BFGoodrich
5%
PIRELLI
5%

Total votes: 106

dkasper00

Re: New Tires packs

#11 Post by dkasper00 » 18 Mar 2021 17:44

I don't want to see either Goodyear or Michelin. Would prefer Bridgestone or Continental.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
clifflandmark

#12 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Mar 2021 20:22

Freeze338 wrote: 18 Mar 2021 15:20 Before that I would like to see tyre performance like ETS2. I still don't know why it's not a thing in ATS. Then I would like to have tyre DLC.
There are 2 meanings in what you told ;

1) Tyre performance in variations of tyre brand. ( Michelin's low budget vs. Michelin high performance etc.) why not ?

2) Tyre performance between tyre brands. (Michelin vs. Goodyear etc.)

2nd option will be painful for SCS. Both SCS and tyre brands will regret for their licensed tyres.

Another issue with licensed products is truck's damage. what will happen if SCS show Daimler trucks as a trash compare to Paccar's ? If we assume Western Star becomes %15 damaged per 1000 and get to service, and Kenworth %5 damage per 1000 miles and still can make 2000 miles. Daimler is going to sue SCS such in situation.

edit : Every company advertise their product as the best. The fact of the matter is, "best" product depends conditions. For example, Michelin tyres are good generally, maybe it's the best commonly. However, Michelin can't produce a snow tyre like Nokian's snow tyre's sensitivity.

"Every company advertise their product as the best." and due to image concerns of companies, SCS cannot fully simulate. That's not SCS' fault as you can realize.
Last edited by clifflandmark on 18 Mar 2021 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Mar 2021 20:34

there is already performance differences between tyres and tyre make, in ETS2 you see it because we have 3 tyre manufacturers, GoodYear, Michelin and SCS, ATS will most likely have 2 soon

also, Daimler cant sue anybody about tyre performance, not even Michelin or Goodyear can do it, SCS uses data provided by said manufacturer, no curt in the world would srsly let anything happen :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#14 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Mar 2021 20:48

I did not say Daimler sues someone for tyre performance.
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Mar 2021 21:00

doesnt change the fact that nobody can sue anybody about hard date used provided by the manufacturer, your point is still nonsense, SCS can simulate everything to the last detail if they get data and Daimler, Michelin or GoodYear cant do anything about it, if this was the case then you would never find any branded name in any game because everyone thinks they are the best and will say the developer is not objective but subjective because Brand A in game that is "favored" better then Brand B

fact is, ETS and ATS "simulate" tyre characteristics with data provided by manufacturers, so ofc the tyres from GoodYear will performe different then from Michelin and nobody can prevent this, same as every truck ingame performs different from each other dependin on what engine and gearbox you have, with your logic SCS would have been sued into oblivion already because the old Kenworth is worse in performance then the new WS 49X
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#16 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Mar 2021 21:23

You've got 2 trucks, heavy loaded. There are 2 tyres. 1 is soft, other is harder. You are using same trucks, everything with same parameters. After a while, you drive out asphalt, a stony harder road. The softer one probably will be damaged more. Consider that SCS simulate everything accurate. It's blaming softer's tyre in another way.

I don't think SCS include kind of these features.
xXCARL1992Xx

#17 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Mar 2021 21:31

if GoodYears said SCS their tyre is this soft in compound and Micheline says theirs is this hard in compound ofc you will see differences and it would be ingame if SCS would bother simulating it, the simulation includes wet grip, noise level and roll resistance, and one tire will be better then the other that is fact, your reasoning is still nonsense, nobody will sue anybody about hard data you can google that is simulated ingame, if Goodyear FUELMAX S GEN-2 is worse in fuel economy then Micheline XLine Energy Z then it will be the same ingame and Goodyear cant do anything about it
[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#18 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Mar 2021 21:43

you are ignoring that one of the parameter is tyre damage. I dont follow ets that much, fuel economy, noise etc. could be added before.

I suggest you to learn how speaking, because it seems you has not been taught. I'm not sure if it's your translator's fault or not.
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 18 Mar 2021 22:08

Larry71490 wrote: 18 Mar 2021 13:42 Can't forget Bridgestone or Double Coin.
I forgot about Bridgestone, crap. I switched. I'd rather see Bridgestone before Continental. I need 4 options, lol. I never heard of Double Coin though. I honestly think ATS could get 5 brands of tires if you ask me but please make it for both the tractor and the trailers. That is what the mods to and if you want to sell the tire dlc's, people will demand the ability to place brand name tires everywhere, not just the tractor.

I think more companies in the US would open up if ATS has license trucks in the game. If truck manufacturers trust SCS, why wouldn't everyone else pile in. The more people that know about ATS, the better. Prior to covid, SCS was on track to make more trips here for more interaction with North American companies in the trucking business. That could have made Oscar's job a tad bit easier imo. I expect trailer manufacturers to really jump on board soon. We have one license but SCS is not working it even though they've had that license since 2018. Time to get more dlc's into the game though.
Last edited by flight50 on 18 Mar 2021 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
clifflandmark

#20 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Mar 2021 22:30

That's the first forum I've been in. hundreds of people joining to forum from everywhere. I've not encountered such a "style"(wording) in ATS' forum despite abundance. And I never think it's about culture or geography. It's something like "typing" correct. I better get used to it. :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”