ATS 1.40 Speculation Thread

interstate trav

Re: ATS 1.40 Speculation Thread

#301 Post by interstate trav » 05 Jan 2021 02:35

It’s funny I watched a couple of videos of earlier trucking games and I remember playing those and the difference between those and this is so Basemap looks great in comparison.

What I like about this game is that they keep making it more realistic and there rebuilding California and the new states look like the real thing, now the scaling makes challenges but having the state lines and the realistic control cities and how it takes time to drive longer trips. I just wanted to point that out.

Oh and flight50 I’m hoping for something California related, even if it’s just a lot of signs replaced and the start of the scenery change. I’m looking forward to having the freeways rebuilt and ones added.
harishw8r

#302 Post by harishw8r » 05 Jan 2021 02:54

Rebuilt freeways are the best. I remember sticking with Germany for a while after 1.35, the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Hannover is one of the best roads in ETS2 and its elevation is impressive. I see that happening to northern Cali as well.

On a different note, I expect the sleeper cabins for 49X before 1.40. Atleast that will keep us engaged till late feb or march :P
interstate trav

#303 Post by interstate trav » 05 Jan 2021 03:19

I really hope they add the correct elevation to California imagine the drop to Primm the climb out of Baker, the correct pass between Mojave and Bakersfield, oh yeah Mojave has to be added.

The grapevine, also the 14 if they turn it into a freeway the first 30 some miles are just mountains, and there are a lot of the freeway drops into Antelope Valley, and that’s a suburb of Los Angeles but a desert one. So seeing how they make the scenery realistic will be fun.

Just like with the Joshua Trees, a little fact about them is they only grow at higher elevations, around 2,800 feet plus lower the; that and they don’t exists, and the reason is they need the extra moisture and the fact that the temperatures are a little lower in the summer is the other reason. They can’t handle the heat of the Low Desert that’s why in real life there aren’t any in Palm Springs or any other low elevation Desert.

In fact I’d you climb the Baker Grade you leave Baker and your below 1,000 feet and you climb to over 4,000 feet and it’s a while before you see the Joshua Trees again because you have to gain altitude.
clifflandmark

#304 Post by clifflandmark » 06 Jan 2021 09:37

a 45 mb update came. I was not sure where to write
Anna K

#305 Post by Anna K » 06 Jan 2021 09:42

49.5 mb for me [90.9 mb in ets2]

I think they're just minor fixes - Nothing spectacular.
Last edited by Anna K on 06 Jan 2021 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
HRTrucking

#306 Post by HRTrucking » 06 Jan 2021 10:48

@clifflandmark Vojta posted about the update in the 1.39 discussion thread.

Edit: just got the download. Think it said Vulkan in red and another word before it under the American Truck Simulator download for a second, has that always been there?? First time I noticed this thing pop up. It was roughly in the place where the Steam Workshop logo sits at the download screen from Steam.
Some newbie driver

#307 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Jan 2021 14:29

@HRTrucking the Vulkan logo appears when Steam changes some things of their own files, I thing it was some cache of shaders or something similar. It's nothing about SCS so far.
HRTrucking

#308 Post by HRTrucking » 06 Jan 2021 16:54

@Some newbie driver ok thanks, I'd never seen it before. Thought it was something new from SCS as it was shown with the other thing in front of it for a second or so when ATS started downloading, wasn't a separate download.
Never seen it before, I only started looking for downloads since Steam started there silly schedules because of Corona. Why would I want to wait 2 days to download something in the middle of the night when my laptop is off :lol: .

I hope for 1.40 that they get the disappearing cars solved. I only recently noticed that AI traffic sometimes dissappear when they take an exit or after they go across a junction, never noticed it as much before.
The new light thing looks promising.
flight50

#309 Post by flight50 » 07 Jan 2021 19:20

In looking at today Iberia blog, the new lighting system is looking great. I wonder if there is a great chance we can get the moon back into the games as well. The ambient lighting from the moon could be apart of this new lighting perhaps.
supersobes
Global moderator

#310 Post by supersobes » 07 Jan 2021 19:48

I agree; the screenshots presented today with the new lighting system look really awesome. There is one thing I noticed though. Even in the screenshots that show scenes from the late evening or early morning, none of the vehicles have their lights on. There were a couple of screenshots from pervious blogs of the new lighting system that showed AI vehicles and player vehicles where they lights weren't working properly. I wonder if perhaps vehicle lights are giving SCS a hard time, or maybe it could just be something they haven't implemented yet. I'm really curious to see what the vehicle lights will look like after the implementation of the new lighting system.

Return to “General discussion about the game”