The Next Tuning Packs ATS

Now that 7 brand vehicles are completed, the modification package can come.

Freightliner Trucks
6%
İnternational Trucks
6%
Kenworth Trucks
33%
Mack Trucks
5%
Peterbilt Trucks
35%
Volvo Trucks (usa)
10%
Western Star Trucks
5%

Total votes: 193

Grizzly

Re: The Next Tuning Packs ATS

#31 Post by Grizzly » 24 Apr 2021 01:09

Yeah freshen up the textures, make the gauges look round, I'd be happy.
Freeze338

#32 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Apr 2021 22:27

JSWarrell wrote: 22 Apr 2021 16:16 I don't like that logic. Abandon the original design because a new one is coming out? Some of us don't exactly see the new designs as an improvement. Although, that doesn't mean I think they shouldn't ever be in the game.

The point in updating the first 5 models would be to set a baseline for ALL truck models in the game. SCS started the CAD referenced models early enough in the build so far that I don't think it's too far-fetched to revisit 5 models. They don't have to be continuously updated to the same level of detail as each new truck that gets released, just set a simple baseline and have most of the options that would be available in the dealership in real life. I like my current 579 and would like to keep it in my fleet, but in its current state I'll have to edit it in blender to have the configuration I really want. The "TMC" setup comes to mind.
Guess what... if SCS decide to rebuild older trucks there are 17 of them are waiting in ETS2.

Beside 5 trucks requires minimum 2 years. On that 2 years if one of the brands will stop producing their truck you'll instantly lose the opportunity for having that truck. So 2 is better than 1 no matter what. I don't wanna waste opportunity for have 122SD or some other truck which would likely got out of the production line just because you people are wanting more realistic trucks.
JSWarrell

#33 Post by JSWarrell » 27 Apr 2021 00:10

flight50 wrote: 22 Apr 2021 18:15 @JSWarrell I'm sure you don't follow me enough around here to know my stand point on a lot of things, but I'm never against updating and tweaks when justified. I never said don't update it. I never said abandon it. People that want the models I am referring to want those trucks built from scratch. You have to read the entire thread for "Next Truck Speculation" to understand where I'm coming from. Look at ETS2....if you have it. There are very very old models in that game and SCS will not remodel them from scratch. Do it for one game, you must do it for both. Trucks are free of charge. Its better to build newer models and keep it pushin'. I'd love it if there were some 80s, 90, 00's trucks in the game. At some point, any truck will become outdated. No point in getting caught in that loop by trying to keep every truck up to par with the current ones. They are not staffed for that.

Some of the older ETS2 trucks got tuning packs and that is when a few things can updated. No different for ATS. Updates are fine, I'm talking about scraping the truck and making a new model when there is already a newer gen out. There is no point. Its tough luck and it is what it is. I bought ATS June of 2016. I'm one of the biggest ATS fan you will ever run across. You won't find too many that are more active than myself with talking about this game. I feel like I'm growing up with ATS. I still have my same W900 that I bought as my first truck and I still drive it 90% of the time despite newer and better models. So would I like a newer model.......sure, but it won't happen no time soon...if ever. Too many other models that are not in the game. The W900 and the 389 are pretty much physically unchanged in the last 2 decades looking at the truck overall. They are classics and meant to stay that way but in ATS, they are victims of when SCS modeled them.
I think you and I had a similar discussion to this in another thread. I didn't mean to make myself look so blunt this time.

I said that it's not too late in the production to set a bare minimum for each truck in the game to be CAD based. That's all. I explicitly said they don't have to all be upgraded to match the newest truck every time one gets released. I just think the first five should be as accurate as the Lone Star, then they don't have to be touched again with the exception of the occasional game version change affecting their functionality. However, I guess I'm really not doing myself any favors if I ignore ETS2. I'll admit it's very discouraging looking through the models and seeing ones that were recycled from GTS and knowing they'll be stuck that way forever.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my W900 too and still drive that. It's surprisingly accurate enough despite the only difference between the two sleeper options being a roof fairing, and some parts permanently attached that should've remained as accessories. I was able to change that myself (which seems to be the most popular counter-argument for anything we complain about anyway) but it sure would've been nicer if I didn't have to.

But you're right, it is what it is...which I'm guessing is your whole point to begin with. All this wishful thinking is just an uphill battle against reality, especially with ETS2 constantly giving us a glimpse of ATS's future.
Freeze338 wrote: 25 Apr 2021 22:27 Beside 5 trucks requires minimum 2 years. On that 2 years if one of the brands will stop producing their truck you'll instantly lose the opportunity for having that truck. So 2 is better than 1 no matter what. I don't wanna waste opportunity for have 122SD or some other truck which would likely got out of the production line just because you people are wanting more realistic trucks.
You're not wrong, and I think I've come to agreement with this before. The only thing I'm still stuck on is that these truck manufacturers are still too stubborn to allow licensing for anything other than the ones they want to promote, which is always the newest, more evolved models. It's already happened before, we lost the chance to see an International 9900i in 2017 and got the Lonestar instead a couple years later. I'm frankly amazed the VNL got released at all when the new generation was right around the corner.
By this logic, SCS should be working with both Freightliner and Mack to get the 122SD and Pinnacle respectively, because I believe those two are next on the chopping block. The 122SD less so because I think that's their only on-highway vocational truck right now.

