REKT!! You're Doing it Wrong.

BlackBloodRum

Re: REKT!! You're Doing it Wrong.

#81 Post by BlackBloodRum » 06 Mar 2021 03:02

Yup.. only I could successfully run out of air pressure half way out in a junction and be unable to move...

[ external image ]

(Heavy traffic stop/start.. too much parking break not enough move...)
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
Bandit & The Snowman

#83 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 11 Mar 2021 23:06

When you're a keyboard driver, using the parking brake can help during heavy maneuvering because it consumes less air than the service brake.
abasstreppas

#84 Post by abasstreppas » 11 Mar 2021 23:35

Ah, haven't noticed that. Nice hint, thanks ;)
Reignman

#85 Post by Reignman » 14 Mar 2021 18:52

BlackBloodRum wrote: 06 Mar 2021 03:02Yup.. only I could successfully run out of air pressure half way out in a junction and be unable to move...
Ooof, yeah I don't know how you guys do it, playing with air pressure on. I tried it once .... yeah just once xD. Just for the misery of it, I think I'll try it again the next time I park a b-triple. Just to see how much longer it takes. Someone posted a video around here of them parking a double, with air pressure on, and even with the video sped up, that looked painful.

This is what happens when your crappy 12yo PC decides to lag at the wrong time. Yep, that's exactly how it happened *whistle*. Doesn't help that I have to steer with the keyboard.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

And in case you ever wondered, all the water in this game is frozen solid lol. My truck is laying on the water like it's concrete or something, otherwise I think I would have went completely over the edge. How solid was that load secured though? Not a single pressure tank was lost that day.
BlackBloodRum

#86 Post by BlackBloodRum » 15 Mar 2021 01:00

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 11 Mar 2021 23:06 When you're a keyboard driver, using the parking brake can help during heavy maneuvering because it consumes less air than the service brake.
Yeah.. keyboard player here.. So that happened during the passport check area. The traffic was heavy and stop-start, I must have stopped about 15 times within a 2 minute window of time.. when I stop I have a habit of hitting the parking break from hauling heavy stuff all the time to stop rolling back or forward when stationary due to trailer weight (think hills).

So I hit breaks because a car came out of no where.. then well.. yup no pressure. :lol:

I always have all the "simulation" features enabled, advanced coupling, air pressure, fines, always advance park etc etc. Thankfully it's rare to run out of pressure.

It's all good fun though :lol:
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
supersobes
Global moderator

#87 Post by supersobes » 15 Mar 2021 01:08

That one is oddly reminiscent of an accident that happened here in Virginia last year. This truck was traveling over a bridge on Interstate 64 near Chesapeake, Virginia when a strong gust of wind blew it over the guardrail, leaving it dangling above the Elizabeth River.

[ external image ]
abasstreppas

#88 Post by abasstreppas » 15 Mar 2021 01:17

Jeez, if that driver made it I guess he/she will have nightmares every night after that :o
supersobes
Global moderator

#89 Post by supersobes » 15 Mar 2021 01:24

@abasstreppas According to reports about the accident, the driver was mostly alright. He was rescued from the truck by the fire department and taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Reignman

#90 Post by Reignman » 16 Mar 2021 02:51

supersobes wrote: 15 Mar 2021 01:08That one is oddly reminiscent of an accident that happened here in Virginia last year. This truck was traveling over a bridge on Interstate 64 near Chesapeake, Virginia when a strong gust of wind blew it over the guardrail, leaving it dangling above the Elizabeth River.
Nice! He's definitely doing it wrong :lol: . I wonder if real life lagged on him. Cuz that's totally what happened to me. Yep, I'm still sticking with that story, makes total sense.

On a related note, I've been mostly driving like a good boy lately, which is why I haven't had much to share here lately. As a results, my co-insurance rate is back down to 2%. Yay me! It was up around 34-35% once upon a time.

Return to “General discussion about the game”