pigbrother

Re: New Tires packs

#41 Post by pigbrother » 10 May 2021 11:19

I see no reason to be any other way.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
SirVirgoTheMess

#42 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 10 May 2021 11:21

To be able to put them on trailers,this DLC at minimum need all-position tire(s).Like the Z tires from Michelin,for example.I think it's the letter A,in case of GoodYear.
Even then,is SCS able to put them on trailers,because of licensing or whatever reason?
genbrien

#43 Post by genbrien » 10 May 2021 11:57

pretty much confirmed at this point lol

https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/ ... 2670375938
Freeze338

#44 Post by Freeze338 » 10 May 2021 15:48

I wish we can see Good Year trailers on A.I. traffic.
genbrien

#45 Post by genbrien » 10 May 2021 17:22

Freeze338 wrote: 10 May 2021 11:18 hopefully they will add tire performance like ETS2.
In today's stream There was not... :cry:
xXCARL1992Xx

#46 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 May 2021 17:23

there is, the US doesnt use the fancy tire lables like Europe does, doesnt mean there is no difference in performance in the background, you didnt had a look in the def files yet, even the SCS tires have performance values
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#48 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 18:10

@Cemal Cebeci Michelin is mis-spelled in the poll. So is Pirelli. Can a moderator please correct the spellings? Misspelling was mentioned at the start of the poll but never corrected.

edit: thanks for the correction.

Something I'd love to see in ATS to go along with the licensed tire:
1) rubber industry
2) tire plants
3) tire company licensed blimps

Tire plants are typically remote just like any manufacturing facility is so there is space. It would be nice to have a couple plants in the game. We just need some carbon plants like Borger, Tx, one in Big Spring, Tx, or even Louisiana since it to is around the corner in the next 1-3 years. to kick start the industry. We have tires in the game as cargo but no place to develop them. We have car parts and we should eventually get glass some day. If ATS every gets car plants, the automotive industry will be set. Cars and truck parts can benefit from tires, glass, rubber, etc.

One in Texas and one in Louisiana works to hold down the fort for the South region of the US.
Xaagon

#49 Post by Xaagon » 11 May 2021 01:34

Freeze338 wrote: 10 May 2021 15:48 I wish we can see Good Year trailers on A.I. traffic.
+1

Also the Cascadia trailer.

I don't even mind if there are no companies in the game to match to new trailers, I'd just like to see more variety in the AI trailers. I'm hoping a result of SCS working with Swift is to start seeing various national carriers in AI traffic, both real and fictional. Maybe even trailers for in game companies that you can't deliver to like Hoods Supermarket, Dirk's Chicken, Taco Kingdom, etc.
flight50

#50 Post by flight50 » 11 May 2021 02:26

@Xaagon that's an awesome idea actually. I love that. Hoods, Taco Kingdom....that's freakin' perfect actually. The more the better. Whatever fake companies Annie comes up with functional depot or non functioning, I think we need a trailer for it. If they are going to the extent of creating fake companies........complete to illusion 100%. ATS already lacks companies. Having the AI sport skins of non deliverable depots and deliverable depots works great in my book.

I don't really care if the Ai gets dlc tires though. That's not something I am for nor against. But I do love the skins idea. Obviously this GY is just the start of hopefully a few more tire packs to come. As I mentioned above, I'd love to get both regular vehicles and commercial vehicle tire manufacturers in the game. Goodyear and Cooper are the only two American made Tire companies. I'd have to think as a minimum, both of them make it in ATS. GY is in but will Cooper provide a license is the question. If ATS only managed them two, please get their tire plants facilities in the game for a new industry for ATS. We should be able to deliver to and from these facilities. If we got other tire companies, cool. But I'd be okay if we only got to use the tires from others non American companies. I think we should be able to deliver, use and haul Goodyear and Cooper products though.

Return to “General discussion about the game”