ATS 1.40 discussion

Ludo Diabolo

Re: ATS 1.40 discussion

#2291 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 14 Jun 2021 22:23

I only got it for ETS2 because ATS and Open Beta version, but not ETS2 but yes indeed 70 MB of update...
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Grizzly

#2292 Post by Grizzly » 14 Jun 2021 23:29

It's a work around for the corrupted steam cloud profiles issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/d ... 4722737626
Max
SCS Software

#2293 Post by Max » 15 Jun 2021 05:38

i can confirm that new builds contain some workaround to prevent using broken part of Steam Cloud API as well as code that tries to fix any corrupted profile it finds.
it should work ... at least until valve tries to repair the issue .. :twisted:
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
denisse

#2294 Post by denisse » 15 Jul 2021 10:47

The engine can run as much as one hundred forty four fps here, however it's far traumatic to get stutters or lack of frames and now no longer having right antialiasing too (again, is TAA feasible?).

The choice to have excessive refresh is there and it works, however then the engine wishes optimizations so it does now no longer do the ones lousy hiccups that damage the immersion. Even having succesful hardware you get stutters and much less fps in lots of areas.
edo1952

#2295 Post by edo1952 » 16 Aug 2021 03:44

I agree the headlight brightness at night is getting accurate to life. I've found in real life that certain types of headlights have been particularly bad at night, especially some older designs. The worst are the large rectangular headlights used in the USA during the 1980s and 1990s. They were OK on cars, but the higher off the road they were mounted, as on trucks, the lighting got very poor and dim. The small rectangular headlamps didn't have that problem; they were generally good. Newer aerodynamic headlights used in the US have varied widely in how well they illuminate the road ahead.

If there was one thing I'd change about the headlights in the new lighting, it would be to add more light scatter to the side. The beam is focused almost strictly straight ahead. In real life, there is more dim light scatter to the sides, which is actually helpful when approaching parking spaces -- you can pick put the lines in the dim side-scatter from the headlights and turn into a space more easily. The current headlight behavior doesn't have much side scatter, so finding a parking space in the dark is harder than in real life.
In a real truck like in a car you can adjust the angle of the lamp there are 2 screws on the light assembly
However I agree with the rest of the analysis having worked in the road/industry for 25 years.
More scatter on the left side please without a guardrail or reflectors and pitch dark sky is an 'accident waiting to happen'.

TY

Return to “General discussion about the game”