ATS 1.40 discussion

gaillard

Re: ATS 1.40 discussion

#2191 Post by gaillard » 10 Apr 2021 20:03

Oh boys! Flight Sim and Truck Sim are fantasy worlds, and in MY fantasies the sky is always pure blue. Dream BIG!
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#2192 Post by BattlePeasant » 17 Apr 2021 15:30

I have not read all the previous discussion pages, probably someone has already spoken about this. The dashboard is very dark. The backlight should be much brighter at night. During the day, the dashboard should be clearly visible even in cloudy weather. Now, at night, the scales are almost invisible, in the evening they are not visible at all, in the daytime they are clearly visible if light falls on them. Hopefully this will be fixed before the release of the Texas DLC.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
Trucker_71

#2193 Post by Trucker_71 » 17 Apr 2021 15:43

@BattlePeasant Texas!?! I'm still waiting for Wyoming!
BattlePeasant

#2194 Post by BattlePeasant » 17 Apr 2021 16:32

No, I've had enough mountains.
flight50

#2195 Post by flight50 » 17 Apr 2021 18:16

We only have a couple more mountainous areas in the West to get thru then it will be all Great Plains and MidWest with much lower elevations for the next 6-7 years until the Appalachian Mountains kicks in. There were be some sporadic mountains like Eastern Oklahoma, Western Arkansas and Western South Dakota around the Black Hills for examples, but all in all, the lands are about to get much lower a flatter. I think the devs will catch a break from all the detailing in landscaping. Perhaps that energy and focus can go into more complex road networks until we hit East. I am hoping for density with backroads to industry like logging, farming and oil/gas. Irl, there are mazes to get to some of this stuff. In opens space surely there will be some challenges in the distance but I'm sure something can get worked out. If SCS can piece together more complex prefabs that involves multiple drop zone in one huge complex, that would be awesome. Example, a huge farm with 2-3 pickup and drops off. Basically 2-3 small farms put together to make it seem like one huge farm.

Complex depots like livestock, crop farms, construction sites, mines and logging can all be a lot more complex than what they are now. If we can get shopping areas like Wallbert and HomeStore side by side, we can get 2+ depots out in remote areas to create complex prefabs. The closest we have is Gallon Gas in Price, Moab and Vernal. There is a descent little maze going on to get to these. More off road industries can have something similar. The prefabs could be even tighter too. Distribution Warehouses like Walmart is another prefab that could be more complex. We could have two large buildings connected but still separate depots to make it look like one. One building takes care of food distribution. The other building takes car of clothing, electronics or something. Two entrances but the lots are connected. You can have in docks and out docks. A lot more companies per industries are necessary to bring more diversity to the economy and manufacturing and distribution is one. Logistics is another huge one. Looking into ATS's big brother, there are like 15 farm companies, 8 food processing companies, 25 general logistics companies, 5 oil refineries, 8 quarry companies......Hopefully someday ATS will get opened up like that for options.

If you had enough of the mountains though, both Wyoming and Texas should be mostly to your liking and provide you will relief. Wyoming first, then Texas so we are looking at this time next year perhaps to get Texas worst case scenario maybe. With Texas, once you get out of the drier Great Basin area, you leave desert and dry behind for good and very little elevations to work about for quite awhile.
John29

#2196 Post by John29 » 17 Apr 2021 20:46

I had never seen this detail before 1.40.
Nothing extraordinary but nice detail.

There is water just in the exit of the truck wash. It seem a truck is pass here lol

It’s the truck wash between Ketchum and twin falls.
Attachments
23A89391-CA09-4B38-BF91-A3AEBEB6BFD2.jpeg
flight50

#2197 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2021 00:55

That is a nice detail indeed. If they can do that, I wonder if they can do something like a random event spawning of a puddle of water during rainy moments and have vehicles do the tire water splash from it when the thread thru it.
parasaurolophus67

#2198 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 Apr 2021 01:00

you mean a puddle splash? I would LOVE to have that! :D
BattlePeasant

#2199 Post by BattlePeasant » 18 Apr 2021 02:02

In the three months that I played 1.39 (one, sometimes two deliveries a day), it only rained once during the trip. In other cases, it started raining after loading the game and ended quickly. I attached a load, saved the game with a clear sky, loaded the next day, and it rained there. And if you load the save, made a minute earlier, immediately after uncoupling the previous load, then the rain did not start. I did that sometimes.

I don't know if the weather was fixed at 1.40? I've only played a few times. I had to strain my eyes to see the speed, so I stopped playing. Now I'll wait for the release of Texas. The more the SCS fixes the flaws, the more chances that I will return to the game. The last time I hadn't played for over a year, I returned when I found out that now the distance to the marker on the map is shown. It was a great achievement! For many years people have been waiting for this.

Now I'm looking forward to changing the brightness of the dashboard (I don't count this as a great achievement, just a bug fix) and improving the weather system or improving traffic. I'll check how the new version works and decide whether to go to Texas.
flight50

#2200 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2021 02:48

You will have quite a wait til Texas comes out. Wyoming should be this Summer then Texas more than likely this time next year.

Return to “General discussion about the game”