The Next Tuning Packs ATS

Now that 7 brand vehicles are completed, the modification package can come.

Freightliner Trucks
6%
İnternational Trucks
6%
Kenworth Trucks
33%
Mack Trucks
5%
Peterbilt Trucks
35%
Volvo Trucks (usa)
10%
Western Star Trucks
5%

Total votes: 192

flight50

Re: The Next Tuning Packs ATS

#11 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2021 16:52

overfloater wrote: 18 Apr 2021 12:34
I wouldn't say the Lonestar and the Anthem are bad models.
They aren't.
By 5 earliest trucks i meant both Petes, both Kenworths and the Volvo.
Ahhhh. So you meant first 5 models and not the first 5 brands. Gotcha.
pigbrother wrote: 18 Apr 2021 12:46 However, while the old T680, 579 and VNL could be ignored because their successors will arrive in game sooner or later, the W900 and the 389 are the last cry of the classic era and it would be nice to be remade for the sake of their significance.
I totally agree. That is why I don't agree with those that want the old models reworked/redone for the models you listed. There are new models so no point imo. Maybe a few texture upgrades to the interior with a tuning pack but that's about it.
NoDe31

#12 Post by NoDe31 » 18 Apr 2021 17:53

rip_c_bennington wrote: 19 Mar 2021 05:58 Imho the first tuning pack will not be for one of the major brands. The first one in ETS was also not for one of the major brands.
You have Actros (mercedes/daimler) tuning pack, XF (DAF) tuning pack, Scania (mighty griffin) and FH (Volvo) tuning pack...Which one of them is not major brand?
Sora

#13 Post by Sora » 19 Apr 2021 19:53

I have no interest in tuning packs for trucks that I'm not going to use, and at the moment that includes all of the Paccar trucks simply because they're so far behind the other models in terms of model quality. My answer will change if they're brought up to modern standards, but even then there are still several new trucks I'd prioritize over that if possible.

The others would all be equally fine, I guess. Maybe less so VNL, but the VNL is a bit better than the Paccars and we'll probably get the new one before too long anyway.
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 00:28

I'll never abandon my W900. I still use it 90% of the time as I still much rather drive it. So a tuning pack for me is a definite yes. I'd buy it regardless but Paccar trucks would excite me the most. The newer trucks really don't need much. All trucks can get lighting kits, wheel dressing, mudflaps and mirrors. If you want to get into performance which is how I see the name tuning, perhaps exhaust, engines, turbos, rears and transmissions.
supersobes
Global moderator

#15 Post by supersobes » 20 Apr 2021 03:17

I actually like that idea about including performance accessories in the tuning DLCs. That could be a way for glider kits to find their way into ATS. The tuning packs could include older engines like the Cummins N14, CAT 3406, and Detroit 60 Series, including all the proper torque ratios and power ratings associated with those engines. As far as I know, adding new engines to the game doesn't require any licensing. It could be something easily added as engines are mostly just work with the definition files, unless of course they also add custom sounds to the engines.
Texshi

#16 Post by Texshi » 20 Apr 2021 07:09

Gotta Trick My Truck Peterbilt needs them chicken lights and chrome alll over the 389!
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Gootho717

#17 Post by Gootho717 » 20 Apr 2021 11:43

I voted yes for the tuning packs, particularly for the PACCAR trucks as I still mostly use my Pete 389 (first truck I've bought/used, second one is the Cascadia).

I like a lot of ideas being thrown here - like the idea about remaking the W900 and 389 (and new models for the 579, T680, & VNL) and performance bits.

In addition lighting kits, wheel dressing, mudflaps, and mirrors, I would like to see an APU as well as the ability to paint the frame in a custom color (there are other specific model things but that is about it - I think I made up a list of accessories for the 389 that I have somewhere - I'll have to look it up).
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
Freeze338

#18 Post by Freeze338 » 20 Apr 2021 21:05

Well the answer is simple. Which brand has two trucks. So PACCAR. Which one? Peterbilt. Why? Because Texas is coming and good looking Peterbilts will represent better. Also oldest truck that ever made in this game is Peterbilt 579 if I'm not mistaken. So it's worst one about quality and it has less customization comparing the rest. It doesn't even have 2 different sleepers. So with a custom pack it'll be a better truck.

After the Kenworth if we have 2 trucks for all brands I would like to say Volvo should be 3rd. Because old VNL model is not very good as well ( I love that truck tho (especially with Kriechbaum sound pack)). With some make up it'll be better.

After Volvo I don't care which one.
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2021 22:46

I so hope we get at least 2 truck models per brand before SCS goes to 3 for Paccar. It just seems fair to me. I don't care for the old VNL. The new one is sweet though and I can't wait to see it make ATS. Kriech's sound mod does indeed make the current VNL drivable but once the new VNL comes, I'll probably have to buy one and use Kriech's mod for that for a spin or two once a month. The SCS sounds are very bad to me but that is nothing new. They can't do everything satisfactory. Finda a solution that works and go with it and enjoy the game.

We finally got an accessory pack for ATS so I think a tire pack and tuning pack for something can't be too far away. If something happened this year....sweet. I do wonder though that if the chassis wire harness hasn't been adjusted for 1.40 yet, I wonder if the devs are just holding off because tuning packs or tire packs will make them have to visit each model anyways. Why work the model more times than you have too. Fix everything at once while fitting new parts. Tuning packs and tire packs are easy sales. Not everyone uses mods. This site is perhaps more mod heavy but outside of here, most are perhaps vanilla players. Vanilla is smooth gameplay if you can deal with it. So adding dlc's that have mods already created, is a plus for sure.
JSWarrell

#20 Post by JSWarrell » 22 Apr 2021 16:16

flight50 wrote: 18 Apr 2021 16:52 I totally agree. That is why I don't agree with those that want the old models reworked/redone for the models you listed. There are new models so no point imo. Maybe a few texture upgrades to the interior with a tuning pack but that's about it.
I don't like that logic. Abandon the original design because a new one is coming out? Some of us don't exactly see the new designs as an improvement. Although, that doesn't mean I think they shouldn't ever be in the game.

The point in updating the first 5 models would be to set a baseline for ALL truck models in the game. SCS started the CAD referenced models early enough in the build so far that I don't think it's too far-fetched to revisit 5 models. They don't have to be continuously updated to the same level of detail as each new truck that gets released, just set a simple baseline and have most of the options that would be available in the dealership in real life. I like my current 579 and would like to keep it in my fleet, but in its current state I'll have to edit it in blender to have the configuration I really want. The "TMC" setup comes to mind.

Beyond that, I'm okay with any of the trucks getting tuning packs. The PACCAR brands would probably make the most sense; they were the first in the game, and from what I can tell they have the most popular customization market.

Return to “General discussion about the game”