per year though...Summer and Fall regardless of how many states bundled. ATS is a lonnnnng way from completion and even doing one huge map like ETS2 could create a little moaning. We have been spoiled already with (2) maps a year cycles so might as well just keep that. This 3-4 maps a year isn't going to work well. Its too hectic on the devs, the testers and modders. That's too many updates that need to be on point. You never know when a update will go longer than normal. I like the two direction route though. Work the map East and North simultaneously and fill in between. If the manpower is there though, (2) map teams can combine into one to make a larger dlc. I just wouldn't go beyond 2-3 states at once. We need the ATS maps to stay on the same quality level without thinning out too many roads.

I can't wait to see the road network in Colorado though. The road layout in general looks like a very very scenic system for pretty much the entire state. If this 1.39eb doesn't add much more, I'll bank off the lowboys and the upcoming road layout as the highlights of this 1.39 update. Once Colorado drops, I am sure someone will be posting the connecting roads for sure. But that would be Wyoming and Texas. I don't see Montana connecting roads coming until the open beta for Montana kicks in. That's when we can jump to Idaho to see extension. For some reason, Colorado revealed a ton of that dlc already. That doesn't normally happen.

Return to “General discussion about the game”