The Next Tuning Packs ATS

Now that 7 brand vehicles are completed, the modification package can come.

Freightliner Trucks
6%
İnternational Trucks
6%
Kenworth Trucks
33%
Mack Trucks
5%
Peterbilt Trucks
35%
Volvo Trucks (usa)
10%
Western Star Trucks
5%

Total votes: 193

flight50

Re: The Next Tuning Packs ATS

#21 Post by flight50 » 22 Apr 2021 18:15

@JSWarrell I'm sure you don't follow me enough around here to know my stand point on a lot of things, but I'm never against updating and tweaks when justified. I never said don't update it. I never said abandon it. People that want the models I am referring to want those trucks built from scratch. You have to read the entire thread for "Next Truck Speculation" to understand where I'm coming from. Look at ETS2....if you have it. There are very very old models in that game and SCS will not remodel them from scratch. Do it for one game, you must do it for both. Trucks are free of charge. Its better to build newer models and keep it pushin'. I'd love it if there were some 80s, 90, 00's trucks in the game. At some point, any truck will become outdated. No point in getting caught in that loop by trying to keep every truck up to par with the current ones. They are not staffed for that.

Some of the older ETS2 trucks got tuning packs and that is when a few things can updated. No different for ATS. Updates are fine, I'm talking about scraping the truck and making a new model when there is already a newer gen out. There is no point. Its tough luck and it is what it is. I bought ATS June of 2016. I'm one of the biggest ATS fan you will ever run across. You won't find too many that are more active than myself with talking about this game. I feel like I'm growing up with ATS. I still have my same W900 that I bought as my first truck and I still drive it 90% of the time despite newer and better models. So would I like a newer model.......sure, but it won't happen no time soon...if ever. Too many other models that are not in the game. The W900 and the 389 are pretty much physically unchanged in the last 2 decades looking at the truck overall. They are classics and meant to stay that way but in ATS, they are victims of when SCS modeled them.

You are fine to not like my logic. I'm just stating and thinking like a dev. From hanging around here so long, you pick up on how they operate.
Last edited by flight50 on 26 Apr 2021 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
TruckerKid

#22 Post by TruckerKid » 23 Apr 2021 10:30

@flight50 There’s a bit of a flaw with your logic regarding trucks eventually becoming outdated. If the trucks are created using the most accurate data given to them (CAD data), then it basically becomes future-proof, there won’t be any need to make them more accurate if they’re already as accurate as they can be.

This then narrows down the trucks significantly that need the rebuild. Basically everything after the LoneStar doesn’t need to be touched ever again except for minor changes or features that get implemented (which they already do).

This is the main issue most of us are talking about when critiquing the older trucks, the accuracy of the model itself regarding proportions and geometry. Once those are corrected, theres no need for any major work on the models again anytime soon, if not ever.
harishw8r

#23 Post by harishw8r » 23 Apr 2021 13:01

I'd say flight is right. If I were a dev, I'd focus the available manpower towards creating more trucks than to recreate existing ones. Polishing and Texture updates won't take more time as recreating everything (just because they are dimensionally incorrect) would do. The vehicle team in SCS is small and it would be absolutely difficult for them to do all these potential stuff at once:

1. New Trucks
2. Rework old trailers to bring it to cargo market
3. Any new Trailer/Tyre DLC
4. Tuning packs
5. Polishing older models so that it at least looks like a recently made one
6. Recreate older ones so that they are in proper 1:1
7. Work on old truck DLC

6 and 7 technically consumes the same time as 1, so they just focus on what brings in more customers, simple as that. 5 is a better alternative to 6 It's not like we don't have the truck at all.
xXCARL1992Xx

#24 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Apr 2021 13:05

IF they recreate the older trucks they have to hire 2 to 3 people who do them one after the other, and nothing else until all 5 are done and then you integrate them into the normal team to accelerate the production of other models like new trailers/trucks, accessories wheel or tuning DLCs etc.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 23 Apr 2021 13:18

TruckerKid wrote: 23 Apr 2021 10:30 @flight50 There’s a bit of a flaw with your logic regarding trucks eventually becoming outdated. If the trucks are created using the most accurate data given to them (CAD data), then it basically becomes future-proof, there won’t be any need to make them more accurate if they’re already as accurate as they can be.

This then narrows down the trucks significantly that need the rebuild. Basically everything after the LoneStar doesn’t need to be touched ever again except for minor changes or features that get implemented (which they already do).

This is the main issue most of us are talking about when critiquing the older trucks, the accuracy of the model itself regarding proportions and geometry. Once those are corrected, theres no need for any major work on the models again anytime soon, if not ever.
The issue is that you are judging the trucks in current time...2021. Come 2028, 2030, neither of us have an idea what things will be like. SCS is always coming up with a new modeling tool or techniques. So yes, everything will be outdated. How outdated, is to be determined..........just like it is now. I'm not saying everything will be revamped but there will be obvious differences if you have a 5+ year gap in techniques. We are seeing that now year to year. I am sure some can see quality differences from the Lonestar up to the 49x. SCS is constantly updating everything about their game.

Sure the trucks will be in much better conditions for several years, but we are not in the future to know how things will be affected. So no, I honestly don't think my logic is flawed but if you like to think so, that's fine. Future proof can only go so far before things start to show their age. Its a game and on this scale and this size, considering tge update theur game and don't make new iterations, its inevitable for things to become outdated across the entire platform at some point. We see it every year so yes, I think about things becoming outdated.
Last edited by flight50 on 23 Apr 2021 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
harishw8r

#26 Post by harishw8r » 23 Apr 2021 13:23

I don't think recreating is gonna happen anytime sooner. We also have more ETS2 trucks that needed such rework. Texture updates are great and IMO effective.

From tuning point of view, It's worthwhile to recreate Pete 389 and Ken W900. Other three are not so bad and they don't offer a lot on tuning as compared to these two.

(Had to delete a whole passage, thanks to flight50. Even the best ones we have now will be outdated sooner or later.)
flight50

#27 Post by flight50 » 23 Apr 2021 14:18

^Sorry, lol. I guess I took the words right out of you mouth, lol.
J. Ritter

#28 Post by J. Ritter » 23 Apr 2021 14:59

If I could get a 579 sleeper truck with bare tanks and side exhaust, and a DEF tank on the 389 in a tuning pack I would be happy. The rest would be icing on the cake.
parasaurolophus67

#29 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 23 Apr 2021 15:01

I don't think a DEF tank would be part of the tuning because it was always added once built. Tho this is a Glider kit version so I don't see the possibly of it being added
flight50

#30 Post by flight50 » 23 Apr 2021 15:46

I probably wouldn't bother with a def tank either. A def tank would mean a year model change. Whatever year SCS modeled after, I'd keep it specific to that year. Otherwise, that means a new truck from scratch.

Return to “General discussion about the game”