Type of Trailer Assigned versus Actual Cargo Load

Ness

Re: Type of Trailer Assigned versus Actual Cargo Load

#21 Post by Ness » 13 Apr 2021 07:53

I'm just sick of transporting empty pallets everywhere.

I'd love to flatbed but even the flatbed cargo selection is severely lacking.
flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 13 Apr 2021 07:58

@overfloater That start point was the Kennecott Copper mine in Salt Lake City. That location is saying Coastline Mining now but the markup stated it was HMS on the cargo list back when I made that post in February. I'm not sure what happened but looks like it was changed at some point to not be HMS anymore. There is no HMS in Salt Lake City anymore. At any rate, that location is a mine based on the green flag versus the red flag. The highlighted job path is the load from Salt Lake to Huron, Ca which would be from the mine to a farm.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@bwae I hear ya. Empty pallets and used packaging are annoying. We should at least get empty pallets on flatbeds for variety. We have pallets modeled in the game already. Load them on a trailer and make it cargo to haul. Pallets are a common load in the US, visible to all to see or concealed in a trailer. Flatbeds, step decks, reefers, dry vans, curtain siders and sliding tarps can all haul these.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#23 Post by supersobes » 13 Apr 2021 12:23

I remember that xXCARL1992Xx made this mod for ETS2 that added the empty pallets cargo to the flatbed trailers in ETS2. This would definitely be something nice to see in the vanilla game.

[ external image ]
flight50

#24 Post by flight50 » 13 Apr 2021 12:35

I wish I had time to learn to mod. I'd make every single load in the ATS flatbed thread. At the least, I can make all the simpler boxy type models. Vehicles and equipment would be trickier to learn to do. Way to many loads can be added for industries that are already existing. Core and dlc's cargo.........there is a plethora of them. The lack of cargo is exactly why this poll now existing to follow up with the cargo threads in my signature. There is little emphasis on the most important purpose of the game.......cargo. Transporting cargo to and from an industry is what the game is about. Along the way, new companies develops. The term ICC's is what I use to describe ATS's biggest needs. New industries, new cargo and new companies.

With Iberia's release, yesterday I counted the number of companies both games have. ATS has 46 companies using the Wiki for Companies that is updated with every new map dlc. ETS2 now has 170 companies. ATS is not exactly a small map anymore. Wyoming and Texas are coming and combined, I doubt we even get close to 30 new companies to break 100 companies in the game. I'll never understand how so many new companies can come per new dlc for one game but not for the other. That's a head scratcher. For two games that already have fake names, why is there such an imbalance for "new companies". An explanation would be nice.....a valid one. States in the US are like countries Europe. Every state can have new companies just like they can have national chains. There's just simply not enough company variety in ATS and that to me points to just not caring enough about the ATS brand. I don't know who is responsible for such decisions but I'd have to look at things starting from the top....Pavel. As much as I like Pavel, the ball is dropped for ICC's in ATS. Get more variety in ATS please.
Ness

#25 Post by Ness » 14 Apr 2021 02:36

I'm considering on making a cargo mod for flatbeds for ATS,
my issue is that just the way cargos work in ATS/ETS2 are frustrating. Instead of a accessory system each cargo needs to be made specifically for the trailer, which means stuff like randomized cars on car haulers aren't possible.

I do have some plans on what kind of stuff I'd do, just need to figure out the system first :?
Grizzly

#26 Post by Grizzly » 14 Apr 2021 05:04

That would be awesome, there have been quite a few flatbed mods, but it's usually a new trailer model with few loads and they don't address the issue with lack of load variety. If you do it make sure you have a paypal account ;)
flight50

#27 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2021 06:07

New trailer type isn't what I'd wish for. I'd rather still be able to have SCS loads spawn. So I assume one could use SCS default trailers and just expand the cargo. But I don't know how it works. SCS should really be doing this though. More of a reason to have a dedicated cargo team.
Gootho717

#28 Post by Gootho717 » 14 Apr 2021 14:41

I used a lot my conestoga (sliding tarp) trailer for a while but it felt kinda odd/weird hauling furniture, tires, toys, etc. on it so I changed to a dry-van trailer for the time being.
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile

Return to “General discussion about the game”