ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

flight50

Re: ATS Multiplayer Discussion.

#151 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 13:05

@Timmy Are you planning to make a new sub-forum for SCS MP by any chance? That way we don't clutter of other sub-forum or General threads. If you guys are or will plan for VTC's, a sub-forum will be cool to setup all that type of stuff.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see a blog today. If not MP, at least on something. Send us into a great weekend. In regards to MMO, I totally agree to keep it small scale. One thing that ruins TruckersMP for a lot of people is the horseplay that goes on in there. Most mature people don't want to deal with it. Not only that, truckersMP is a ghost town. I only tried it once and I never returned. Not to my liking at all. But to each is own. Some like it, some don't.
Texshi

#152 Post by Texshi » 14 May 2021 13:11

Which as folks pointed out i get it takes resources and time to monitor, still splitting the playerbase a bit. but I still support the multiplayer, maybe they'll expand on it.

But it's never usually a ghost town for me I mean yeah 300 players is small when it's a mega map but still nice to know I guess.
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#153 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 14:11

Ghost town as far as no AI. Its only semi trucks and that's not realistic for me. The AI is bad but still they add the immersion I need to play.
Texshi

#154 Post by Texshi » 14 May 2021 14:54

Ah yeah no A.I I don't get why that is removed but eh I guess performance reasons
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
plykkegaard

#155 Post by plykkegaard » 14 May 2021 15:00

Performance reasons afaik

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#156 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 18:15

I know TruckersMP was suppose to be adding it. The one guy they had to code it took a break or something like that. Something happened with the process. There was a youtube video of TruckersMP experimenting with it though.
Solitaire

#157 Post by Solitaire » 15 May 2021 05:55

I can't wait to have SCS Multiplayer.
We are 3 to play together, when we wanted to ride together we had no choice, we had to go through TruckersMP, but ...

If we ignore the lack of AI traffic we have a plethora of Trolls, last week we made one last attempt on the so-called RP server.

Over 200 kms after having avoided the drivers who forgot that they had a little thing called a "trailer" and who fall back on you as soon as they have passed the tractor or who are forcing to go to the toll before you, there is has one who on a 2-lane straight line at the last moment gave a steering wheel to make me a head-on collision.
He dared to put "Sorry np" on me exactly as if it was me who had caused the accident.

Report the accident ? Useless this donkey will be replaced immediately by another.

So I uninstalled TruckersMP and I'm calmly waiting for the SCS server to exit, getting shot by the AI ​​won't cause me any hysterics
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#158 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 15 May 2021 08:59

TruckersMP has toxic trolls, this is why i am not playing TruckersMP
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
flight50

#159 Post by flight50 » 15 May 2021 13:43

I never really cared for MP until SCS mentioned its coming on the xmas stream. Their version is something I'd give a shot. I can't wait for that official blog to soak in all the details about it.
Freeze338

#160 Post by Freeze338 » 15 May 2021 15:07

Marcello Julio wrote: 14 May 2021 11:59 An approach to an MMO system requires much more resources than the approach to creating a private lobby system. In an MMO style you need dedicated people to always be observe if a problem will happen, more server capacity, among other things.
MMO in early stages is not making any sense to me either. But 4-5 years later after official multiplayer release they should go for MMO option alongside with private servers system. If they can use right, multiplayer could bring lot's of money and they won't have to stuck map DLC's financially.

Return to “General discussion about the game”