Come on SCS! We need Cascadia 2016 too =)

Are you want to see Cascadia 2016 in ATS by SCS?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 148

Kororuz

Come on SCS! We need Cascadia 2016 too =)

#1 Post by Kororuz » 21 Nov 2020 13:55

The recent teaser of the new truck delighted the player community. Me too. Very much. But is it possible not to agree that the truck of the 2015 model have its charm? In addition, when I was young, this truck was shown on screenshot. SCS, if you have any materials left, try to find a way to release this wonderful truck too. Please! Guys, support me! ;)

[ external image ]
Last edited by Kororuz on 21 Nov 2020 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
My mods:
Scratches on windshield(ATS,ETS2)
3D Interior Mod (ATS,ETS2)
and more[/i]
parasaurolophus67

Re: Come on SCS! We need Cascadia 2015 too =)

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 21 Nov 2020 13:57

its 2016 actually and I hate to say it but it might not be likely coming at this point. It might be scraped already possibly and we might not get it. The bright side is we got the 2019 one. True would love to have this version but its likely not gonna make it.
jarryed

#3 Post by jarryed » 21 Nov 2020 13:57

No, it should not be added imho. That was a pre-licensing truck that SCS used to get them into the door at some of the companies.

Matter of fact there is a disclaimer on the 2016 licensing blog:

Now comes the time for an explicit disclaimer - any vehicles and truck brands you will see pictured below this point in text are here only for illustrative purposes, and do not constitute any guarantee that they will be appearing in the game in any particular timeframe. We have implemented them as an experiment when trying to get the door opened. As you can see some of them are already in advanced enough stage to be technically prepared for integration into the game world, yet more are semi-finished and not yet ready for integration with the game engine.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Kororuz

#4 Post by Kororuz » 21 Nov 2020 13:59

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 21 Nov 2020 13:57 its 2016 actually and I hate to say it but it might not be likely coming at this point. It might be scraped already possibly and we might not get it. The bright side is we got the 2019 one. True would love to have this version but its likely not gonna make it.
Sometimes fantastic things happen. Maybe it's worth trying
My mods:
and more[/i]
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Nov 2020 14:03

No manufacturers has trucks in game older than initial release, each time asked it's has been a big never
Use a mod if you really need to drive the old Cascadia

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Kororuz

#6 Post by Kororuz » 21 Nov 2020 14:04

jarryed wrote: 21 Nov 2020 13:57 No, it should not be added imho. That was a pre-licensing truck that SCS used to get them into the door at some of the companies.

Matter of fact there is a disclaimer on the 2016 licensing blog:

Now comes the time for an explicit disclaimer - any vehicles and truck brands you will see pictured below this point in text are here only for illustrative purposes, and do not constitute any guarantee that they will be appearing in the game in any particular timeframe. We have implemented them as an experiment when trying to get the door opened. As you can see some of them are already in advanced enough stage to be technically prepared for integration into the game world, yet more are semi-finished and not yet ready for integration with the game engine.
I can't speak for others. But for me, this truck is almost classic. I understand that SCS has everything planned. But...
My mods:
and more[/i]
leo.arevalo12ss

#7 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 21 Nov 2020 14:30

I think they should release it because it would show the accomplishments of Daimler and Freightliner and now that they will have all 7 brands they could be able to release the old cascadia although the chances are small they are never 0
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
plykkegaard

#8 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Nov 2020 14:40

Please, it is not in the hands of SCS to release it
If they did release it and thus violated the license it is forever goodbye to ATS and ETS2

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#9 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Nov 2020 14:45

And evenif they had the license: if they release an old-style-made truck at the side of its newer counterpart made with CAD files, people would run horrified.
harishw8r

#10 Post by harishw8r » 21 Nov 2020 15:07

People horrifying due to quality shouldn’t be an issue, IMO, given that its not a latest model. Getting an old-modelled truck is better than not getting the truck at all. People who are sane enough will probably won’t make a scene out it.

I hope atleast some concerned authority from Daimler reads the forum and changes the mind (if not already) to let the truck in the game. That’s the best we could hope for.

If the truck didn’t make it, it would be more like a scar that would hurt everytime we read the licensing blog of 2016, just to see that one picture 😕

But for now, let’s enjoy the new truck. As I mentioned in some other thread, there probably should be some sort of announcement regarding the old one once all the hype for the new model is subsided.

Return to “General discussion about the game”