"to pave the way for future additions; which will introduce new features to our games"...

akima

"to pave the way for future additions; which will introduce new features to our games"...

#1 Post by akima » 09 Oct 2020 23:50

One of the first things you may notice when you launch American Truck Simulator with the 1.39 Open Beta is a redesign of the current launchpad. The main reason why we are introducing this change is to pave the way for future additions; which will introduce new features to our games, that will be accessed through the launchpad.
source: the latest blogpost about 1.39.

I don't know about you guys, but that bit of text really spurred my imagination about what they're working on. Very exciting!
Sora

Re: "to pave the way for future additions; which will introduce new features to our games"...

#2 Post by Sora » 10 Oct 2020 01:30

I'm hoping this means they're finally approaching WoT being something other than an event item dispenser (or that it's going to at least get better at doing that.)
Our long-term vision is to create a complex new meta-game on top of the existing game with online gameplay, rich economy, RPG elements, virtual trucking companies, and eventually multiplayer support. To get from point A to point B, we'll need to pass a lot of milestones, test out many things, and we would be happy to have you along for the ride.
-SCS Blog discussing ETS2 update 1.22, during November 2015
I guess it could also be a way to sneak in the Coach DLC, for which I'm pretty sure mention predates even that.
polskagrom

Re: "to pave the way for future additions; which will introduce new features to our games"...

#3 Post by polskagrom » 10 Oct 2020 06:18

Coach DLC was my first though when i saw that.
Skoot

#4 Post by Skoot » 10 Oct 2020 10:09

I think they're setting it up for multiplayer to come sometime in the future.
pigbrother

#5 Post by pigbrother » 10 Oct 2020 10:24

For some reasons I feel is more related to an online mode rather than another single player mode like Coach DLC.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
poozykrem

#6 Post by poozykrem » 10 Oct 2020 11:16

More likely it's gonna be something online than Coach stuff, the game is only about trucks, not busses
akima

#7 Post by akima » 10 Oct 2020 13:09

Skoot & pigbrother: I sooooo hope your theory is true. Like many others I immediately had the coach thought and the multiplayer thought. If they do add multiplayer (even something very basic) I'll be pestering everyone on my Steam Friends list to buy ATS and truck with me. I'll also be doing at least weekly convoys with people.

I'm not interested in coach driving myself. I'd much prefer to get a multi-drop trucking (closest thing to multi-stop bus pickups). I'll be happy for the extra customers they get if they do add a coach game. More customers means more money which probably means more SCS developers to improve the shared game world and engine.
Skoot

#8 Post by Skoot » 10 Oct 2020 13:17

I don't think American Coach Simulator is even planned. ETS2 at least has bus stops or bus stations in its cities. But official multiplayer, allowing us to host a server and use mods on it, is possible and that's what I want this game to have.
55sixxx

#9 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Oct 2020 13:56

Honestly, you guys are thinking way too much ahead. An official MP mode would take a quite a bit of work and i hardly think it will come anytime in the near future... i think SCS even said that during one of the latest streams. Plus, this is so typical here, you guys take a regular change and then blow it way out of proportion with crazy speculations.
poozykrem

#10 Post by poozykrem » 10 Oct 2020 14:37

@55sixxx so what's your guess?

Return to “General discussion about the game”