ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

Marcello Julio

Re: ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

#101 Post by Marcello Julio » 06 Jan 2021 13:13

I'm sure that SCS already has everything planned for all aspects of multiplayer, which should include the question of customizations DLC and trailers DLC. As we will have in addition to Multiplayer the new lighting system, for sure Prisma 3D will have a major update which should not risk the performance.
Regarding the number of players in Multiplayer, at the beginning I believe it will be around 6 players and in the future they should expand up to 10 players.
Some newbie driver

#102 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Jan 2021 14:21

BTW, I didn't see nobody mentioning it so far but the upcoming multi-player could be a good excuse to add into the game a customized driver avatar. Who knows if we would see that to be added too.

Regards

PS: I can hear already the distant roar emerging from lots of throats claiming "SCS had a lot of other more important things to do!" :mrgreen:
flight50

#103 Post by flight50 » 06 Jan 2021 14:29

^Yeah you know some will complain about MP because the feature they wanted is not addressed. Pavel already said the team working MP is the same team working the new WoT. So they are multi tasking MP to get it off the ground. Once WoT launches, no telling what all comes about but I'm excited about the future possibilities.
HammerlaneHippie

#104 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 17 Jan 2021 16:48

I'm excited too. Every time I play TMP I get more disappointed with it.

For instance, I drive a Mack Anthem in TMP only because it is the only truck with an available 12 speed. Regrettably, the most powerful engine for it is only 505 hp. If I use that truck in single player and upgrade to a more powerful engine then go back to TMP I find that it has reverted to a 345 hp engine and a 10 speed so I have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to rebuild my driveline because TMP doesn't allow mods.

Furthermore, there is no AI traffic there so you get a lot of idiots doing stupid things that AI traffic would otherwise prevent. Examples. Drivers taking up six lanes of road to make turns because there is no traffic to force them to make a proper turn. Also, I was overtaken on a two lane street in a small town by a driver doing highway speed on the wrong side of the road.

I do hope SCS gets their multiplayer up and running soon.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
flight50

#105 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2021 01:49

The key to SCS MP is user control with private servers. You can choose who you play with. If SCS has a lobby as well yet still on a small scale, perhaps there will be something in play for improper play to penalize people. A reputation system helps.
MikeAK79

#106 Post by MikeAK79 » 23 Jan 2021 08:21

Decided to join TruckersMP tonight for the first time in over a year. I use to play it exclusively. I belonged to a VTC and did the whole thing to the max. Then as the mod community for ATS started to take off I found myself wanting to stay in my own career mode more and more until I just totally abandoned MP for good.

Tonight was a real revelation for me. Before tonight I was of the opinion that I could live without mod support in SCS's MP but after tonight I am firmly in the "Must have mod support" camp and won't ever change my mind. SCS needs to have mod support. They just do. The ATS modding community has completely exploded with some pretty talented modders out there doing amazing work. I was shocked out how much different my experience was tonight without all the sound, visual and gameplay mods I usually run when I play my career mode.

This is just my opinion and I don't pretend to know everything or speak for others but without mod support I personally feel SCS's MP will be dead in the water and after the initial honeymoon period most people will gravitate back to their career mode where the much loved mods we all know and use will be. Not being able to use my Viper 389 with ZeeMods N14 tonight was a shocker. That setup for me is such an immersive experience that I almost don't want to play without it.
flight50

#107 Post by flight50 » 23 Jan 2021 15:23

Yeah, mod support can make or break SCS MP. I honestly think they'll make it possible. I see MP being just as the game is now but with the ability to play MP. How they get all this working is what is w.i.p. now.
HammerlaneHippie

#108 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 23 Jan 2021 15:42

It seems to me that somebody is getting mods into TMP but I can neither prove it nor figure out how to do it. I've seen rigs in there that I don't think are stock trucks and/or trailers. (A four trailer road train with 48 footers and a double lowbed hauling two scrapers). Plus there is evidence of more powerful engines. My W900 has the biggest engine available, (625 hp Cat), with an 18 speed and I am constantly being overtaken by trucks with bigger heavier loads. My rig tops out at about 81 mph and these guys are blowing by me like I'm up on jacks. Or maybe they just know how to mod trucks so that they slip by the "no mods" rule without being detected
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
Some newbie driver

#109 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Jan 2021 15:48

MikeAK79 wrote: 23 Jan 2021 08:21 I personally feel SCS's MP will be dead in the water and after the initial honeymoon period [s]most people[/s] will gravitate back to their career mode where the much loved mods we all know and use will be.
I agree that mod support on MP mode will make it more appealing as it will cover the interest of more players. But mod-users use to over-estimate (by HIGH margins) the amount of people that plays with mods. Most people DON'T use mods, mod users are a small minority of the player base. So the success of a feature doesn't come from the point of being modable or not; it's just the cherry on the cake. That could be on the very beginning when the game was starting, SCS a small company and the amount of content in the game that they could deliver small. That's no more the situation.

So, of course, MP will be a no way for you if doesn't allow mods because the reasons you explained regarding your preferences. But it's a mistake to believe your situation is majority enough to have a real impact. I would say more; even if SCS pretends to allow mods in MP mode; probably it won't be available on release time. It could be a NIGHTMARE for them to debug the new game mode problems (that for sure there will be tons of them) with the mods messing around.

Regards
plykkegaard

#110 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jan 2021 15:58

Drayman wrote: 23 Jan 2021 15:42 .. these guys are blowing by me like I'm up on jacks.
Average players or some from the inner circle?
From what I have heard and experienced a lot of fuzzy stuff is going on

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”