Anyway, Sorry for keeping the discussion off topic.
flight50

#34 Post by flight50 » 27 Apr 2021 01:45

@JSWarrell Honestly I don't remember the discussion you mention that is similar, lol. I slept since then and I'm all over the place in threads so I have no idea. Accurately modeled trucks would indeed be ideal but it wouldn't be realistic for SCS. Trucks are free of charge and it already takes 1 year for a 3 man team to make them. There's a solid dozen trucks to make perhaps if you include both games. If you want to include older trucks, that could keep the truck models busy for a decade.

In regards to manufacturers being stubborn, I wouldn't put that all on them though. SCS has some play in that. If they don't want to do trucks that we want to see or if they never even ask the manufacturers for particular trucks, they won't do it. Games like Snowrunner and Mudrunner features much older trucks than what is in ATS and they are licensed, allow damage and even smoke. People always say what manufacturers won't allow when the statements are not 100% valid. We never got our LB that was suppose to explain all that. The person that was suppose to do it, no longer works at SCS and no one will fill those shoes that Carthoo had. We have no idea what SCS's license agreements looks like and they will never share that. But when you see games like MudRunner or Snowrunner, it makes you wonder.
JSWarrell

#35 Post by JSWarrell » 27 Apr 2021 17:26

@flight50 It was a while ago, in the Peterbilt Trucks Duscussion Thread. It wasn't just you and me talking about remodeling the trucks, but some of the same points were made.

I don't know, it was always communicated to me that the North American manufacturers were like that, especially in the very beginning, because it wasn't very often that they were approached for licensing for anything other than just to have their trucks as AI in the background of racing games or something like that. Peterbilt and Kenworth weren't having it at all with Rignroll back when that got released in 2009, but Daimler surprisingly had no issue with Frieghtliner, Western Star AND Sterling (the latter of which became defunct that same year) being put in the game, WITH damage.

The only thing I can think of is that both Rignroll and Snowrunner lean more towards the racing or "arcade" style genre, whereas ETS2 and ATS are closer to hardcore simulation. Maybe the PACCAR brands had their own conditions and SCS decided it would be easier to apply them to the rest of the brands.

But yeah, we're probably never going to know. Maybe it won't be too long before that kind of thing changes, because I recall Oscar in a stream saying Freightliner reached out to SCS to have their truck put in the game. Maybe after that, the rest of the brands will continue to follow suit for future models.
flight50

#36 Post by flight50 » 27 Apr 2021 23:08

Yeah I somewhat recall all that, lol. Definitely the same points...with all my typos along with it, lol. And yes you are correct. I too recall there being an issue with North American manufacturers just not knowing how to deal with a video game that puts their truck in the spotlight instead of just a prop. I still like to think that because of Paccar, there is an ATS. We only had 4 to start but hey, at least someone got the ball rolling and that was Paccar. Now things are taking off in the truck department for ATS. ATS is still very green though. The trucks have doubled in count but we still have no licensed trailers, no tuning packs and no lighting kits. All in due time though.

I agree with you that once one gets in....here comes the rest. That goes for trucks, trailers, tires, tuning, etc. If ATS has the same exposure world wide like ETS2, I'm sure the fan base would be a tad higher. 18WOS was very popular and it was the US. To many people thought ATS would be the entire US just like 18WoS and once they saw that it wasn't, they abandoned the game. That hurt ATS numbers from the start. I hope a lot of them return to see what the game has become now. ATS is modeled after ETS2....there are yearly maps added (up until Iberia). The devs are always updating it and its all for free. So to still bash ATS even though it does as ETS2 does, I don't see the need for holding out. But to each is own.

I also agree that manufacturers probably looked at ATS as a more serious approach to the trucks on the road and that meant that others would be able to look in on their competitors in a way. See flawless for something if SCS implements it. Or perhaps bad blood from look a likes with the 18WoS series. SCS wouldn't broadcast flaws in truck designs nor more than what the manufacturer shows. I guess some manufacturer's felt exposed or vulnerable perhaps. Heck I don't know but I do know that all that is past us now so I agree that maybe other brands will see ATS as more of marketing tool. Me personally, I love the way the 49x was fast tracked and then in only 5-6 months, the complete truck came and flat out destroyed every other truck when it came to possible configurations. Its been discussed that others rather a complete truck from the start. For me, if it means getting another model in ATS like the 49x came to us....do it. If an OTR trucks comes...you can bet it would be the sleeper variant that comes and not the daycab first. I think that is where many were upset. But it all worked out.

Until or if we even get the new 579 or new T680, we'll just have to hope that the tuning packs that come will spice up the existing 5 trucks just a hair. I still favor Paccar trucks to be the first to receive tuning. The first 5 will never be on par with what SCS does now but a tuning pack will help a little with those models.
harishw8r

#37 Post by harishw8r » 28 Apr 2021 02:54

I wouldn’t call it little, tuning packs have a greater potential. For Peterbilt 579, it might be even a chance to bring in the Ultraloft cabin, the plastic air intake and Paccar transmissions.
OWLCAT

#38 Post by OWLCAT » 01 May 2021 13:53

In steam DB, I found a DLC for ATS named "G".
I think is an Goodyear tire DLC.
Hello! I love muffin, Do you love muffin?
parasaurolophus67

#39 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 01 May 2021 13:57

we found out already lol, they say its ether volvo or HX series.
SirVirgoTheMess

#40 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 01 May 2021 14:04

harishw8r wrote: 28 Apr 2021 02:54 It might be even a chance to bring in the Ultraloft cabin, the plastic air intake and Paccar transmissions.
All of those things you've mentionned are part of the base truck...
If SCS ever add those things,it would be for everyone,as part of the base game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”