I'm sorry this has to be said, the terrible state of AI traffic

Robinicus

Re: I'm sorry this has to be said, the terrible state of AI traffic

#71 Post by Robinicus » 22 Nov 2020 15:58

Yeah, that is annoying as well @hallux; they seem to do ok if the right lane is the open lane but if it is the left and they have to do a lane change they always stop.
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

supersobes
Global moderator

#72 Post by supersobes » 22 Nov 2020 16:30

As far as I know, it's possible in the map editor to stop the AI traffic from using a certain lane on prefabs, so it should possible to stop the AI traffic from using and stopping in the ramp to the weigh stations. Yes, that means that the AI trucks wouldn't be able to use the weigh station making the player the only truck in the entire world that ever gets weighed, but in my opinion, that would be a better option than allowing the AI cars to stop in the middle of the lane.

Some newbie driver

#73 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Nov 2020 17:25

And doesn't the map editor can set "filter" rules of what traffic can go on certain road sectors? Because in gas stations it's mostly respected by AI that trucks go to truck side and cars to car side.

There's also a place in the reworked Germany that trucks are obliged to drive on a single lane at 60 while the other 2 are for cars and can go at regular speed; and for what I've seen all the times driving there, the AI respects that signaling.

So, just coincidences of my play time or is that possible? If would be the last, it should be applied the same way to weight stations.

Regards

Robinicus

#74 Post by Robinicus » 22 Nov 2020 18:01

FYI - I put this updated version of my original version together based on this topic....it does not completely resolve everything by any means but I am finding it much less frustrating....especially the changes I made on the yield parameters.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2295407309

If you want to tweak it on your own to fine tune, it will be in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\270880 directory (assuming default install) and search for 2295407309 (or just add it to the address line).
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

dtruesdale

#75 Post by dtruesdale » 24 Nov 2020 14:16

AI needs a very well done redo...... in meaning I know we have morons on the road that do things as the AI but, there are also drivers especially trucks that when coming up to a merge lane they move to the left to let the oncoming traffic merge without having to stop as long as there is not a vehicle in the left lane. In game that left lane is empty and traffic just keeps coming up the right lane and ends up causing a traffic jam and not allowing traffic on the highway with a left lane so empty I could park 50 vehicles on it just to match the right lane. Maybe create a simple algorithm that says 1 out of 20 vehicles can be a moron and not move to the left even if the left lane is empty. All trucks would move left before a merge lane unless there is traffic in the left lane next to them. The road rage antics seem to be a high percentage rate. The guy that passes you and then pulls in front of you to just slam on his brakes with no traffic in front of him for miles. I think by now the idea is there that this is not true traffic. If your taking major city examples well that is there when your out in rural areas this is not really traffic.

joschac2

#76 Post by joschac2 » 24 Nov 2020 16:50

And make sure Ai cars can't stop on merge ramps. Make the AI use the shoulder if it comes to it
Last edited by joschac2 on 24 Nov 2020 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Voltaire1971

#77 Post by Voltaire1971 » 24 Nov 2020 16:55

The OP is your friend. He speaks the absolute truth.

Qrusher14242

#78 Post by Qrusher14242 » 27 Nov 2020 07:21

Just drove through Colorado for the first time and noticed at least 3 instances when the AI took a right on a red without stopping. 1 time they hit me. I've never seen that before. But i've seen everything else in this thread and these AI hiccups really start to add up. Ai braking on just about every turn ( sometimes down to 30 in a 65 zone), and braking real hard for offramps is a bad one too.

I would be fine if they focused a lot of their efforts on the AI. The new DLC's are fun dont get me wrong, but the AI seems to be getting worse and not better. They are either far too aggressive or really patient in other places where they shouldnt be. I think it should be the #1 priority for this game, but that's just me.

Hoffa82

#79 Post by Hoffa82 » 27 Nov 2020 07:50

I get the feeling it's inconsistent if the AI actually "see" the player. In some instances they yield perfectly, and others it's just like you're not there, and the run right into you.

I agree that fixing AI should be a high priority, if it's at all possible.
Most of the other issues is IMO minor nuisances, but the AI shenanigans is what's get me fuming most of the time

murdoch82

#80 Post by murdoch82 » 27 Nov 2020 08:03

yep, the A.I sure is a pain in the grass burner!

Merge issue is the worst, if "only" that could be solved. Either they wont let you merge or they just crash in to each other without you even being involved. I had that happen many times in just 2 short jobs this morning. Drive me nuts! xD

PC: AMD Ryzen R5 3600X, 2x8 Hyperx Fury RGB 3200 Mhz, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, Gigabyte 2060 Super, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 H-Shifter

Return to “General discussion about the game”