ATS 1.40 discussion

SirVirgoTheMess

Re: ATS 1.40 Open Beta discussion

#41 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 04 Feb 2021 21:05

What i meant is,in ATS,the headlight bulbs are fading in and out with 1.40.But the lighting on the road from the headlights isn't fading in and out.Unlike the brake and reverse lights.
Marcello Julio

#42 Post by Marcello Julio » 04 Feb 2021 21:10

Guys, just reinforcing the first thread, any bug that you find or any thing do you find "strange" in the New Lighting system, reporting in the bug session is the best thing you can do: viewforum.php?f=278 You will be helping the developers fix these problems before the update becomes official!
NiamhFox

#43 Post by NiamhFox » 04 Feb 2021 21:13

I think the shimmering is more noticeable due to the brightness, I have experienced the same issue with the NaturaLux mod in the past for ETS2 but I am happy anyway and I love how the game looks now. I always hated that darkness the game had before. It feels now more believable and realistic in my opinion.
nervouspete

#44 Post by nervouspete » 04 Feb 2021 21:20

jarryed wrote: 04 Feb 2021 20:50 What I have feared has come true with the lighting. I would say a small gripe and one that we know SCS is aware of. The amount of shimmering in this is absolutely crazy.

Going through Pueblo, north on I-25 was just insane.

I'm liking the update but something seriously needs to be done about the shimmering.
I've been experimenting a bit and it seems that altering the config file to change the following from...

uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size "4096"

to:

uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size "8192"

... really does help. Though of course make a back-up of the file before you tinker!

This changes the previous Shadows Resolution Ultra to Shadows Resolution Custom and it does seem to deal quite a lot with the stair-stepping from a small test I had in evening twilight drive-about in Bend. I'll test it a bit further but it does seem to make a difference. SCS might want to include it as a general update, as I'm not noticing an FPS hit like I used to in bumping this up and newcomers to the game without tweaking experience might be put off.

The shimmer is still present but not to quite the same degree. The worst culprit at the moment is in overpasses...
Stairstepshadows7.jpg
The banding on the overpass creates a rippling wave that seems to run from one side to the other on approach. Pretty immersion breaking!

Other than that I can say that a lot of this graphics update I love! I've had a few sharp inhalations of breath at the beauty of the light at a junction filtering through... it felt real to me at one point. I'd say for SCS now the shimmer question should be the ultimate priority over anything else. Crack that and you'll have one of the best looking games around. x
"Peter you've lost the NEWS!"

Bored? Why not look at some mildly diverting pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com
J.Random

#45 Post by J.Random » 04 Feb 2021 21:27

How do I disable this "new and improved CC now always uses engine brake even when it's on 0 and changing EB intensity automatically engages it and drops you out of CC" feature?
jarryed

#46 Post by jarryed » 04 Feb 2021 21:28

@nervouspete

I have already done that actually. My config was changed to run the NPI tweaks from the guys at roextended. Removed NPI for this so I can get a vanilla experience.

I am liking the beta. I was just saying that the lighting things that I mentioned previously has come true. For some people this may not be bothersome. For me the shimmering makes the game look extremely ugly.

Not that I want to but I may have to re-enable the NPI settings just so my eyes don't bleed.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
SirVirgoTheMess

#47 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 04 Feb 2021 21:35

Marcello Julio wrote: 04 Feb 2021 21:10 Guys, just reinforcing the first thread, any bug that you find or any thing do you find "strange" in the New Lighting system, reporting in the bug session is the best thing you can do: viewforum.php?f=278 You will be helping the developers fix these problems before the update becomes official!
Well,i don't think what i was talking about is a bug.I think it's more like a suggestion,or feedback.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#48 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 04 Feb 2021 21:38

I am downlodading the update rn
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
nervouspete

#49 Post by nervouspete » 04 Feb 2021 21:39

jarryed wrote: 04 Feb 2021 21:28 @nervouspete

I have already done that actually. My config was changed to run the NPI tweaks from the guys at roextended. Removed NPI for this so I can get a vanilla experience.

I am liking the beta. I was just saying that the lighting things that I mentioned previously has come true. For some people this may not be bothersome. For me the shimmering makes the game look extremely ugly.

Not that I want to but I may have to re-enable the NPI settings just so my eyes don't bleed.
@jarryed

Neat, I've been tempted to try the NPI thing proper, but was a bit intimidated by the instructions. Maybe I'll finally give it a go. Let me know if NPI plays nice with this update if you do try it! :)
"Peter you've lost the NEWS!"

Bored? Why not look at some mildly diverting pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com
Shiva

#50 Post by Shiva » 04 Feb 2021 21:55

SuchManor wrote: 04 Feb 2021 19:41 Way ahead of you @flight50 . Here is what I found on my first pass that stood out.
https://i.imgur.com/x4d8Lqn.png
https://i.imgur.com/lH5irQX.png
https://i.imgur.com/yTOh6gN.png
Almost all of the signs in the game have been reworked in size to be more true to real life. Lots of new options for poles on signs.
As for Wyoming assets, not much yet. Most of what I saw has been stuff we've seen in blog posts.
The I-25, US-20, US-26 sign?
I found it here IRL.
+ cheers for the sign checkup.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”