Type of Trailer Assigned versus Actual Cargo Load

SmokeyWolf

Re: Type of Trailer Assigned versus Actual Cargo Load

#11 Post by SmokeyWolf » 15 Feb 2021 17:17

@flight50 milk should be ran from Bushnell to Global Mills to finished good then to Wallbert.

I can nitpick at this all day too.
flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 15 Feb 2021 18:53

Global Mills feels more like a Quaker Oates grain type company. We need a Oak Farm or Borden to do dairy products.
supersobes
Global moderator

#13 Post by supersobes » 15 Feb 2021 19:42

What we need is a dairy bottling plant, a place where raw milk comes in, gets pasteurized, bottled, palletized, and shipped out for distribution.
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 15 Feb 2021 20:34

^Exactly. That's what Borden or Oak Farms would do. Same with the meat industry. We have meat in the game (to livestock level yet) and if we ever get livestock, we need that Tyson's, Pilgrim's Pride, JBS or Cargille. Fill in the gaps in between cargo depot. If we ever get multi drop, having these proper chains in the game would be awesome. Pick up fertilizer, corn meal/hay or bone meal and deliver to Bushnell. At Bushnell pick a tanker of milk and deliver to Oak Farms. From Oak Farms, pick up a load of boxed/packaged milk to deliver to Walbert or some new grocery chain. If this was multi drop, you get to take the product from start to finish in all phases.

It would be cool to have appropriate cargo populate the ATS library and have them go to the correct destinations. Create a cargo team and let them keep track of all this stuff, not the vehicle team. I think cargo is too much and overwhelming the vehicle team. Let them focus on vehicles. The vehicle team needs a spin off cargo team bad. No point in making a game such as ATS/ETS2 if the game isn't about what you haul and what you get to haul it on.
ralph_l084

#15 Post by ralph_l084 » 15 Feb 2021 23:46

A curtainsider is nothing more than a flatbed with a permanent movable tarp. Why can't we haul flat bed loads on a curtainsider?
HammerlaneHippie

#16 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 03 Mar 2021 15:10

Did you mean a curtainsider or a sliding tarp flatbed. Some of the normal flatbed loads are available for sliding tarps. I have never used a curtainsider so I do not know about that.

There is a load of lumber available for a lowbed double. That would not happen in the real world.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
flight50

#17 Post by flight50 » 03 Mar 2021 19:47

@Drayman Yes @ralph_l084 must be referring to the sliding tarp because we don't have a curtain sider in ATS anymore. Hopefully someday SCS will bring it back and make it more accurate. What they tried to do was a 2 in 1. NA has flatbeds curtain siders and we have drop deck curtain sidesiders. What we had before was a hybrid. Basically a mid deck curtain sider and that does not exist. But curtain siders, drop decks, flatbeds and sliding tarps can all carry the exact same cargo because they are all flatbeds with covered kits.

The description for curtain sider is incorrect though. A curtain sider has a permanent front an rear but the sides are sliding vertical tarps that are basically like curtains. Sliding tarps don't have anything permanent and it moves as one unit. Unlike curtain siders have individual curtain tarps.
gearstripper

#18 Post by gearstripper » 21 Mar 2021 16:59

Totally agree. It’s programmed now as just willy nilly random assignments. Yesterday I had to transport a load of pellets used in steel making to - Walmart? Really? If there is one aspect in trucking that should be accurate (amongst a whole list) it’s the freight. Yeah, I agree also I just shake my head and laugh and move on.
Steeler Bud

#19 Post by Steeler Bud » 11 Apr 2021 13:49

gearstripper wrote: 21 Mar 2021 16:59 Totally agree. It’s programmed now as just willy nilly random assignments. Yesterday I had to transport a load of pellets used in steel making to - Walmart? Really? If there is one aspect in trucking that should be accurate (amongst a whole list) it’s the freight. Yeah, I agree also I just shake my head and laugh and move on.
I agree also. I am fairly new to the game but the cargo/freight issue is my biggest complaint. Most of the loads are not realistic at all. I love bull haulers but I cannot bring myself to pull one since you are usually going to a store or warehouse.
overfloater

#20 Post by overfloater » 13 Apr 2021 07:33

flight50 wrote: 14 Feb 2021 20:15Notice how we have aircraft engines, a combine and a crawler tractor. Neither you will find at a mine in real life.
http://i.imgur.com/wjt6vJul.jpg
That's not a mine. It's a machinery repair/maintenance facility, or at least it looks like one. In which case it makes perfect sense to carry all kinds of tractors to & from that place.

Return to “General discussion about the game”