joschac2

Re: REKT!! You're Doing it Wrong.

#91 Post by joschac2 » 16 Mar 2021 12:08

@Reignman Make that Co-insurance 100%
nautofon

#92 Post by nautofon » 17 Mar 2021 07:34

34% down to 2% … nice work! :)

I've been enjoying this thread. I hope this doesn't mean updates will stop!
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Reignman

#93 Post by Reignman » 18 Mar 2021 18:26

@joschac2 holy jeeez, how'd you manage that? Based on this thread, I was beginning to think I was the worst driver this game had ever seen. Now we need the story on how you got to 100%. Sounds like you should either be sharing more screenshots here, or in the When Pigs Fly! thread. I can't be the only one having this much fun.
nautofon wrote: 17 Mar 2021 07:34I've been enjoying this thread. I hope this doesn't mean updates will stop!
My accidental accidents have declined lately as I haven't had as much time to play, because I've been busy trying to find a GPU for my new PC ... DO NOT try to build a new PC atm. And DO NOT ruin your current GPU, because you WILL NOT find a replacement in this market lol. Meanwhile there's an entirely different thread for my intentional intentions ;) . I just wish more of you had some accidental accidents to share. Maybe Nautofon could take a break from writing down directions and get himself into a few more accidents haha? Or maybe get into some accidents while writing directions down? :lol:
BlackBloodRum

#94 Post by BlackBloodRum » 18 Mar 2021 18:47

How? Just how? I mean how such high co-insurance? I've found it seems to be capped at 12% because I've never seen it above this, both on ATS and ETS2 (with mod).. and I often drink and drive on ATS/ETS2 - and I'm a keyboard player.. So it must be very difficult to get such high percentage :lol:
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
joschac2

#95 Post by joschac2 » 18 Mar 2021 19:38

Back in 2016/ 2017 I was really bad at driving, so yea.

Now and days, My Co pay is like 2% mostly 1%
nautofon

#96 Post by nautofon » 19 Mar 2021 11:15

I think the highest I had was around 30%. But after playing with severely reduced income factor for a while, with accidents really hurting my wallet, I've learned to drive more carefully. Never managed to get below 2% though, so I guess there's still room to improve!

I used to get into a lot of crazy accidents after switching from ATS to the desktop, for example to take notes. I steer with the mouse, and switching back from say a text editor to ATS usually causes the mouse position to reset (at least on the Mac), which always results in a bad wreck when done at speed. If you need more screenshots for this thread, I can recommend this ;). The workaround is to pause the game, or hit Esc first to get to the game menu before tabbing out of ATS. That way the mouse reset only affects the cursor in the menu/pause screen and doesn't influence the steering.

When I do get into anything worth sharing, I'll be sure to post it here. :)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
hangman005

#97 Post by hangman005 » 23 Mar 2021 13:40

[ external image ]

I swear this was not entirely my fault, the crash actually happened about 40seconds before I remembered this thread and took the snap, But the white car was tailgating the SUV long before we approached the lights, which were green and were green about 20 seconds after this crash, but first car stops on a dime, second car rear ends him but also stops on a dime.... My truck does not stop on a dime :lol:
Reignman

#98 Post by Reignman » 23 Mar 2021 19:50

BlackBloodRum wrote: 18 Mar 2021 18:47How? Just how? I mean how such high co-insurance?
When you realize money isn't really a factor in this game and aren't penalized in any meaningful way by having too many accidents, after awhile you don't care too much about the AI traffic or traffic laws lol. It can take a long time to get a heavy load back up to highway speed, so if you don't slow down for obstacles, or for traffic lights, you can get to your destination quicker haha. It depends on what mood I'm in that day.
joschac2 wrote: 18 Mar 2021 19:38Now and days, My Co pay is like 2% mostly 1%
I believe the lowest is 2%.
nautofon wrote: 19 Mar 2021 11:15I think the highest I had was around 30%. But after playing with severely reduced income factor for a while, with accidents really hurting my wallet, I've learned to drive more carefully. Never managed to get below 2% though, so I guess there's still room to improve!
Maybe I'll have to try that reduced income mod to make me a better driver, or one that cares xD. And like I mentioned above, I think 2% is the lowest insurance rate. I went from 30% back down to 2% quickly by driving like a good boy, but now I've been at 2% for a long time despite still driving like a good boy.
nautofon wrote: 19 Mar 2021 11:15I used to get into a lot of crazy accidents after switching from ATS to the desktop, for example to take notes. I steer with the mouse, and switching back from say a text editor
Ahhh yeah, that'll do it, tabbing out without pausing. You'll eventually hear your truck crunching into things in the background and you'll be like :oops: with a little :x and a dash of :(
hangman005 wrote: 23 Mar 2021 13:40I swear this was not entirely my fault
Tis but a scratch. Las Vegas Knights eh? You hauling some hockey equipment around or something?
Bob123412

#99 Post by Bob123412 » 25 Mar 2021 21:03

I made a short video compilation of some of my crashes.
Reignman

#100 Post by Reignman » 28 Mar 2021 01:42

Video?! Nice! Now Bob is doing it right ... this thread I mean haha. Some of those crashes brought back memories. And the AI traffic in some of those? What the heck lol? Especially that car at the end. Couldn't see the huge truck parked in the middle of the road I guess. Probably on his mobile or something. I hope to be posting video eventually, instead of all the pics.

Return to “General discussion about the game”