BFGoodrich
5%
PIRELLI
5%

Total votes: 106

Grizzly

Re: New Tires packs

#21 Post by Grizzly » 18 Mar 2021 23:53

As long as the differences are based on real data they are ok, you don't see Mack suing because some other trucks have more powerful engines.
flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 18 Mar 2021 23:53

flight50 wrote: 17 Mar 2021 21:41 Change Firelli to Pirelli. Its a P, not a F. I use to think the same a long time ago.
@Cemail Cebeci I'm just going to drop this here for ya. The poll was reset but still not fixed for this company.

[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#23 Post by clifflandmark » 19 Mar 2021 00:12

Grizzly wrote: 18 Mar 2021 23:53 As long as the differences are based on real data they are ok, you don't see Mack suing because some other trucks have more powerful engines.
I don't know how companies react something like this. but I can say that the company whose product is shown badly may not give a license again.

about suing... -I don't hear any sample to this situation. I've heard a little bit irrelevant sample :D -

Rumors tell that the Jimmy Page and Robert Plant go to San Fransisco in 60's. In a small bar, they listen some young performers and later Jimmy Page is influenced to compose "Stairway to Heaven"s intro riff. This young performer is actually a member of "Spirit" band, and he performed "Taurus" there.Maybe you guys remember, just a few years before, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were in court because of stairway to heaven's intro riff's copyright. Both Spirit's Taurus and Stairway to Heaven's intro sounds close. Alive Spirit Members sued Led Zeppelin.

As I said it's irrelevant, but as in copyright thing, the manufacturer can blame developer for showing their licensed products badly.

edit : personally, intro riff is nothing compare to solo, this solo proves Jimmy Page is a musical genius that he already compose more than stairway to heaven's intro riff.
rip_c_bennington

#24 Post by rip_c_bennington » 19 Mar 2021 06:05

I would like to have the Michelin Man as accessory for ATS.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#25 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 Mar 2021 09:05

clifflandmark wrote: 19 Mar 2021 00:12 the manufacturer can blame developer for showing their licensed products badly.
No they can't. That's not how the real world works.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
howey

#26 Post by howey » 19 Mar 2021 13:36

Would get rid of Coopers and put Toyo on there instead. Bridgestones imo are good steer tyres, always had Bridgestone super singles on the steer with Michelin's on the drive and either Hankook, Toyo and even a brand called Sumitomo on the trailer/s.

Another brand you could include to that make truck tyres are Falken.
rookie_one

#27 Post by rookie_one » 19 Mar 2021 13:55

Prefer Michelin, but it's mostly because I like the french company :p
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 19 Mar 2021 14:05

Haha, I forgot about Falken. Most manufacturers make commercial tires then. It would be awesome if Oscar was able to pull off quite a few of these for ATS. I'd really like to think most would be onboard with jumping on the bandwagon with all the big truck manufacturers. I'd also really like to see 2-3 of these manufacturers grant SCS a licensed building and blimp in ATS. This is kind of a no brainer dlc that needs to happen in ATS. This is an easy sale for a lot of people. One more mod that can be gone or for vanilla players (which is the masses), the chance to get licensed tires. The more add on for trucks, the happier most people will be. Customizations is what people like. The more options, the more people support the game. The more support, the more people play. The more people play, the likelihood of them getting friends, co-workers and family to buy and support the game.

Upcoming dlc's in the next 1-2 years
Texas
Goodyear has Chemicals in Bayport, Synthetic rubber in Beaumont and Houston. San Angelo has the track
Bridgestone has Tread rubber and Retreading in Abilene
Cooper Tires has passenger/light truck in Texarkana

Oklahoma
Michelin has passenger tires in Ardmore. Commercial tires are further East
Freeze338

#29 Post by Freeze338 » 20 Mar 2021 14:10

clifflandmark wrote: 18 Mar 2021 20:22
There are 2 meanings in what you told ;

1) Tyre performance in variations of tyre brand. ( Michelin's low budget vs. Michelin high performance etc.) why not ?

2) Tyre performance between tyre brands. (Michelin vs. Goodyear etc.)

2nd option will be painful for SCS. Both SCS and tyre brands will regret for their licensed tyres.

Another issue with licensed products is truck's damage. what will happen if SCS show Daimler trucks as a trash compare to Paccar's ? If we assume Western Star becomes %15 damaged per 1000 and get to service, and Kenworth %5 damage per 1000 miles and still can make 2000 miles. Daimler is going to sue SCS such in situation.

edit : Every company advertise their product as the best. The fact of the matter is, "best" product depends conditions. For example, Michelin tyres are good generally, maybe it's the best commonly. However, Michelin can't produce a snow tyre like Nokian's snow tyre's sensitivity.

"Every company advertise their product as the best." and due to image concerns of companies, SCS cannot fully simulate. That's not SCS' fault as you can realize.
I'm talking about the first one.

SCS updated sound, updated graphics and sooner or later they will update the physics. Tyre wear, grip depending on surface and weather, realistic fuel consumption etc will be updated in future .

As the performance some tyres has better fuel consumption and less sound but they don't have good grip on rain and snow and opposite version has worse mpg and more sound but have good grip on slippery conditions etc. That's one side and second side is, cheaper version has bad performance than expensive version. So they could implement a lot of different tyres in one brand. And ofc there should be a balance between each tyre company. Making one of them is significantly superior than the other makes no sense otherwise.

In ETS2 options are like this.
Tyre.png
And not only that but their size are different depending on the tyres as well.
20210320173426_1.jpg
20210320173440_1.jpg
clifflandmark

#30 Post by clifflandmark » 20 Mar 2021 14:43

I saw, thks for info

Return to “General discussion about the game”