Problem with my mega shifter from Tech Affliction

John29

Problem with my mega shifter from Tech Affliction

#1 Post by John29 » 17 Feb 2021 15:36

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with my shifter and Tech Affliction don’t answer to my mail.

The problem is my 2 buttons don’t do anything in game. The grey button (it’s 18 Eaton speed), can switch but no action in game and it’s the same for my black one.

I don’t know if it’s the Arduino interface that doesn’t work correctly or the magnetic detectors.

Thanks in advance for your advice or solutions!

And sorry for my English it’s not my mother language.
Attachments
EF648362-CABB-4845-94E1-FEDE403AFDE6.jpeg
jarryed

Re: Problem with my mega shifter from Tech Affliction

#2 Post by jarryed » 17 Feb 2021 15:45

Sadly TechAffliction turned into another money grab like CSIO. Don't ever expect them to reply to inquiries. This is now a company to avoid.

Do the buttons work in the Game Controller properties? You can get to this by using the Cortana search. Type in "set up USB game controller."

If you get no response from those after checking in the properties(red buttons will highlight if working properly) then something has gone wrong. If the shifter is not detected by your computer then the arduino or the cable is bad, or both.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
John29

#3 Post by John29 » 17 Feb 2021 16:28

@jarryed Thanks for your answer.

I have 3 buttons red in the game controller and the light in the arduino is working.
Attachments
ED19D8CE-BA37-4C90-9786-FA07B78768BE.jpeg
C4954844-0926-4010-B391-23A4D963B6C5.jpeg
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 17 Feb 2021 16:34

Did this all of a sudden just happen or did you just buy a used one from someone. My mega shifter worked great. I got mine before he tanked. But late last year, I updated to a STG shift even though my mega shifter still worked great. STG is on this forum as well. Much more reliable than CSIO and TA. I have dealt with all three. I don’t think many on this forum can say that. Chances are the solder came loose on the board or a holfax issue. These Shifter are quite sensitive to trauma. Anything can disconnect them.

Even my STG had to be repaired. Fortunately for me STG is a 1hr drive away and he fixed mine on spot. Test all your button in the controller settings. If you have thrustmaster it has a great detection tool.
John29

#5 Post by John29 » 18 Feb 2021 15:26

@flight50 thanks for your answer,

I purchased my mega shifter new in December 2018 on the Tech Affluction.

What a pitty that tech affliction go on the wrong way.

It’s great that there is an other shifter seller to replace tech affliction.

But if I can repair mine it would be great.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 18 Feb 2021 17:46

I watched STG take mine apart as he wanted to see how TA worked. I couldn't tell you how the inner workings work though to tell ya what to fix. But once you pop the top, there are a few screws and it all disassembles easily. I also remember there was a video on youtube that CSIO did on repairing the SKRS. It might be worth looking at. But chances are its the Arduino board which is a soldering issue.
PBandJ

#7 Post by PBandJ » 18 Feb 2021 18:20

Does the ATS game recognize your shifter itself? Does it show up at all in Options/controls? If so, is there any key set to toggle 1 and toggle 2? Not sure if you need the box checked on this shifter that says "shifter toggles use switch mode".
WINGER

#8 Post by WINGER » 16 Jul 2021 18:02

Hello, I ordered a new arduino board because T.A’s board is desoldered at the USB socket so I will need the program to re-configure the new board; will someone be able to email me the program in advance thank you. Winger
My Knob is : Road King 3 buttons

Ths a lot Friendly
Winger.
Last edited by WINGER on 16 Jul 2021 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Grizzly

#9 Post by Grizzly » 17 Jul 2021 01:41

I've put the file I downloaded from them here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mKs9Ec ... sp=sharing

I've had the same problem, the USB header only connects if you hold it in place. I actually tied some string around the cable and bound it to the case under tension and it's been working like that for some years :lol:

I've also had to re-solder wires at the gear stick end a few times but at least the switches in the stick seem durable.

Let us know if you get a replacement working, I've been meaning to work something out.
WINGER

#10 Post by WINGER » 17 Jul 2021 13:07

Hello everyone and thank you Grizzly for the link. Personally I do not understand anything to your link if I open it. :shock:
So I put it aside in my computer and a friend, I think I will surely understand the method to follow for its installation. :lol:
For the moment I am waiting for the delivery of the card by Ali...... that I should receive by August 4th.
Promised during the reinstallation of my Road King I will give you a summary of his reinstallation. thank you and see you soon. ;)
Winger.

Return to “General discussion about the game”