ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

Roadkill

Re: ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

#121 Post by Roadkill » 23 Jan 2021 22:36

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 23 Jan 2021 20:08 people should stop comparing ETS/ATS with other games, the engine is over 20 years old and still cant use the full potential of modern hardware, so it will almost 99% be the case that you will bottleneck your CPU when you have to run the game + the "server" for it
@xXCARL1992Xx If it is made an option you could run the server and client on separate PC's. That would eliminate the CPU overhead.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
xXCARL1992Xx

#122 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jan 2021 22:40

SCS wont release any server software, your PC will be the server because you will just open it up for your friends, like Minecraft does it with the clint itself, first they have to get it working before they start to waste time on any server software, better yet would be to rework the game to take better advantage of newer hardware
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#123 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jan 2021 23:28

Far the easiest would be to create an independent program or servis aka server software
Otherwise you need to test and release the full game each time you deploy changes for the MP part
Which could mean less frequent updates and slow roll out

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#124 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jan 2021 23:34

the MP gets updates when the game gets one, and if there is something that needs fixing they just shove a patch out, why should it be done any differently then it currently is ?

bundle everything up to a major update, if it is critical patch it right away, no need to have 2 release cycles for 2 pieces of extra software just to run the game with 3 other friends, you can perfectly do it with the game, a software for it would be wasted time and effort in this size

when the game allows for more players in the future then it is needed but not for a 4 player coop round
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#125 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jan 2021 23:43

If you want the 20 years old monolith idea you are locked to the single core experience like you have today, sorry I don't see the benefit

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
HammerlaneHippie

#126 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 23 Jan 2021 23:59

plykkegaard wrote: 23 Jan 2021 15:58
Drayman wrote: 23 Jan 2021 15:42 .. these guys are blowing by me like I'm up on jacks.
Average players or some from the inner circle?
From what I have heard and experienced a lot of fuzzy stuff is going on
If these guys are average players, I want to be average too.

@Drayman Those road trains and powerful engines can be made without modding the game. They do it by save editing such as this example below.
AHA. I have been wondering what "save-editing" was.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
Corvinus

#127 Post by Corvinus » 25 Jan 2021 17:22

No thx. I'll happily do WoT events all day long, but I have no patience for griefing and crashing-for-fun'ers in true MP. Official MP will never have the strict rulesets put in place by very strict private server owners, as they will try to cater for everyone and their keyboard spamming cats.
HammerlaneHippie

#128 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 26 Jan 2021 14:40

supersobes wrote: 23 Jan 2021 16:29 @Drayman Those road trains and powerful engines can be made without modding the game. They do it by save editing such as this example below.
Thanks for the info but I'm not really interested in trailer mods. I'm more interested in upgrading my tractors with more powerful engines and transmissions.
Last edited by supersobes on 26 Jan 2021 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed video from quote [Forum rule 2.13]
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
ThunderSky

#129 Post by ThunderSky » 31 Jan 2021 02:48

I don't really understand why SCS shouldn't be able to run a with 4000 players "because of money".
I may be 100% wrong but, TMP has 5+ servers with 2000 to 4500 slots. This means TMP has to pay a lot every month and (I could be 100% wrong) they only get money from patreon and merchandise.
So, if TMP can run a FREE multiplayer, why SCS shouldn't be able with all the revenue from legacy and steam copys sold every minute?

Now, I'm sure they will start from 8 - 12 or 32, but I don't think SCS won't be able to make big servers.
If SCS choose to be paid for the multiplayer ( impossible IMO ) they won't get any player on, who played TMP for over 6 years, won't change with a paid multiplayer, who played single player for 6 years, won't choose to pay.

Immagine having 100 players for a convoy ( I saw 100 to 250 players in a convoy many times, especialy for special events), I don't think the guy with a 7mb download and 1m upload will be able to host that. Not everyone has 1g upload and 1gb download, plus, imagine the lag from poor connection.

The multiplayer can't be paid and shouln't be hosted on players.
xXCARL1992Xx

#130 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Jan 2021 09:30

TMP is run by volunteers, SCS would have to especially hire people who would moderate the servers and this is more expensive then a server, then comes the whole moderating s***, checking reports and making decisions etc. etc. this is more money burning then it is worth for such a "small" game
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”